Your top 10 favorite game characters!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by batcam11, Nov 19, 2009.

1. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

One good Batman game? I loved Batman Returns and Batman and Robin on the SNES and even the Batman game on the NES. Oh and Arkham Asylum is still the best one.

2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good idea!

1. Alucard (SOTN) When he goes to the shop owner, he says "I'm interested in this." That's not something you say lightly.

2. Squall (FF8) He has a gunblade that shoots no bullets. No more is needed to be said.

3. Basch (FF12) He's Bascsh of Dal-f**king-masca.

4. Cecil (FF4) He straight tells the girls "stay here, this is a job for the sausages"

5. Solid Snake- Only character I know that gets backpain.

6. Commander Shephard- He dances with aliens in a space night club and has blue alien sex.

7. Samus- She never changes. In every game, she's the "samus" always.

8. Link- He has the easiest life anyone has ever lived. Anything that needs to be done, just press A.

9. Mario- He dreams about Ravioli!

10. Baird (Gears) In the middle of a war let's see YOU bleach your hair!

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

:lol 

EDIT: Hey Batcam, back from japan already?

4. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Other than the fact I like playing as Sub Zero, he has a ton of background to him. Part of a clan that tried to turn their warriors into cyborgs, having Scorpion try to kill him because he was tricked into believing said clan kill his family, raising an apprentice to only to have her turn on him and then be consumed by her own ice powers. And thats only up to Deadly Alliance, I havent played any of the games since that.

Pallet swap ninja yes, but he was still the first (well, besides Scorpion) and arguably the best of them.

5. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Link (Legend of Zelda)
    Crono (Chrono Trigger)
    samus (Metroid)
    Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
    Shepard (Mass Effect)
    Casey Lynch (Guitar Hero)
    Claire Redfield (Resident Evil
    Simon Belmount (Castlevania)
    Cecil (FinalFantasy IV)
    Kid (Crono Cross)

6. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

MY LIST IS FOR THE SEXIEST VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS EVER. It is right, you cannot argue with it! Enjoy my countdown.

10. The Arbiter, Halo Delicious mandibles. Also, dat voice.

9. Ghost, Modern Warfare 2 I want to make pottery with him.

8. Coach, L4D2 I would cover him in chocolate and lick it alllll off. If he didn't do it first, of course.

7. Gumshoe, Ace Attorney series I can't make a generic sexual pun about him.. I just can't. He's too adorable :( 

6. Snake, MGS3 He could boss me around any day. Ba dum chhh

5. Chris, Resident Evil I'd be his pahtnah. And the man punched a freaking boulder. So manry.

4. Price, Modern Warfare 2 The Price is right. Also, dat accent.

3. Soap, Modern Warfare 2 I would drop the soap for him. Aww yeah. Also, dat accent.

2. Altair, Assassin's Creed He could have my golden apple, if you catch my drift.

1. Wesker, Resident Evil GENERIC SEXUAL PUN. Something something saturation.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  7. McBradders

Fuck.

8. batcam11

batcam11 SHINIGAMI CHOP!!!

you know what i think i have to make it a top 11 cause Bayonetta just made it in the list

9. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

1-Commander Sheppard (Mass Effect)
    2-Captain Price (CoD4 and MW2)
    3-Mario
    4-Solid Snake(MGS)
    5-Buck(ODST)
    6-Ellis(L4D2)
    7-The Arbiter (Halo 2/3)
    8-Eddie Riggs(Brutal Legend)
    9-Sgt. Johnson (Halo)
    10-Wrex (Mass Effect)

10. OptimusGinrai

OptimusGinrai Is Not The Breakman

10- Bowser
    9- Fawful
    8- Samus
    7- Shadow
    6- Captain Falcon
    5- Dr. Robotnik
    4- Mephiles
    3- Solid Snake
    2- Mega Man X
    1- Metal Sonic

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's mine and they're pretty limited compared to you guys...guess I've got alot to catch up in terms of console gaming with you guys! :) 

1. Marshall Law (Tekken1,2,4,5 & 6)

As a fan of Bruce Lee, the above character really captures the "key essence" of the late marital artist with his fighting moves, throws and howls and shrieks. In the latest installment of the Tekken series (Tekken 6), it feels practically like playing the Mr. Lee himself! X)

2. Big Boss (MGS3)

I know that the characters of Big Boss and Solid Snake are identical...well, other than the fact that the former er, went to the "dark side" but his outing in MGS3 was epic to me. Sure MGS4's game play and mechanics were superior but I loved the "jungle environment ","Cold War" setting and the "bosses" such as "THE END"!

3. Solid Snake (MGS1 & 4)

What's there left to say about this character? Truly one of the gaming most memorable characters in our time. His adventures in MGS1 and MGS4 were epic to say the least.

4. Paul Phoenix (Tekken 1 to 6)

Another fighting game character from the Tekken 6 series. Originally a mixture of Ken and Guile (in terms of looks) but his playing style is completely different and to say unique. Players using him were accused of being cheap because of infamous "Phoenox Smasher" (d, d/f+2) but seriously, its only meant as punishment move. The inclusive of "just frame" moves, Mr. Phoenix is more respected due to the difficulty of inputting them.

5. Sonic the Hedgehog

I had such a blast playing the original Sega games...and it was going to be hard to leave him up. The hog is such a cool and fun character. Pity his transition to 3D hasn't been successful as compared to his 2D adventures.

6. Batman (Arkham Asylum)

I know he is a comic book hero but this is 1 game that finally captured the "essence" of the Dark Knight. The gadgets, the puzzle solving, the fighting (although a bit simplistic) in the game really does the character justice. He would have ranked higher if there were more games like this.

7. Cloud Strife (FFVII)

I simply had to put Cloud in because of the memorable time I had with FFVII. There's something about this character who is so bad ass and er, gentle (well to me) and cool.

8. Ryu (Street Fighter)

Heroic, cool-looking and a fighting machine...what's there not to admire about Mr. Ryu? LOL!

9. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)

Bad ass ninja with cool weapons and fighting abilities! If anyone asks me if ninjas or pirates are cooler, I would say the former because of this character!

10. Ratchet & Clank (Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty & Crack in Time)

I'm putting this 2 together because I'm having difficulty viewing these 2 separately but if given the choice, I would choose Ratchet as the game-play revolves mainly around him. I like some of the quips in his game and he seems such an "off beat" character to me! :) 

Note:

If characters such as the Snakes (duplications), Clank (considered a separate character) and Batman (comic book character) are not allowed, I would choose:

King (Tekken Series) as he reminds me of the legendary Japanese wrestler "Tiger Mask" and of the wrestling moves in the game. For a "figher", the amount of wrestling moves is insane IMO. "Sharpshooter" (Scorpion Deathlock), S.T.F, Figure Four,Giant Swing, Sweet Chin Music etc! X)

12. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Terra
    Celes
    Locke
    Sabin
    Edgar
    Shadow
    Gau
    Setzer
    Mog
    Cyan
    Leo
    Maudin
    Cid
    Gogo
    Relm
    Strago
    Sasquatch
    Kefka
    Gestahl
    Banon
    Wedge
    Biggs

13. ROTF100694

ROTF100694 Well-Known Member

In no particular order.
    1.Mario
    2.Luigi
    3.Link
    4.Samus
    5.Ridley
    6.Ganondorf
    7.Solid Snake
    8.The King of Hyrule (Zelda CD-I)
    9.King DeDeDe
    10. Skull Kid (Majora's Mask)

14. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Quoting myself again, Im such a *****. Anywho, hes why I like these guys.

1.) Sure, Mark Hammel is most known as Luke Skywalker, but to me, Hammel is Christopher Blair. He's the ace fighter pilot you play as in the video games and when I was a kid, I was inspired to be just like that guy. Plus he goes through some intense stuff, he best friend is a traitor, his lover was executed and he blows up a planet. Pretty friggen wild.

2.)J.C Denton, its kinda weird picking this guy. This is one of those games where you control that character and his dialogue, like KOTOR or Mass Effect. His voice, or at least the way he carries himself is a very serous but monotone, its kinda like hes a robot (aside from certain features) but he reminds me of Mulder from the X-Files with the way he carries himself. Plus the choices he make are pretty incredable, especially towards the end of the game. *SPOILERS* One of the endings he pretty much becomes a god.

3.)Master Cheif. So the guy hardly has any lines, but he's a man of action. He's the Captain America of the Halo universe with cool guns and armor. The novels give him some pretty cool characterization as well, he's a stubborn SOB who doesnt like to loose and always wants to win at something (like a lot of us video gamers Im sure :)  ).

4.)Max Payne. Uuuuuuh, I dunno where to go on this guy. He lives in a world very much like ours but much darker. He's a broken guy and is very messed up but goes on with it.

5.)Shodan. She's the villian of the System Shock series with no real physical body. Why does she need one anyways? She's so insane she believes that she is a cybernetic god, she's suppose to be omnipotent. Yup, this villian is an artifical intellegence (AI) that makes the game of System Shock terrifying. She constantly gloat and laugh at you and send her horrible cyber-insane-zombie... things at you, and when she aint playing around, she sends Cyber-Ninjas after you, striking from the darkness!

6.) The Silencer. I pretty much explained this guy. He's got no personality but the game world treats him as a 1 man death machine. The enemy AI will scream in terror, and others will try to compensate for their weakness buy running away and activating a mech to try to take you down (good luck on their part). Plus his armor looks friggen cool and he's got the name THE SILENCER!

7.) Kyle Katarn. He stole the 1st Death Star plans and is basically a 1 man commando. Later on, we find out his dad was buddies with a Jedi and Kyle is developing skills in the force. He hasnt had formal training as a Jedi but its do or die and he's got the force on his side! I like him mainly cause he's one of the consistant characters as far the Star Wars video games go. Plus when he does go full-Jedi status, he doesn't act like a cliche monk type Jedi.

8.)Commander Shepard. I think I explain this already but pretty much I like this guy because of the choices I have for him. I have made him out to be a type of hero I like to make in games. Usually I don't take advantage of people and help out when I can, but when I see something wicked occur, I've executed people on the spot as punishment for their horrible crimes (instead of bringing them to a trail where they might walk away).

9.)Gideon Wyeth. The game he stars in sucks, but the story is cool. Bad news is that the game was suppose to be a trilogy but there arnt gonna be any sequels out. To sum up, he has some pretty epic stuff going on the powers he acquires bring to being on the border of god-hood. Heck, a lot of the aliens worship him (not by his choice) as a god because he's a human! Humans in this world are pretty much mythlogical creatures as far as the rest of the galaxy knows.

10.)I went out on a limb here and was loosing ideas for number 10, but in each Soul Calibur game, I have always chosen Sigfried to play as. I dig knights carrying around broadswords (not spikeyhard mercs though). His story aint bad, a tale of falling and then redemption, it works out.

Sorry if its tl;dr but whatever :) .

15. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    10) The T shaped Tetris block
    9) Bob-omb
    8) Samosuke
    7) Sam Fisher (fuck Solid Snake)
    6) Desmond Miles/Altair/Ezio Auditore de Firanze
    5) Mikau
    4) Mr. Game and Watch
    3) The little guy from LodeRunner
    2) Dr. J from StarTropics
    1) The straight-line Tetris block. I score more points with that bitch...

16. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    1. Mario
    2. Luigi
    3. Nathan Drake
    4. Master Chief
    5. Samus
    6. Bowser
    7. Soap MacTavish
    8. Solid Snake
    9. Shadow the Hedgehog
    10. Princess Peach

I'm a Marios Bros. junkie. Love those games so much.

17. McBradders

I can quote myself too!

1. Tony Hawk - the greatest game character ever. A 900 Christ Air is something to behold!

2. Joe Montana - Showed us all the way forward with the absoloute pinnacle of Football games; Joe Montana's Sports Talk Football.

3. Colin McRae - Dude can sure drive a car...

4. Bruce Willis - If you can't remember how awesome his game was then kindly leave.

5. Vin Diesel - HE HAS THE BEST GAMES. The best! He can drive. See in the dark. Stab dudes. Shit, he should be number 1!

6. Freddy Mercury - The only real negative to his character is that it took the visionaries of the Lego franchise to make this happen. Gaming has arrived.

7. Kurt Kobain - looks just as natural doing the YMCA as he does mimicing Flava Flav. YEAH BOYEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

8. Ricky Gervais - People often complain that games aren't genuinely funny. GTA4 says otherwise. Another watershed industry moment.

9. Xzibit - Another strong contender for the number 1 spot, alas the Pimp my Ride games were not all they could and should have been. Still, he rocks in Riddick.

10. 50 Cent - YO BITCH, WHERE MAH SKULL!

All the other lists in this thread should be shot in to the sun. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

18. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

Mario-He jumps high for a short fat guy.
    Link from Wind Waker-He had so much character.
    Jade from Beyond Good and Evil-She's so cool.
    My female Sheppard from Mass Effect-I can't believe I made her look so hot.
    Donkey Kong-He's a lovable jerkass and an ape that throws barrels.Awesome.
    Daxter-Complete wise ass.Nuff said.
    Francis from L4D-He hates everything, except vests.
    Glados from Portal-I kinda felt bad for killing her.She was cool crazy.
    Fran from FF12-I admit it, I spent way too much time staring at her ass.
    Fred the frog from Blaster Master-Yep, I went old skool.I never did rescue him.

19. jerky123

jerky123 PSN=deadpoolistheman

News Credits:
    1. Mario
    2. Master Cheif
    3. Luigi
    4. Sonic the Hedgehog
    5. Snake