Your worst injury ever.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by red4, May 30, 2009.

1. red4

red4 Banned

I've grown up climbing boulders, moving large metal shit, crashing my bicycle, etc, but I have never broken a bone. The worst injury I ever had was probably when I dislocated my fucking pinky when I punched some jerk in the head in 8th grade. The worst cuts I ever had were when I cut my lip on a staple because I was looking under a sofa (I don't even remember this happening, but I know it happened because I have the scar); and when I cut my elbow open with bits of glass while making dust angels on my back yard patio. Sounds pretty stupid, I know. That cut didn't even hurt at all; I guess it severed a bunch of nerves.

This thread serves to boost my ego.

2. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

I was shot.

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    busted my head open in a bounce house.......nobody knows how it happened.....but it happened....

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've never broken a bone either. Sprained my wrists and ankles a lot. I was hospitalized once for eating too many pot brownies and having a panic attack though. I didn't eat them to get wrecked, I ate them cuz I was hungry and for some reason that was the only food in the house...

5. red4

red4 Banned

holy shit
    wanna elaborate? if it's too traumatizing THEN I INSIST!!! jk

6. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

WTF? "dust angels"? In broken glass? Individually these words make sense,but I don't really know what you're on about.

7. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

It sounds a lot worse than it actually was. It was just a flesh wound, right upper arm. No bullet to remove, just a tear and some blood.

Something I consider much worse is when I broke both my arms at once.

8. Spoon

Spoon Banned

/thread

Though I'm sure there is an interesting story to go along with this...?

9. red4

red4 Banned

I didnt realize there was broken glass until I noticed I was cut.

10. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

I also have never had a fractured bone. The worst thing that happened to me was a sledding accident where four of us were in the sled, I was up front. The three guys behind me were ~200 pounds each. We ramped a little hill and everyone landed on my back, shoving my ankle down into the frozen ground. My toes touched my shin, and I instantly became nauseous. I KNEW I had broken something. I finally made it to an orthopedic doctor who gave me the "good news, bad news" bit. The good news was that I hadn't broken anything. The bad news was that I'd have been better off breaking every bone in both legs and feet, according to him. He also went on to say that it's basically the worst possible injury for an athlete, they're essentially guaranteed to not work in their field again.

I scoffed at that news, turns out he was right. It was a high ankle sprain, located in the shin area and directly above the ankle area. I was in a "boot" for six months, with physical therapy three times a week for several months. To this day if it's humid or cold that thing knots up like a fist and KILLS.

11. red4

red4 Banned

I slipped on ice and fell on my ass. No injury.

12. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I've died twice (once on the operating table), and in 3rd grade I was in a sledding accident where my face was sliced open on a metal sled blade. The plastic surgeons did an amazing job stitching me back together, but to this day I have very limited movement in my facial muscles.

13. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010

When I was like two, I was in a real real bad car wreck. The car flipped over, and I had a large crack in my skull. Also, when I was three, I had a very large piece of glass in my knee. I've got a very large scar there.

14. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Torn ligaments and tendons in both of my shoulders, thanks to my stepdad. Had a 150lb roll of paper ricochet into my leg once, as well as lots of blunt force trauma from assaults before. Fell down a story to land on my back, massive concussions.

When in third grade I had been misplaying a bamboo flute by biting on the end while playing it. Had a kid come up and slam it out of my mouth breaking two teeth in half and forcing the upper part of my mouth out of alignment. Blood everywhere. fun times.

Like Lance I've been deceased legally. My brother and I both died shortly after birth, but I can't seem to stay dead. Been dead 7 times with no heart rate or brain activity. I think Lance and I should have some sort of "frequent flier" card or something.

15. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On Christmas Day 1970, I was riding my bike and I was not looking where I was going and I crashed into a parked pickup truck.

They put stiches between my eyes and I still have the scar today. They also put stiches on my right knee.

16. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I injured my neck at work nearly 3 years ago. I thought for the longest time that it was a shoulder injury since that is where the bulk of my pain was. It didn't start out that bad, but it was enough to bother me. Turns out I have some bulging discs pressing on my spine and nerves, and after 3 years I get arthritis to boot as well as Kyphosis (reversel of curvature of the spine in my neck). Since then it has continually gotten worse and at times I feel like I only have one arm I can use, I get tingling, numbness, and pain down my arm and into my hand. Shoulder pain, armpit pain, pain in the trapezius muscle, pain in the neck muscles, severe cracking and popping in my neck, pressure and severe pain at the base of my neck and upper back, headaches, stabbing pain that goes from my neck into my back and out to my armpits, and every now and them some nausea. It's wonderful, I love worker's comp. Really, I do.

17. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    by some miracle i have never broken a bone my worst injury would have to be on my left arm, which i sliced open on a chain link fence when i was seven, this was before they made them bend the points on the top over i still have the lovely scar to remember it by

18. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I've never broken or fractured a bone.

When I was 19 I tore a ligament in my left ankle. It was like I had no ankle anymore. I was a martial artist, pretty good at it too. I never went back to martial arts, even though it's 5 years later and I'm all healed up.

19. red4

red4 Banned

Fuckity fuck:eek: 
    One of my ex-girlfriends has 2 fused vertebrae in her neck. But there's no need to feel sorry for her, she's a slut.

20. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

Broke my collar bone when my sister pushed me down a flight of stairs... broke my coccyx in a bus when the driver stepped on the gas before i had sat down... hit the metal bar on the seat...