Your top 5 Megatron molds

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boy Blunder, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP-05
    G1 Revoltech
    Beast Wars Reborn
    Alternity
    Animated Leader

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    01. MP-05 Megatron
    02. G1 Megatron
    03. Prime DLX Megatron
    04. DOTM Voyager Megatron
    05. G2 Megatron

3. Ømnidrive

Ømnidrive Stop.....think......fart.....and keep on going

The ones posted II have to agrre full heartedly

4. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    My top 5 are:

5: Cybertron Leader (Galvatron repaint)
    4: DOTM Voyager
    3: Animated Leader
    2: Classics Voyager (United repaint)
    1: MP-05 (top all-time favorite TF)

5. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1) Classics Voyager Megatron. About as close a G1 updating as someone without the funds for Takara product is going to get, he still manages to convey a suitable level of menace and power, and looks excellent standing with the other classics Decepticons.

2) WfC deluxe Megatron. I'm always a sucker for Cybertronian alt. modes, and though this one is more of a G1 Pretender (fold it up and all it something) style than Prime or 'bee, it still manages to look pretty awesome, and molds posability is good and just gives off a Megatron "feel."

3) Transmetal Megatron. Sadly, I only have this via the "Predacon" remold from Armada, but this is a great representation of the on-screen design and is another toy that's just "fun."

4) Cybertron Leader Megatron. The armor of Unicron thing gives Megs a really awesome look and his triple-changing alt.modes are both distinct and pretty cool (the dragster mode seems to be the "true" one, with the jet designed around that, but both are suitably large and dangerous looking). He loses some points just because sheer size makes him look strange next to guys like Thundercracker or Thunderblast.

5) G2 Tank Megatron. Nostalgia here, but this as the first Megatron toy I ever had.

6. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    5.) Energon Galvatron - I know this isn't technically a Megatron, but it was the same mold as Megatron, and to be someone who was there from the beginning, it was an awesome sight to see a toy that looked like th Galvatron we never had as kids in 86

4.) MP Megatron- This mold gets shit on way more than it deserves. Yes, it has problems, but to just leave him displayed, it's a great G1 Megatron (and until that unofficial new one comes out, the best one)

3.) G1 Megaton- a classic, and a feat of engineering.

2.) Classics Megatron- as it is, it has it's problems, but with some modding, it's a very acceptable modern Megatron

1.) Prime Voyager/Powerizer Megatron- As much as an old-school g1 guy I am , THIS is Megatron. In terms of being a great figure and looking exactly like who it is supposed to be. SOLID. Best Megatron IMO

7. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

5: Energon Voyager Megatron- Love this guys appearence in both modes and despite being smaller than the Leader Class variant is much easier to handle. Especially in Jet mode.

4: ROTF Voyager Megatron: This guy get alot of critisism but A) his better than the ROTF Leader version, and B)It's possible to get a jet mode out of him if arranged properly.
    But his ulginess which is what many hate him for is yet another thing that puts him in a my good books. Even if his Mech Alive gimmick renders his waste VERY loose.

3: DOTM Megatron: This guy just wins. Even more so if you have chains yuo can give to him as an accessory. (I find lego chains fit that purpose) Another point he gets is for being able to use Laserbeak as a back-pack. (The instructions for which I found somewhere on this site, Whoever came up with that idea, YOU ROCK.) Thsi guys definatly ranks high, but mostly because of other things that don't directly relate to him. The tarp being an exception, that is his.

2: RID: Yep, his up in this list to. I may not have messed with him for awhile but he still remains one of my favorite Megatron's of all time. Capable of assuming all 10 of Sar Robots' Devil Gigatron's In my Opinion makes him an improvement over the original Gogatron Mold. If only he was white He'd be Number One but Galvatron doesn't count.

1: . . . While not the most poseable Megatron for his size. I must give the trophy to Animated Leader Megatron. Despite his lack if deatail and instead reling on Smooth Flat Colors, (Tyipical of Animated) He wins Simply for looking like 'Battlestars- The return of Convoy' SUPER MEGATRON from the Japanese G1 line. However for those unaware of Super Megatron he make a perfectly decent G1 Megs homage. Only Real difference being that he actully has a useful alt. mode.

And Despite being the Megatron I use most often, Cybertron Megs only ranks in at 7 on my board.

8. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

Cybertron
    HenKei
    G1
    Energon
    MP

9. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

my top 5.

5.WFC Megatron
    4.DOTM Voyager Megatron
    3.TM dragon mode Megatron
    2.RID Megatron
    1.Animated Ldr Megatron

[​IMG]

10. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1.) Hemegon
    2.) Classics Voyager
    3.) Cybertron Leader
    4.) RID
    5.) WFC

11. Sinestro

Sinestro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. Animated Leader Class

2. BW Metals/Transmetal

3. G2 Hero/Archforce

4. RTS Legends

5. DOTM Voyager

12. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

Animated Leader
    United Voyager
    Generations Cybertronian
    Cybertron Galvatron (he's Megatron to me)
    Energon Leader

13. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    1) MP Megatron
    2) The Hegemon 3rd party
    3) Animated Leader Megatron (The best non-gun Megatron hands down!)
    4) G1 Megatron
    5) WfC Megatron

14. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

Based on what is displayed:

1) RID Devil Megatron
    2) Energon Ultra
    3) Cyberton Leader
    4) TM 1 & 2
    5) WFC Deluxe
    6) Classics Voyager
    7) DOTM Voyager
    8) BW Ultra
    9) Animated Leader
    10) Movie 1 & 2 Leader
    11) RTS Legends
    12) WW Titanium
    13) G2 Hero

15. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I can't even name 5!

Wfc united Megs
    United voyager megs.

16. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    1. Masterpiece MP-?? (already know the new MP design will destroy everything :) )
    2. Masterpiece MP-05
    3. Animated Leader
    4. G1
    5. Henkei Voyager (Silver repaint)

Honorable Mention
    - Revoltech
    - War for Cybertron

17. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

G1
    Henkei Classics
    Classics G2
    Armada
    War For Cybertron

Honourable mention to my first Megatron, the Actionmaster version and the first cartoon accurate bot mode.

18. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Henkei Voyager, RTS Legend, Hegemon, Prime FE Deluxe, Generations WFC.

Now that I think of it, there don't seem to be many good Megatron molds.

19. Goshjosh95

Goshjosh95 Decepticon

News Credits:
    I like these kinds of threads. Top 5 in my collection:

5. WFC Megs (United): Metallic paint job done right (compared to some of the other United figs), on a clever alt mode and sharp bot mode. Like his brutish proportions; makes him a tough-looking thug, even at a deluxe-size.

4. MP-05: Despite the common complaints (fragility, fiddly, spindly legs), this is the G1-styled, transformable Megs I always dreamed of having when I was a kid. I'm sure when Hegemon or the new masterpiece comes out, they'll replace him... But for now, I love having this menacing tyrant towering over my MP collection.

3. Beast Wars Telemocha SP-DX ultra: Love the imposing size, sculpt, proportions, gorgeously detailed paint scheme, evil smirk... Pure love. I treasure it even more than Metals Megs & transmetals 2!

2. United Megs: I actually really enjoy this modernized look (including the wings), especially the head sculpt. United has a slick paint scheme; good enough for me to replace Henkei Megs, and lead my Classics Cons.

1. Reverse Convoy / Rebirth Megatron: Convoy with a G2 Megatron tank body? OG/G1 Megs' spirit possessing said alternate-dimension Prime's body? 2 great head sculpts? Awesome sauce x1000. Love this figure. :thumb 

Honorable mentions: Bookcase G1 reissue Megs, TFA leader Megs, Armada Megs (I unapologetically love this fun figure! and his menacing proportions: giant shoulders, feet, horns)

20. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Thinking about it, I don't have all that many, and really don't like any of the movie ones too much.

1. G1, just cause of nostagia, and that fact that we as kids were able to buy this and run around with it.
    2. MP, sure it has its flaws, but I still love it.
    3. RTS Legends. Would really like to upgrade to a Takara one*.
    4. Animated Leader
    5. United (though I like the goofy Classics coloring as well)

*How the hell has no 3rd party made an upgrade kit for RTS Legends Megatron and Optimus Prime?

Honorable mention, wish I really liked ROTF Shadow Megs, cause I saw a bunch on clearance at $20 and would be hauking the hell out of that turd.