Your "Why did I buy this?!" list.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Smashs, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Anyone have a few figures that you just hate? And wonder "Why the f**k did I buy this?!"

I was rearranging my collection a bit today to get my MP Screamer integrated, and I pulled out the following:

RTS Deep Dive - Boring transformation. Derpy bot mode. Don't even know the character. Why buy? He was $10 at TJMaxx, and I was in the middle of a shopping frenzy last year.

RTS G2 Prime - Just ugly in bot mode. Way too anime for my liking. Alt mode isn't the worst thing, though. Why buy? Didn't realize he was as common as he is. Noticed him at my local Hasting's. Total 'just in case' impulse buy.

Rage Over Cybertron Set - Megs' repaint looks awesome, but Bee and Optimus look ridiculous. Why buy? I missed the Generations wave of the originals. Amazon's prices were generally around $50 each for Megs/OP. I never thought I'd have the originals. Now I do, thanks to fellow TFW members.

RTS Rodimus - Never liked the character. Never liked the alt mode. The coloring doesn't help on this figure, and the transformation is lower than meh. Why buy? I wanted the Cyclonus that came in the two pack, and the matrix pendant.

DotM Deluxe Ratchet - I can't stand the DotM colors. Every joint is loose, so he can't be posed. Why buy? I missed out on the Voyager from RotF, and the Target DotM Voyager. Now, I have the Metallic Voyager from Best Buy. Again, thanks to a TFW member.

DotM Deluxe Sideswipe - Shit paint. Shit transformation. Shit figure all around. The mechtech weapon was the best thing about him. Why buy? I had a $5 off coupon that was about to expire, and I wanted to try my painting skills, or lack thereof. He's sliver now, but I still hate him.

DotM Deluxe Topspin - My only real complaint with this fig is his bot mode wings. They just screw up the whole thing. Why buy? I wanted all 3 Wreckers.

DotM HA Leadfoot Great alt mode, but one of the worst transformations and bot modes I own. Why buy? I wanted all three Wreckers. Steeljaw is awesome. And, I liked the character.

That's it for now. I don't have a massive collection, so It's easy to pick out the ones I dislike. Even so, that's a decent amount of money to have wasted on figures I'll never display again.

2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I'm with you on RTS Roddy, but that Cyclonus completely justified it for me (I missed the classics release). Little Matrix and comic were neat too.

3. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    DOTM Icepick - bought it on a whim, and can't stand it.

Honourable mention goes to ROTF Voyager Megs, who was given to me as a wedding present. What a PoS.

4. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    DOTM Arcee, impulse buy, never played around with the figure again.

5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't regret my purchases. If I don't enjoy certain TFs after a while I'll just sell them off or put them away.

Only exception is DMK Optius Prime. Cost me too much to shrug the expense off, too large in size to just put away and forget about it, and no one seems to want to buy it from me :( 

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A bunch of my movie figures. A lot of them I fiddled with for one day and never touched them again.

7. Gilgamesh

News Credits:
    Wait, DOTM Arcee?

8. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Brawl/Devastator from the first movie. I absolutely disliked the figure the moment I transformed him. I gave him away to one of my little cousins though so he went to a good home.

9. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    I never actually find any overwhelming faults that make me hate any underwhelming figure, but sometimes things are just bought on impulse.

ROTF Skids: Don't get me wrong, he is an amazing figure. However, when I found out about the ice cream truck toy, he just became useless. Thus, why I never bought Mudflap.

Battle Blades Bumblebee: Also another great toy. However, all I wanted was to swap his head with my Premium Bumblebee. Without his head, he became immaterial.

HA Leadfoot: He's not great. He was on sale for $15 dollars and I wouldn't have bought him if it weren't for Steeljaw. My best friend took him off my hands for the alt-mode.

10. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    BB:BB - Too tall, it's a Bumblebee
    HFTD Ratchet - The DOTM one was leaked a few days later
    HFTD Ironhide - Too short
    DOTM Roacbuster - Terrible shoulder flaps
    DOTM Topspin - Annoying backpack

11. superkamiguru

superkamiguru Well-Known Member

Definetly agree. Could never get his arms to stay in the pegs. Also the delux twins from rotf, crappy crappy transformations both ways. Was happy when i sold them to my comic shop.

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    TFA Jet Twins. The characters were semi-interesting on the show, and I wanted to read that comic they came with. Neither reason justified the purchase. I gave them away to my nephew within a week of buying them.

13. Smashs

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yea, I'd have paid $15(what I paid for the set) just for Cyclonus. He's awesome.

This one maybe? http://goo.gl/MvM49

14. Gilgamesh

News Credits:
    Whoa, I had no idea that thing existed.

15. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    It's Japanese exclusive. The OP may have been talking about the "clear" one in the case with Bumblebee, Jazz and Space Case.

16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The top of my list would be G1 reissue Starscream and Generations Scourge. I expected to like both a hell of a lot more than I did.

I'm tempted to say PRiD Ratchet, except I do know why I bought it.

I saw the Jet Twins in person for the first time just a couple months ago and was very tempted. But then I quickly read some online reviews and watched Peaugh's video, and decided to stay the hell away. Thank goodness for smartphones.

17. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RtS Perceptor - Fuck him and his useless scope and unintuitive transformation and his boring alt mode and his stupid face and his whore legs.

18. grimlock_king25

grimlock_king25 Hail to the king, baby

Pretty much every movie trilogy figure I own.

19. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I regret buying Armada Deluxe Prime, Animated Arachnid and the movie version of Arcee.

20. Smashs

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've transformed him exactly once.

Screw the engineer who came up with that one.