You're Already Dead! New FotNS game!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Atomsplitter, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Details Here

Fist of the North Star/ Hokuto no Ken, but Dynasty Warriors style. I want to have high hopes for this, but seeing the way DW games have been for, oh, about forever, I worry for it. It looks pretty good graphically for a DW game, though.

I just want to stick my thumbs into guys temples, then walk away as they explode. Is that really too much to ask?

2. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I started watching FotNS on hulu.com. That show is weeeeird. It's kung-fu Mad Max.

I recall seeing an animated movie when I was at this anime club I use to go to and thought it was stupid. I thought heads exploded at random when I watched it orignally, not knowing it was all about pressure points, etc... etc....

I would totally dig this as a video game though.

3. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

YES. now all i need is a decent Guyver game.

5. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Does it come with a squeegee, or a rain parka?

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Man, this game looks awesome.

I wonder if it will feature new characters who are central to the plot one episode, then fade into obscurity the next -just like the show!

If David Hayter did the voice then we would have come full circle and bunnies will be able to fly.

7. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

The TV series just got licenced for DVD in the US, so theres going to be plenty of Hokuto to go around next year.

Legend of Kenshiro fansubs hit the internet the other day as well, althougth i've not got round to watching it yet.

8. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

that would be pretty awesome :D 

i recently bought a dvd set, it's a remake of the old series it seems, but with worse (?!) animation and identical story. only 12 episodes though i think.

9. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Legend of the Dark King maybe? That came out recently and has 13 episodes with painfully cheap animation, but its a prequel series about Raoh rather then a remake of the main story.

The 80s show is the one I was talking about just now, Discotek Media picked it up after doing the movie earlier in the year.

10. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

fixed

11. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

I've been watching it as well. The show is a trip. I'm definitely interested in the game now. I'd love to see someone re-release the manga too.

12. Aptom

Aptom Well-Known Member

i started a thread for this but have been pointed to this one. im looking forward to this game the most in 2010 now. my love of fist has been rekindled. currently watching fist of the blue sky which does suck quite hard but oh well. nothing comes close to the HNK and HNK2. got a bunch of fist revoltechs on the ay cant wait !

in my set of HNK the subtitles arnt the best resulting in one of the best mis translations ever. someone proclaims that raoh has 'raped his own fist!'

13. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just tried it yesterday for the first time and It's pretty entertaining. I think most casual gamers will find it boring though. Also Love how it does the freeze frame for the moves just like the original fist "Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken" or how when there's only a few guys left they start crawling around the ground begging lol

14. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Double fixed!:D  But seriously, this PLUS hearing that Hokuto got licensed in this country made me all kinds of glee.