Your vision for a Spider-Man film

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by OP84, Mar 27, 2012.

1. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

What would you do if you were able to make a live-action Spider-Man film? Who would you cast, who would you want to direct, and what kind of storyline would you like to pursue. Would it be an original idea, would it be based on a specific story arc (etc. Maximum Carnage, The Clone Saga), or would it be a little of both? Would it contain an origin story, would you have Spider-Man already established, or would you have the origin take place in the credits? Personally, I'm not very good at casting, since I usually choose actors from movies/TV that I've seen, or from shortlists from other films. For Spider-Man, I'd say either Josh Hutcherson (Zathura, Journey To The Center of the Earth & Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, The Hunger Games) or Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Kyle XY).

(NOTE: This video was Hutcherson's audition tape for The Amazing Spider-Man before Andrew Garfield won the part)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvCdfXozqF8

Awhile back in 2010, before she was cast in X-Men: First Class as Mystique, Jennifer Lawrence was a fan-favorite for the role of Gwen Stacy before Emma Stone won the role. I agree with this choice because she is a fine actress and was nominated for an Oscar at the age of 20. After seeing Terminator Salvation and Star Trek again the other day, I think Anton Yelchin would be a great Harry Osborn. As for a director, I'd say either Gary Ross (canidate for Venom, canidate for The Amazing Spider-Man, The Hunger Games), Michael Bay (I'm looking forward to seeing how he could handle a character driven piece rather than a big-budget action flick in Pain & Gain), Jon Favreau, Jonathan Liebesman (Wrath of The Titans, Ninja Turtles), Mark Steven Johnson (Daredevil: Director's Cut, Ghost Rider), and Joss Whedon

2. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not an orgin story that's for sure. Origianal story so fans don't have a bitchfest about changes.

Peter out of high school working for the Bugle. He's dating Mary Jane (no Gwen Stacy). Enemies: Sinister Six. No mention of that tired "With Great Power.." BS. No Aunt May. If studio wants an origin, it would be covered by a few lines of dailog spoken by Spiderman as simple as: Bitten by a radioactive spider gave him the powers of a spider.

3. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    -Peter is bitten by the radioactive spider....-

Peter - "Holy crap! I got bit by a radioactive spider! Maybe I'll get powers!"

Friend - "Well I dunno... is DEATH a power?"

Peter - "What do you mean? I - oh - I don't feel so good...."

-Peter vomits, shits, sneezes, coughs, and dies-

-credits roll-

4. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Josh Hutcherson is actually gaining favour in my books. And I think he'd make a pretty decent Peter. He's got the young action-man role down and his performance in The Hunger Games makes me think that he'd do fine in a character-driven drama. His audition tape makes it seem like he's playing the "gerh I'm a nerd *sniff* ...glasses... *mouth-breathing*-role up a bit, but nothing says it couldn't be toned down.

5. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

My biggest pet peeve with the 4 Spider-Man movies we've gotten (including the upcoming version) is that the costume looks like it cost $100,000. Because it did. There's no way a high school kid could whip up a costume like that. If I did a Spider-Man movie, I'd make sure that costume looked like it was put together by a kid, not a major movie studio.

6. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

Not really, I guess you're right for the one from the reboot, but a costume isn't as hard to put together as you might think. And also, I think that if a costume that looks good on screen, not something that looks like it was bought from a party shop or worse, would be better If you were to make the suit look like something a kid put together, it'd look sloppily put together. And if you think it'd suspend the audiences disbelief too much to have a teenager put this suit together, than just say they gave the costume to him when he got into wrestling (like in Ultimate Spider-Man)

7. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Origin story over and done with before the opening credits, that's for sure. It's Spider-Man's origin, even people who have never picked up a comic knows it. =\

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Have the movie go past the origin and Uncle Ben's death and instead focuses on Peter's need to continue being Spiderman.

Meanwhile Doc Ock and Electro are the main villains, with Doc Ock creating Electro as part of a group of Elemental based villains (like Sandman, Hydro-Man and Molten Man.)

9. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I don't want another origin story and a focus on a older more mature Peter (married). We wont get this because we have a youth obsessed culture.

10. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

I think it's because the older Parker is pretty boring in terms of story as opposed to the younger Parker. Teen Peter has the weight on his shoulders and burden that a normal teenager wouldn't be able to handle. He got his uncle killed because of his selfishness, and now has to balance crime fighting with a job, his family and his friends, and schoolwork.

11. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

That seems pretty impressive for an audition tape. I thought Josh Hutcherson would have made a good Spider-Man personally. Or Logan Lerman. Lerman would be my first choice actually.

I like where the upcoming movie is setting things with Peter Parker, although I don't think they need to totally revisit the origin. If anything, just a short recap at the start. Still, in high school and still somewhat starting out as Spider-Man but he'd have experience fighting crime already. Maybe not quite up to super villains yet which the movie would cover his first experience with. I'd like to have both MJ and Gwen in the film. Peter was always awkward around girls and I like the dynamic of those two liking him while Peter himself has no clue they see him as anything more than a friend. Harry Osborn would be his best friend who like Peter doesn't quite fit in at school. We wouldn't see his father in the film, but maybe mention him in passing a few times to build up the character for a sequel. Flash Thompson I'd actually like to see more to than just the stereotypical jock bully. He'd still be a jerk, but there would be more to his character than that.

The Lizard I like as a villain. He's a character that easily ties into why Peter got his powers in the first place, as he's trying to regrow his arm through genetic manipulation with lizard DNA. Maybe he used to teach at Peter's high school and is the reason the kids got to go on a field trip to his lab where Peter was bit by the spider in the first place.

I like the idea Ultimate Spider-Man had where Peter got JJJ's attention with some amateur photos of Spider-Man but ended up with a part time web design job instead.

I know with legal issues they'd never be able to do it, but I'd love some cross over references with other Marvel movies like we've seen with the films leading into the Avengers. Another idea I liked from Ultimate Spider-Man is how Oscorp was a company contracted to try and recreate the Super Soldier Serum that created Captain America. So Oscorp could be funding Dr. Connor's work which would make for a nice set up in an over-arcing plot.

12. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I have this great idea for a Spiderman 2099 movie. I could just see how it would turn out. I would make it into a trilogy. The first one would basically be an adaptation of the first few issues where Miguel O'Hara gets his powers from Alchemax and how Alchemax tries to kill him. At the end, Alchemax loses control of Venture (the cybernetic villain) and Miguel must rise to the occasion to defeat it. Venom 2099 would also be introduced but not killed. There would be two movies after that, but I'm still working on that. I don't have a specific cast in mind because I think there could be some actors I don't know about that could fit the parts well. The tone would be a mix of Blade Runner, Star Wars, and the first Iron Man movie. I think J.J. Abrams should direct, but my second choice would be Joe Carnahan (director of The Grey and The A-Team).

13. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    ... Holy shit that would have been fantastic... Seriously, Lerman definitely would have fit the part. Josh is a good actor, but I don't know if he has the right look for Peter.

14. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

Josh actually reminds me a lot of the way Spider-Man has appeared many times in the past (especially from when John Romita Jr. took over after Steve Ditko's run ended). And I know some might call me crazy when I said she'd make a good Gwen Stacy and April O' Neil, but I think Jennifer Lawrence could play a bunch of comic book characters for all I care. She's that good of an actress (and well, you know, she is kinda hot too so uh).

15. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Being a great actress doesn't necessarily mean she'll fit any part you give to her. All aspects of an actress come into play when they're screened for a role... although, I would like to see more of her for sure. Can't deny the facts. She's pretty amazing.

16. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

Although personally, she is one of my top favorite actresses next to Emma Stone (who is funny as hell). Oh and uh, my friend Ricardo found this on YouTube and dared me to post it here so, this is not my fault since he has an energon axe ready to do this to my head:

[​IMG]

Jennifer Lawrence - The Bill Engvall Show - YouTube

17. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    ... Holy mother of GOD. Oh great, I'm all twitchy now. Is she not the most perfect thing you've ever laid eyes on?

In any case, so as not to derail the thread... a 2099 Spider-man movie would be awesome. Especially since that universe is probably a but more well-known on account of the Edge of Time game.

18. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Moar Venom and symbiont!

19. super skrull

super skrull BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!!

I would do a movie base on spiderman the animated series because in this spiderman was not a boy he was a man witch means he was not always being bullied and picked on and just standing there and taking it

I wish they would do this instead of the amazing spider boy 2012 or ultimate spider boy cartoon

20. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want the villains to look like this!!

Attached Files: