Your Worst Theater Experience

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prime Jetscream, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I thought of this, due to yesterday.
    Post your own worst theater experience.
    Mine:

I went to see Ice Age 4, and I had one free ticket. They told me I couldn't use it because it's only for use on movies that have been out for 2 weeks.
    So I went in, saw that there were lines. Well, supposedly. There were just those weird extending fabric fences made out of seat belts whatever they're called. No one was there. I WAS THERE AT 3:00, and the movie didn't start till 4:00, so I grabbed some chairs (They moved the tables and replaced them with the line) and sat down. Someone came up and asked what the line was for and I told them Ice Age 4. She stood behind me. I went to check and see if the "CLEANING IN PROCESS" sign was gone, and it was. I went in, and there was no one else in there. The screen was still just a black screen with music playing. (And stereo ads)
    Quickly, the woman who was behind me came in with 2 other people and plopped down in front of me. I have personal space, so I moved up a few seats.
    Later after the stupid ads started (What happened to the trailers?! I don't want a first look at "GET A LIFE". No kidding.), a ton of little kids came in as if it was a field trip. One of them insisted to sit as high up as possible, but luckily, one of the adults told him not to.
    (Seriously, every time they got up, he turned to try and go to the top).

Some people came and plopped down only a seat away from me, so I moved to the top seats.
    Later, some mom and her kid came in and sat down across from the stairs.
    The kid I think was retarded. She kept blabbing throughout the movie, always saying "WHY ARE THY SAD" or "WHERE ARE THEY GOING" and crap like that, and then later some parents and their two tiny kids came and plopped down one seat away. Throughout the movie, the baby would cry, and bump against the seat repeatedly making some noise every time, and the older kid (about 2 years old) would mumble all the time. Then some man and woman came and plopped down in front of me with their big heads practically blocking the whole screen.
    Eventually the crying baby's dad took it out for about 5 minutes.
    And later, the baby tried to get into my bag (I use it to sneak in snacks without paying $500) and then I moved it to the seat on the other side of me.
    The baby cried again, and the dad realized it wanted to be in the mom's lap. The dad tried to tell her but she purposefully ignored him for ages before finally getting up to take the baby out. She stood at the top of the stairs watching the movie for about 10 minutes before she managed to remember what the hell she was doing, and actually took it out. And she was only gone for about a minute and a half. And then for the rest of the movie I had to suffer through the little retarded 4-year-old saying stupid things CONSTANTLY.
    Oh, also, someone in front of me had their phone on for about 5 minutes DURING the movie. And the light was right in my face.
    And another thing, it looked like at one point some freak and their little kid took a picture of me with their freaking phone. Either that, or it's light got in my face while they took a picture of themselves.

Beat that.

2. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    IMAKE everyone at my theater, especially on the premiere of The Hunger Games, have a bad time. I brought a 17-inch laptop, sat in the front area, and watched Battle Royale during the entire thing, speakers on Max, brightness Max, and Japanese dub.

All for my social psychology class project.

3. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Well that's a dick way to do it. ;) 

4. pud333

pud333 Well-Known Member

I dunno. For the most part, sounds like you just went to a kid's movie and watched it full of kids... some of them are gonna be... kids. As for the "retarded" kid, if the kid was indeed mentally handicapped, it's not like they can help what they do or say all the time. That said, I can see how someone would find that annoying.

To me, a bad movie experience usually involves some asshole on his cellphone, like when I went to Wrath of the Titans. This guy starts chatting away on his phone like it's no big thing, and when the usher came to ask him to stop, he gets up and starts saying, "You want to fight? You want to go?!?!" The poor kid was probably just some teenager trying to earn a few bucks. When management came in, his buddy starts to yell and they are both starting to threaten the staff, until they are eventually hauled off.

Actually, that was a fun experience for me. Wrath was a terrible movie, and the two idiots down in front making all the noise was more fun to watch than the film.

5. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    The project was to go and break a social normality, then when you are done, apologize, since that's basically being a dick in public. One guy asked an old lady to give him her bus seat. Dude nearly got jumped by three black dudes before he could explain.

Oh, and I got lots of free popcorn =P

6. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    That sounds like fun. And I'm not kidding. I want a free pass to be a dick to dicks!

7. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Does this count?

Several years ago, my brother desperately wanted to go to a high school play. This was late in the evening and my dad had already been having a few. When no one would offer to give him a ride, my brother turned to my dad. Bombed off his ass, he accepted to give him a ride. I wanted to go with for some reason (I was around 10...not too bright at the time) so I tagged along. I'm amazed our dad was able to keep his cool while we were getting admitted into the theater but once the show started, he wouldn't shut up. Obnoxious yelling, cussing, throwing candy wrappers at other viewers...one kid turned around and asked if he would please keep quiet. Dad responded back in a nasty manner, the kid stared at him as if to say "Unbelievable" and continued watching the show. My brother ended up getting too embarrassed and begged for us to leave. We did but before peeling out of the parking lot, my dad did a 360 and almost tipped his truck over. We made it home but dad swerved quite a bit on the way, luckily with no cops around.

I love my dad with all my heart but he could've gotten us in serious trouble or worse, killed, that day. He hasn't drank and drove since.

8. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And that's why you never see kids' movies in the afternoon.

9. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    A couple years ago I wanted to see the movie Splice. So I went on a sunday afternoon and I was super happy to find I was the only one in the theature. I had a good view and my snacks and all. Your prob thinking how was this bad? Well about a hour or so into the movie these 4 or 5 people sneek into the theature. They are talking screaming at each other. They move up to the top roll of the theature and sit. One man in the group kept getting calls during the last half of the movie and was talking loudly. The girls kep talking about some life issue one had and how DUMB the movie was.

I would have gotton up and prob should have but the movie has like 30 or 40 mins left and I hate missing parts of movies. I delt with it. Needless to say it kept on and on finally the movie ended. I got up to leave and the stupied guy at the end of the roll jumped out at me and was like BOO!. I gave him a go to Heck look and said "Yeah". I just kept walking till I got to the little usher person coming down the hall. I told him the people coming out behind me snuck into the movie a little bit ago and all. He had a look on his face and I notice him and two other usher got to talk to the group. I smiled and left.

10. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i guess i'm lucky. the worst experience i've ever had is a couple of douchebags in their late teens/early 20s yelling random stuff every once in a while during the previews. one of them yelled during the preview for one of Jason Statham's movies, "That guy's russian accent sucks dick!" i almost made a smart-ass remark and said "you suck what?" but i was with my family so i couldn't. i just told him to shut up and ignored him the rest of the movie

11. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    Couple years back i went to see freddy vs jason (dont judge) 15 minutes into the movie someone busted out with the comentary "oh damnnnnnnn you better run" "hes gonna getcha" "shit motherfucker playin for keeps" im sure you have all heard shit like that, well the guy behind him asked him nicely to be quiet 3 times, the other guy then stood up like he owned the place said "you tryin to shhh motherfucker, do you know who i am???" then of course his loudmouthed girlfriend threw her mouth into it, which ignited a screaming match then the girlfriend threw a large soda in the guys face then the guys went at it in the theater, "mr comentary" got his ass whipped, they took him away in a ambulance while the other guy was draggged away in cuffs. scored me 5 free movie tickets and snack gift certificates out of it

12. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I got yelledat by a lady for talking and texting during hunger games. It was sooo boring though.

13. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    The Hunger Games. Bloody hell it was so busy, i've never seen a cinema that packed, and at almost every single scene there was some girl squealing or "ooooohing" and when the main character and that guy kissed in the cave my eardrums nearly exploded.
    Also when i saw the Muppets, purely because me and my friends were laughing our arses off whilst everyone else was just staring blankly at the screen for the whole thing.

14. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well, at least they didn't waste good popcorn to get their message across.

Haaa see what i ddi there>>>???

Also, didn't we like, just have this thread?

15. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I"m the mother of an autistic child. While he is usually very good during movies there are times where he asks questions or gets bored when there is more lovey dovey stuff going on the screen instead of action (see Spiderman) while I do make sure he doesn't disturb other and I also sit away from others
    as others pointed out you did see a kids movie....with kids...on opening weekend.
    If you have a personal space issue thats fine, but do you really expect to see the Dark KNight at a midnight showing and not have anyone sit close to you.
    It's the same thing here, kids movie, opening weekend.
    And Retarded is an insult not an actual medical diagnosis. Mentally Hanidcapped is preferred

16. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had this one woman be a complete bitch and tell me to stop talking..........befoe the previews had even began. This was during the lights up, reading little advertisements on the screen before movie trailers even begin. I was just confused. Got her back though, when the movie trailers started, one trailer for a comedy came up and she laughed the whole trailer. After the trailer I asked if she could keep her obnoxious laughing in check. Pissed her off to no end.

17. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    It IS an actual medical diagnosis. They just changed it for no reason when people started using it as an insult. It didn't used to be an insult.

18. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    I've had no problems watching a movie at the theatres. (Guess I've been lucky)

19. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bingo....winner winner.

It's the same for what used to be the deaf and dumb. The fact that dumb was there, as time went on and it became a word used to insult others ended up being changed to deaf-mute or deaf and mute. It used to be the acceptable term, but no longer isn't.

20. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kids were running up and down the theater with their glowy shoes and talking and the parents weren't doing jack shit. Other people in the theater were even sshing them.