Customs: your worst injury when making a custom.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by luke4, Sep 14, 2008.

1. luke4

luke4 crocon

my friend was making a model, the knife slipped and he had to get 16 stiches in his arm. has anything like this ever happened to u?

Attached Files:

2. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Good ness no, nothing that serious. I think my worst was a hot screwdriver pierced my thumb, once. It healed okay, but for like a week I could feel that little healed over "gap" in end of my thumb.

3. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    2 stitches in the thumb, from an x-acto.

I love how those are so sharp...you don't even feel the cut.

4. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Ground a chunk off my thumb with a shaping bit of my Dremel.
    I did that a month ago & it's still not healed, but it's left a hell of a scar so far.

5. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I was knocking a pin back into an Alt.....the pin that holds the hood onto the front end of the Jeep mold.....like a dummy, I didn't move my finger out of the way, and the pin went into my finger tip at least a quarter inch......ouch!!

It was kinda funny, because for like a second or two, I had the front end of a Jeep hanging from my finger :lol 

6. luke4

luke4 crocon

my friend didnt he thought it was a lil cut and then he looked at it and was like "i need more then a bandaid." :dunce 

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I seem to be the same with my scalpel; I'll find little nicks on my fingers that I don't even remember causing...
    But aside from the occasional similarly scalpel-related finger stabbings, and accidentally getting hot glue on myself, I think that's about it, touch wood.

8. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

a few years ago i cut myself under my thumb its hard to describe exactly where . it was an inch and a half long and maybe a quarter of an inch deep. when it healed my skin was tighter in the palm of my hand and that took a long time to return to normal

9. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was using a Dremel cutting bit (the round metal cutting bits) when it skipped and went across my left index finger's second knuckle. It was at high RPM so it cauterized it immediately. Burned like hell, and when I bent my finger, I could see a perfect 8th inch valley in my knuckle. No blood though.
    I also dropped an X-acto blade on my big toe, and it stuck in just like a dart about a half inch. Oddly that didn't hurt that much.

10. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Too many to count. Worst two injuries were one where my dremel buried itself into skin between my thumb and index and tore everything to shit(Bandaged it up and it healed fine thank goodness). The other was a brand new blade slicing my thumb open and requiring my Fiance to hold my freshly cut flesh together while I used superglue to seal it shut, screw stitches, superglue is at the head of medical technology LOL, not even a scar was left.

11. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    hmm, I managed to find a full set of armour when rummaging through stark industries' junkyard. been wearing it when customising ever since. it's missing a gauntlet though, I wonder why.

12. soundwaves man

soundwaves man Guest

well if you call customizing my eggs by reaching over a hot stove i got a moderate 2ed degree and the scar is still there

13. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Same thing happened to me about a month ago as well.

14. Paul Prime

Paul Prime Well-Known Member

I almost entirely cut the end of my left thumb with an X-acto. I press the hanging piece of meat and put a bandage, and the two parts joined together again after some days of healing. Now you can barely see a little scar. Nothing too serious (16 stiches, that is serious).

15. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    I superglued myself to my Bonecrusher conversion and my pants now I have a hole in my shorts and a nice raised skin print I have to sand off on my bot.

16. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
  17. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

I probably cutted myself accidently with a X Acto Knife, but luckly it healed. But you guys...geez you're like the Mick Foleys of customizing because you take alot of shit to make great things from plastic to create either Transformers or other customs. So there you go.

18. anemis

anemis Well-Known Member

hum... for my part the worst ones are...

use thin cyanoacrylate glue and it wnt on my thumb and burned the hell out of it...

use crystal clear resin and had an EXTREMELY bad allergic reaction (i was warned by the instructions lol)

burned 5 fingers with hot glue (all at same time... had some on my thumb and i had the unfortunate reflex of trying to get it off with my other fingers lol)

pieces of styrene got into my eyes....

well i guess we all have our stories lol

19. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I was using an x-acto knife to shave away plastic from MP Walmart-Starscream's wing joint. Like an idiot, I had my finger pushing against the toy while my knife went the opposite direction.

The knife went clean into my finger. I didn't need stitches, but there was a lot of bleeding.

Damn thing about the x-acto knife is that you don't think the cut is that serious. Looks and feels just like a paper cut at first. Then the waterworks start, and you basically go, "Ah shit."

20. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    Lets Seeee, ok X-acto knife cuts, and i was get some thing out with my screw driver n it with into the side of my finger like an inch, then i was using a Soldering iron to remove some pins n then i set it down n stupid me the back of my hand touched it i didnt feel it i wasent paying attention n all of a sudden i felt it, it took weeks 4 it to heal, n now i got some freekin scar from it