You're transforming it wrong and complaining about it...... the thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by pezley, Apr 25, 2017.

1. RavenousPrime

RavenousPrime Fantasy Author

Tbh I think a lot of people in the transformers community often whine and complain about how this one singular simple thing is so wrong that it just throws that figure out the window for them. It just makes them so angry no matter what. I feel like for the money, yeah maybe quality should be better, but I'm not going to sit there and whine and complain about how this or that company did a thing wrong unless I had some pretty horrible experiences with that company overall. At the same time, feedback is good and if they fix a QC issue then that's great. Loads of people are for some reason really nit-picky about things. Like the color is wrong, this is bad because it should really be this way. I mean, it just sounds so ungrateful to me to the point that their words are so hateful they just make things look bad when it probably isn't as bad as they're saying it is. Like maybe something is bad, but it doesn't mean woo, the whole brand/company is bad. Not saying that people can't have opinions or anything, but I feel personally like it's really exhausting and silly to say these things are bad when someone doesn't even give them a chance to fix it. If the company didn't listen then that's another thing. Honestly, it's more about how the consumer probably didn't understand or even read the instructions at all. In which case of not understanding something, the company needs to make things more clear. Either that or wait and find out what people say in a review. I get the reason why a person should be angry after spending a bunch of money on a figure that may not work or do as it is supposed to, but I think most of the time it is over the top. It's kinda funny to watch and just not take seriously, watching transformers fans seriously argue over things that don't actually matter tbh lol. Then come to find out oops, you were doing it wrong or seeing it the wrong way in some fashion. (like not proper lighting etc.)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

Mine aren't the obvious ones. It's the posts that claim they did everything perfectly with no misplaced pressure....but you know something got broke because it was moving a way it wasn't intended somehow.

That being said... I do get all 4 of appolyons tabs in but it's still not perfect, scoria still pops loose, and Girders problem isn't tabs rather alignment and tollerences.

Not everything is user error, but a lot of people's problems are

3. robh

robh Decepticon

So... RTFM?

4. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    We couldn't figure out Astrotrain's train mode, even with the instructions. :oops: 

5. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

My example was more for backdraft. People complaining how he is a loose and floppy mess in the back, but if you peg everything in correctly he is solid as a rock. I used Roadcrane as an example because I had him on hand, and I wanted to see how the feet wideners effected it. Which is to say a little, but not terrible. People having problems with Backdraft being floppy is 99% user error.

6. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

I have not seen a single video review of PX Apocalypse in which the head/chest transformation didn't make scraping contact with inner sections as it rotates through.
    Please take a video to prove your point and to help those who have difficulties here. I legitimately don't believe you, or anyone, until I see it proven in video form.

7. Bots and Bits

Bots and Bits Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Some people did miss the peg step, but also on many the lower knee ratchet (There's 2 per knee) is useless and cannot support the weight :( 

8. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

Thank you! I look forward to it. I dread transforming that chunk of awesome due to how insanely bad it feels to transform that section, and man would that be a lot of money down the drain if it broke.

9. tfpro

tfpro Well-Known Member

Maketoys Striker Noir with Weapon Kit

Going to add this ahead of release since there are two types of folks are buying this figure with the weapon kit. Those that have built gundam model kits, and those that haven't.

For folks that have never touched a gundam kit, you want to cut (not twist) the parts off the sprue. You can buy yourself a high quality sprue cutter or try using a new, sharp pair of nail clippers. Be extra careful so you don't damage the edge of the part you are cutting off the sprue. Parts may be easy to snap together, but may be a nightmare to pull apart. Make sure you have pieces lined up correctly and use the lowest amount of force possible to assemble the kit. Don't rush. Take your time and enjoy the process of building Noir's awesome set of weapons!

10. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

Maybe, maybe not.
    On mine the tabs on the inside of his feet that peg into the ladder assembly in alt mode were simply too big, they wouldn't go all the way in which threw the whole back half out of alignment and stressed them. After shaving them down he tabs in no problem and doesn't really need any need pressure keeping everything aligned either.

11. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

Completely agree with this, I think a lot of these guys are completely over engineered to the point of adding unnecessary complications. Was having a look at MP magnus the other day and just appreciating how simple he is yet effective in both modes. There's still glaring omissions from design (why no extra hinge on the but flap ! ) but at no point do i fear breaking anything on him. Same goes for MP Hotrod. simple yet very effective. Some odd choices and I can see why people are waiting on a better alternative but I don't think I have read about anyones having broken.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    not a 3rd party toy, but people are scuffing the barrel trying to attach the silencer to masterpiece megs because theyre not transforming the silencer properly. if you twist the barrel of the silencer 45 degrees it slides on the gun barrel with no problem at all.

13. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    doesnt matter either way. still scratches