Youtube Reviewer wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by Necare, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, seriously? this is just ridiculous.

Real quickly, if you don't know, Optibotimus made a video whining about 3 reviewers who get toys really early. He said he is leaving and told them to stop getting figures early. He ultimately blamed the people that watch the videos as well. He called out three reviewers in particular, Transformersmatrix, dbanks, and Peaugh.

NO ONE HAS ANY RIGHT in my view, TO TELL ANYONE ELSE HOW WHERE AND WHEN TO SPEND THEIR OWN MONEY!!!! If someone wants to get a figure early so be it! (It's like we keep having this argument over and again!)

It's a matter of perspective really. We all see someone get a figure 5 months early and pay 50-100 dollars for said figure and think that is ridiculous. However, I go out and pay $10 for a figure in a store and my friends and family think I am ridiculous, (though they support it). It's a personal thing. Now if this plastic crack addiction goes too far and you spend money you don't have, that is a problem which is what it sounds like optibotimus was saying about Sean long, but in that case...Deal with it personally off the air. Don't vent your laundry on the air like a girl getting her period for the first time wearing a white dress during a solo performance at the school talent show!

And as for blaming youtube subscribers for people buying toys early, you are out of line. I don't know what "peer pressure" you are talking about but this isn't a major sporting event where athletes make millions of dollars, this isn't a political issue where nations hang in the balance...these are toys! We subscribers are interested in seeing reviews on new toys just as we are all info whores! We are looking for early info on the new Animated Series, art on Comics, interviews on the New Movie. We are FANS!! That is what FANS do...they show INTEREST!!!

So to you Optibotimus I would say, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out! GOOD BYE!!! I don't think there is any place for that type of whining in transformers reviews.

Oh and personal note:
    As Cartman would say, "Do you have sand in your vagina?"

You and Sean of Transformersmatrix are so bush league to call out Peaugh and Dbanks for getting figures early.

It seems that Transformersmatrix Sean Long is always getting into issues with other reviewers like Nightslash2020 and Dbanks. It would appear that the problem is with Sean Long not anyone else! Take your laundry away from us fans...we do not care for it! If you need help reach out through the proper channels! We are here to talk about toys.

Peaugh, keep doing what you are doing, you are far and away the best reviewer out there and whatever floats your boat about getting figures is your business.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I highly doubt this topic will last long; the last one on it vanished altogether.
    My thoughts on this are very simple; if some hypocritical crybaby wants to throw his teddy out of the pram in front of thousands of people because he's jealous that other reviewers are getting more attention, then good riddance to him.
    I know there's bad blood between Optibotimus and DBanks, and between him and Sean Long, but Peaugh has done nothing wrong at all in all this. Dragging him into it is a pathetic move. And if Optobotimus is so worried about Sean, maybe he'd like to keep a tighter reign on the idiots on his forum who constantly slag other video reviewers off.
    Crap like this is why I steer clear of most TF video reviews these days. I want to see the toy; I don't want to be exposed to all the whining. I'll watch maybe 3 reviewers, and that's it.

3. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    Honestly, what's the problem if some people want to get figures way earlier and have the financial means to do so?

It's their cash, they can do whatever they want with it....

4. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

The best thing to do is let em whine. they will cry themselfs tired and fall asleep in the corner.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Toys. Serious business.

6. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

His net radio show is shity to boot. LOL

7. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I rather prefer picture reviews than having to slog through poor sound, shaking cameras, unintelligible language and clumsy, almost brutish attempts at transformations.
    If these people want to spend silly amounts to thieves (covered SOOOOOO many times already :horse: ) just to own something a few months before everyone else and get some attention for it, then so be it. Whatever.
    In all the time I've been collecting, I've looked at maybe five video reviews, all by the people mentioned earlier.
    Basically I can live without them, and do so quite happily.

8. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i agree, the war is stupid. if certain people want to buy toys early, then let um. others shouldnt complain. its sorta like yelling at a football coach for his team being better than another team. or like your friend showing off his new toy to you before you got it. is it aq tad irritating? ya, i suppose it is. but no need for this so called "war"

9. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    100% this.

10. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I guess everyone needs their 15min. of Fame - in either way.

I understand what Paul is saying but I also think he overreacts - but we are not all alike, and thank god for that.

11. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I liek Shortround's video reviews the best.

12. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    None of my fucking business (I don't watch video reviews), but since it's posted in my favourite forums and I read it;

Wrong forum, or wrong boards altogether. Take it to youtube, take it to the people you are upset with.
    Stop throwing names around, you think Peaugh is happy to be dragged into it again? (I don't know him at all, but he seems to be a decent bloke.)

13. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    ya, i cant believe he dragged Peaugh into this! just cause he gets toys early doesnt mean that hes ruining reviewing

14. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

I just watched that...da dah dah da doooooooooooooouche baaaaaaaaaag, OMFG GTFO! wOW.
    I love it, let the nerd bodies hit the floor.

15. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    hmm...random thought, does anyone know how to properly pronounce "Peaugh?" ive heard alot of different versions, and now im suddenly curious

16. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow...Just watched it and I think someone needs to retraced their steps I think their penis fell off a few steps back.

It's their money. Who cares who does it first or not. But wow man if it's your hobby then keep doing it. Post the review on the Opitmus some of us (ME!!!) might be interested in it.

It generally sounds like he is very upset he isn't getting as much attention as the other reviewers. Oh well. They have fund and resources to do so. It also sounds like it's personally made this into a competition in one's own mind.

17. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
  18. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    I watch Peaugh's review for his honest and straightforward take on the toys, let it be retail or pre-release figs. And then I go to Vange1us for my comedy cum reviews fix. Both awesome in my books. I think the whining made by by attention deprived reviewers are silly. Just sit back and enjoy them videos, how hard can that be?

19. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Mods, please delete this thread or send it far away. I don't want to know about people spending bigs wads of cash just so they can be the first to review a toy, and then bitch when they are not the first to do it.

20. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also I honestly watch both the early reviews and post released reviews. The early one usually don't have instructions and as pointed out in the ROTF: Soundwave it not definite on the transformation as where as one bought in a retail store at a later date will give us all its luster and fulfillment with possibly better paint app and a proper transformation.

Pick and choose your battels and don't let petty things drive you from your hobby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.