Your worst TF purchase ever?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by M-Prime, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M-Prime

M-Prime Banned

Hey all, I was just wondering what you felt was the absolute lowest of the lows, worst of the worst TF purchase you have ever made? And as a follow up question, what did you do with it?

Was it that Wheelie that you just couldn't resist, but got it home and, overwhelmed by revulsion, doused it with lighter fluid and re-enacted the crashing of the Hindenburg from your roof top?
    Or maybe it was Armada Smokescreen...you saw him in the store thinking "Great! Another construction vehicle TF!"...but when you freed him from his plastic prison and transformed him the first time noticing that he has no hands and looks like a fucked up oompa-loompa...you decided to take matters into your own hands and discover the physical effects of a sledgehammer's introduction to Smokescreen?
    Or maybe, just maybe, you took that RiD Bruticus (the 3-headed dog, not Ruination), and just stuffed him in the back of your display?

Mine personally was a G1 Firecon (forgot which one, and does it really matter), that even as an impressionable 12 year old boy under the influence of the advertising powers of the 80's, I found completely and utterly fucking lame. Let's just say that he lived up to his title as a firecon, and about 4 hours after coming home with me, was interned to the garbage can as a hardened puddle of plastic goo.

How's about y'all?

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

BACKSTOP> i dont think i need to explain. but yes he is on the shelf with the jungleplanet bots

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hands down, no contest, the worst TF ever for me is BM Nightscream. The one I have is second-hand from ebay. So glad I didn't pay full price.

4. M-Prime

M-Prime Banned

Is he displayed? Or did you condemn him to a cardboard box in the basement, a fate worse than death for a toy?

5. butz

butz slippery when wet

It... its like you took the words right out of my mouth!One of the very few Tf toys I deliberately got rid of.

6. Backscatter

News Credits:

I had compassion. BM Nightscream is displayed in bat mode, sits atop of on old G1 collector case with his friends Noble/Savage the and Crow Deployer (can't think of it's name right now) beside him. Even through dislike I feel sorry for him. :D 

7. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Mine had to be Armada Sideswipe. Luckily I managed to sell him.

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Armada Hot Shot, Smokescreen and Sideways. By far the worst three TFs in my collection. I haven't gotten rid of them because I'm a packrat and hate parting with anything...d'oh! Plus I guess I have the Rest of the Armada Line minus all the repaints so I might as well keep them around for that reason if none other...

9. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    My worst TF purchase wasn't a toy.

Back in the late 90's, my brother and I went in together to purchase the entire US TF TV series on VHS (plus some of the Japanese episodes and vintage Hasbro TF toy commercials as a bonus) from an ebay seller. I won't say exactly how much we paid for fear of embarassment, but it was a triple-digit number.

The quality on the first two tapes was horrible, and the seller got mad because we left negative feedback. I told him we'd remove the negative feedback if he gave us at least a 50% refund, which he refused. In fact, he refused to refund any money at all or even send us replacement tapes with better picture quality, so we left negative feedback a second time.

What we discovered shortly afterwards is that he'd been selling the same bootleg VHS set repeatedly on ebay for well over a year, and our leaving negative feedback ruined his scam.

The only nice thing about the set was that he'd actually taken the time to include over a dozen vintage TF toy commercials, but that certainly wasn't worth what we paid for the set.

But what really makes it the worst TF purchase ever was that just a few years later Rhino began releasing the entire series on DVD, making ours a completely wasted purchase.

10. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    None. But I do think buying Armada Megatron was unnecesary, it's not a bad toy but I just think it was unnecesary.

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The worst in recent memory would have to be Armada Laserbeak. Honestly I don't know why I got that thing. He's still on a shelf somewhere, though I think he'll be boxed sooner rather than later. Many of the weaker TFs like Sideswipe in Armada I can forgive, Sideswipe has a really nice alt mode after all, but I cannot find any redeeming feature in Laserbeak.

I've also had my fair share of overspends and the like over the years, but I don't regret them. I regret so very few of my purchases, in fact.

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    God Bomber, MIB - $400

That was before the reissue. I ended up selling it for $50 two years later. I want to go back in time and kick my ass.

13. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

I'd say Goldbug. I just got him as part of a lot. I'd heard he was bad, but it's just terrible. Probably the worst transforming robot toy I've seen, and I collect bootlegs.

I generally try to keep with language level of this board, but I have to say, "Fuck Goldbug."

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Probably Beast machines Megatron; bought mostly for the sake of BM completeness.

15. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Depends on how you define worst. Biggest waste of money I made was in 2001, when Brave Maximus came out, I bought the majority of the CR line, you know, the one that was released on the US like a year later for half the price. Other than Max, I would have saved hundreds by waiting.

Worst single toy? Armada Laserbeak or Kicker.

16. Backscatter

News Credits:

Only two things save Armada Laserbeak for me. He has a good picture of Optimus Prime and as a Camera, makes a really freaky head for a Maximus bot. :lol 

P.S. He's also one of the few Transformers that's full scale.

17. Backscatter

News Credits:
    Yes, D@MN Kicker! He got me interested in Micromen.

18. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Universe Treadshot is the biggest pile of doody I've ever had the displeasure of owning. It came with Universe Ultra Magnus. I sold him as fast as possible in a lot. I don't think I would've been able to sell him otherwise.

19. Tannerbot2000

Tannerbot2000 Well-Known Member

The worst transformers purchase i made, in my opinion is the parts for final battle prime. The image of final battle prime is part of what re-introduced the germ of transformers into my brain, but when i assembled the set, i was at best underwhelmed. I wound up tossing prime and jetfire and have kept whatever the cannon mode bot is called. Other regrets are many univese bots and some armada stuff, which wouond up as charity donations. The final category is most of energon, which in retrospect i ask myself why, especialy jetfire, god that toy sucked, and that lot of energon was also given to charity.

20. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

The Landcross Gestalt team reissue. Combiners are great and all, but man is that thing fugly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.