Minor/Repaint: Zamboni Bulkhead about 80% complete !! UPDATED WITH BOX!!!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by PrimulArchangel, Nov 5, 2008.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey guys :) 

Some one you may remember my idea to repaint Animated Bulkhead into and New York Rangers Player/Zamboni.. Well i got me and extra bulkhead a while back and been working on him .. I got him just about finished..

I started off by taking him all apart, then primed everything. Then i taped off all the parts i didnt want to be blue.... Then I gave him and base coat of that matched the ranger blue but i had gotten a mislabeled bottle of paint that said it was glossy but turned out to be flat.. I didnt like the flat blue at all.. So i thought what the hell and i loaded some Blue Perl into my airbrush and gave him a second coat of that .. Its came out 100 times better i thought..

I then had to let it dry a few days so that i could tape off the blue areas so i could paint on the red.. After all that i let it dry again and today i started putting him back together.. He came out just the way i wanted him.. There are some touchups i will need to do because some of the paint chipped during transformation. And i still need to paint his face and fingers to look like gloves.. Im thinking about reshaping his wrecking ball and flaten it out to look like a hockey puck too..

I will be making a box for him as well . Im going to make a Titanium style box from scratch. The insert will have the images of a Hockey Rink for full effect.

Ater i get the paint all finished i will need to make some water slide decals to complete him. Ill update the thread hen i do so :) 

Until Then enjoy the pics of Ranger Bulkhead :) 

-Curt

UPDATED 11.10.08

Well i finally got my laptop back up and running.. I wasnt able to save much of my files, nothing i could use anyways.. So tonght after i got my drivers for my camera reinstalled i took a few pics of the Box i made for my Bulkhead.. I may remake the box from scratch . All i really did with this one is printed some images and pasted them on to the titanium box.. It looks pretty good but i may make another..
    I tried to make the box look like a goalie net, its came out ok i think :)  Have a look and see what ya think .. Once i finish with my laptop i will finish up his paint and then work on my decals again. I had them all made in photoshop but lost them from the virus...
    Have a look :) 

Attached Files:

2. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    he should be Henrik Lundqvist, he's the best on the team :) 

Me being a goalie makes my opinion biased but he is sweet

He looks nice so far

3. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup he will be #30 ;) , I wont put his name on it though, really no place to put it and Its a little hard to do the leg pads on him , if i could i would lol. I think he is bulky enough that people will know he's the goalie lol, plus the insert will have the net onthe inside too. Im going to bring this to the Rangers Toys for Tots benefit they put on each year where you can get an autograph for each toy you bring and donate.. So im going to bring some toys and have the players that are there sign the box ill be making for him..

4. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    I've been waiting for this one! That blue looks amazing.

5. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    This is looking fantastic!! your paint work is looking really slick too.

Glad to see you finally getting around to this guy :thumb 

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    wow that has really turned out well. I was afraid you'd shelved this project! Happy to be wrong. :)  I hope to see more repaints/mods from ya in the future bud.

7. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah i ran into some hard times and didnt have the money for the paints and such.. I had gottn the bulkhead here in a trade and took him apart the day i got him and he sat in a baggy for a while lol. So when i finally got some extra cash i bought everything i needed and went to work.. Im letting him sit for a few days to fully dry and while he does i will be working on my last 3 Train Robo boxes and The box for bulkhead. Ill add some pics of the box if i get it finished tonight :) .

:) 

8. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hopefully i will have some pics of his box up in a few.. I just tried to start up my laptop and it wont get past the windows screen.. I hope its not a virus or something.. Every one of my box designes are on there too :(  ..
    Stay tuned , wish me luck

9. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well looks like i lost everything. Every picture i had , every box design i made, every program , everything..its all gone.. I guess it was a virus that got me. People that make viruses are lowlife scumbags.

Ill take some new photos of the box later or tomorrow. Right now i got to try and save what i can and format my laptop:banghead:  fun fun fun ...............

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    do you have an anti-virus program, or a firewall? (you need to answer 'yes' to both).

Its always a critical habit to get into, to back up your HDD's files periodically, too!

You can actually get data-recovery programs out there. Its not foolproof, but I'd think that there's a good chance you'd get a sizeable portion of your files back with one (or take it to a service).

11. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah i have both virus and firwall programs. My virus program updates about 3 times a day with new definitions and such and i just scaned it a few days ago.. I had just bought a External drive to back everything up onto but my stupidity didnt do it right away ..

I believe all my files are still on the HD.. My buddy told me to reinstall just the windows program when i couldnt get it to start up.. He said it would only remove the windows program and then reinstall it .. So i did that , it took like 15 min or so and after that i was finally able to get it to start up , but now i cant find anything.. I know all the files are left on it because this laptop only had a 40 gig drive and it is saying that 30gig of it is used up.. So when windows reinstalled it put all my folders and files somplace.. I did a search of the C drive and only found 1 small folder with some pics in it .. So that gives me hope that the rest of it is still there..

Any idea where i can get a recovery program from ? Can i find them on a torrent site for download ?

12. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

man that blue is clean i look forward to seeing it done :thumb 

13. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Updated orginal post with some new pics of the Box :)  Have a look and tell me what ya think :) 

14. crosscharge

crosscharge Classics tinkerer

Ebay:
    The box as well as the whole package (bot) looks really good. If you think it will look better as a scratch built box it will only add to the presentation. So that is your call, I don't think anyone seeing it would be dissapointed, except for some flyers fans.

15. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Wow man...this is shaping up very nicely!!

Big kudos on the box :thumb 

16. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks :)  .. I was going to work on printing my decals but then realized i lost my designs with the virus :(  so nowi got to redo all of them if i can find the graphics again that i had.. it sucks loosing all your info ..

17. Rietzey

Rietzey Member

That is absolutely awesome. I may have to steal your idea and put him in Calgary Flames colours. Well done!