Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Discussion!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Thenames9, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Feel free to discuss the latest YuGiOh series :) 

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Haven't seen it, but I know a guy in my schools Anime Club who was forced to watch it because of his girlfriend. Everyone in the room called him a man.

3. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I actually don't think it's bad. Definately the most kid-orientated of the bunch, but still isn't bad. The theme could be better though.

4. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    At first I thought it would be a ridiculous series, seeing as 5D's was supposed to be the last series.

I gave the show a shot and while it's not on the level that 5D's had, it has it's own fair share of coolness.

The fact that the character Yuma incorporates features from previous duelists is another cool thing. A spirit of another person acting as a dueling teacher (Yu-Gi-Oh - Yugi), A kid who loves to duel (Yu-Gi-Oh GX - Jaden) and how can you miss that hairstyle (Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's).

All in all though, it's so far turned out to be an enjoyable experience.

The English theme by 4Kids isn't half bad either.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL English Opening - YouTube

5. SearchmanDS

SearchmanDS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shark, Kaito, and now the Tron siblings are the reason I haven't given up on this show. After the amazing ride that was 5D's, this show can make me feel ill at times.

6. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    I can't stand this show, and i am someone that loved GX and the original Yu-gi-oh, though didn't really get to watch 5D's

i can not stand the character designs at all though

7. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I honestly haven't liked the anime in years, but considerng how much of my time & money has & continues going into the cardgame, this seems worth checking out at the very least.

8. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    This franchise needs to be cancelled and the person(s) responsible for creating it needs to be burned alive over a fire fueled by every card in existence. Yugioh is shit, hardest game on earth to learn because every time you get a decent combination/deck some little bitch(es) fucking piss all over themselves, cry and call it op bs and get the card(s) banned from tournaments or removed from the game completely. The series are even worse, especially after they've been americanized with american names.

"I beat your blue eyes white dragon with the power of friendship!!!" "Heart of the cards!" "Friends!!!" "Exodia!" "Grandpa!" "Millennium Puzzle!" "let's play a card game and bet souls while we use holograms that are dangerous----FRIENDSHIP!" "Hey guys, you didn't notice that when I scream 'yu-gi-oh' I got taller, my eyes changed shapes, I got a foot taller and my voice got deeper?!" "We've recovered my memories, it turns out I'm evil! dun dun dun"

Fuck this show right up its kids and dumb-as-hell-players loving ass.

Now the show has little toddlers playing the game while wearing scouters, wow.

Please, Captain Planet we need you now more than ever!

9. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Hardest game to learn? Please. Have you played the game? It's easy a hell, and "Dumb-as-hell-players"? If you can't even learn the game you must be pretty fucking retarded if the people who know how to play the game are dumb. I think someone needs to grow up and take a chill pill. It's a cartoon, and they're giving a decent message out to children to always have your friends with you and never give up.

10. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

i really liked the first one.

the GX was meh to me.

5D's was cool.

ZeXal, i watched the first 2 episodes and i did not like what i saw. le sigh.

11. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Metal Chaos you really need to watch the YuGiOh Abridged series. It is hilarious and mocks that show.

12. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Yeah. I'd be angry too if I had a huge stick up my ass. I feel ya.

Anyway, I just started watching, up to episode 6. It's...Ok.
    I'm liking Yuma more than Jaden right now, because although Yuma is pulling wins out his ass (Though I did hear Shark or someone perfects him in a few more episodes), at least it's not for some random, oddly specific card combo.

13. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well to be fair, Yugioh is easily the most complex game that I've played, and it doesn't help that it's also one of the least supported in terms of gameplay rules & whatnot.

... you're right though, as that Metal Chaos dude definitely needs to take a chill pill & simply not watch the anime if he doesn't like it haha.

14. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i've played many card games, but yu-gi-oh is the most fun one i have ever played

if you want to know a game that is hard as hell to play and is generally unfun? magic the gathering

i'll happily play yu-gi-oh with my dad and brothers, even if little bro uses those damn syncros that break the fucking game in my opinion :lol 

15. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

shark is bad kid in series

16. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Zexal is okay. Definitely not 5D's tier though. I hate how Yuma keeps making retarded mistakes in duels. I could probably duel circles around him and I haven't actually played myself for years.

17. Inikalord

Ebay:
    I think that's one quality I like about Yuma that makes him likeable. He's not a know it all duelist right off the bat like previous main characters.

I think we have all been in Yuma's shoes when we first started playing the game and made our own little mistakes but we got better over time, which the same can be said about Yuma with the help of Astral, who actually educates his partner about dueling unlike Yugi and Atem, where one did the dueling and the other sat in the back.

18. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I'm now up to episode 8, and I'm actually enjoying it a lot now. Not GX, but I like it more than 5Ds, which I didn't particularly like.

19. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm a big fan of the original Yu-Gi-Oh cartoon, as over-dramatic and silly as it could be sometimes, and have caught a few episodes of ZeXal since the dub premiered. I like that ZeXal seems to be borrowing a lot from the basic premise of the original series, but changing it up a little and not just being a virtual remake. I actually like it a lot better than 5Ds, although I could never get past the weird "card games on motorcycles" aspect of that one.

Christ, if you're this wound up about a cartoon series you don't have to watch, and a children's card game no one is forcing you to play, I'd hate to see your reaction to something that has an actual negative impact on your life.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  20. Inikalord

Ebay:
    It's too bad they won't be showing any new episodes of dubbed Zexal till February :C