Your top 10 favorite game characters!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by batcam11, Nov 19, 2009.

1. batcam11

batcam11 SHINIGAMI CHOP!!!

this is a different kinda thread.its not about the games them self or the music.No this is about your favorite top 10 game characters of all time and you must say which game there from.(if you dont have so many,do how much you want only,till 10!)
    it can be any console,any year,any game you like so lets start,me first:

1 Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja gaiden series)
    2 Solid Snake (Metal gear series)
    3 Kirby (uhh..Kirby)
    4 King (Tekken series)
    5 Sodom (Street Fighter series,well a few)
    6 Dante (Dante's Inferno)
    7 Masterchief (Halo series)
    8 Abe (Oddworld)
    9 Simon Belmont ( Castlevania series)
    10 Rayman ( Rayman series

and now i would like to know your favorites,and you can put still a character in who is already named (and female characters are also allowed)

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. Link
    2. Dingo (ZOE 2)
    3. Kratos
    4. Dante
    5. Pit
    6. Rygar
    7. Clank
    8. Sly
    9. Me (Dragon Age)
    10. Alis Shepard

3. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. Alucard (SOTN)
    2. Squall (FF8)
    3. Basch (FF12)
    4. Cecil (FF4)
    5. Solid Snake
    6. Commander Shephard
    7. Samus
    8. Link
    9. Mario
    10. Baird (Gears)

I don't really know- that list is 10 characters from games I like, but there are so many characters it's interchangeable with about 50 more. I could have just listed the entire cast of FF6.

4. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    1. Mario
    2. Link
    3. Samus
    4. Solid Snake
    5. Master Chief
    6. Any of the main characters you play in Grand Theft Auto (I do like Niko from GTA IV the most)
    7. Rabbid (from Raving Rabbids. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!)
    8. Cloud (Final Fantasy VII)
    9. Sub-Zero
    10. Mega Man X

In no particular order.

5. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

1.) Christopher Blair (Wing Commander series)
    2.) J.C Denton (Deus Ex)
    3.) Master Cheif/John (Halo series)
    4.) Max Payne (Max Payne)
    5.) Shodan (villian of System Shock 1 & 2, she's a machine who thinks she's a god)
    6.) The Silencer (Crusader: No Remorse & Crusader: No Regret)
    7.) Kyle Katarn (Star Wars: Dark Forces series + Jedi Outcast)
    8.) Commander Shepard (Mass Effect)
    9.) Gideon Wyeth (Advent Rising)
    10.) Sigfreid (Soul Calibur series)
    ------------

I feel a little weird about picking characters like J.C Denton and Commander Shepard sense they are characters that play out depending on the choices I make, they are only developed the decisions I make, so maybe when I played through the game, I made all the choices that made me like the characters to be my top #10. One thing I know for sure about Commander Shepard though is that the way Mass Effect is played, there is no karma based on good or evil. In M.E you are still the hero in the end, but the game reflects itself based on what type of hero you are, basically a just and fair type, or one who gets what needs done and breaks the rules.

Also as far as The Silencer from the Crusader series goes, this guy has absolutely no dialogue what so ever and all he does is shoot people or explode them into horrible peices. The reason why I like him so much is the reactions he gets in the game. The enemies of the game fear him, and have to over-compensate by bringing in mechs to take him down. Also in the cutscenes, the game's give him a bit of a diabolical presence. It's like he's walking death.

EDIT: Depending on how the game goes, Ezio & Desmond from Assassins Creed 2 might become one of my top 10's.

6. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    1. Raichu (Pokemon)
    2. Metal Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
    3. Gray Fox/Cyborg Ninja (Metal Gear Solid)
    4. Kirby
    5. Link (Legend of Zelda)
    6. Sub Zero (Mortal Kombat)
    7. Yoshi
    8. Samus (Metroid)
    9. Yoshimitsu (Tekken)
    10. Abe (Oddworld)

7. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    1. Cryptosporidium 138
    2. MegaMan X
    3. Alex Mercer
    4. Link
    5. Travis Touchdown
    6. Vyse the Air Pirate
    7. Kratos
    8. Samus Aran
    9. Mario
    10. Master Chief

In no order, of course.

8. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

1. Master Chief
    2. Zelda
    3. Mario
    4. Samus
    5. Wander (Shadow of the Colossus)
    6. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
    7. Altier
    8. Banjo
    9. Rachet
    10. Commander Shepard

9. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

1 - John Shepard - ME
    2 - Ultros - ff6
    3 - Balthier and Fran - ff12
    4 - Korgan Bloodaxe - baldurs gate 2
    5 - HK47 - Kotor
    6 - Morrigan - Dragon Age

Thats about all I can come up with

10. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

Only 10? Tough Call. I'll have to limit them to 1 per series then.

10. Fox McCloud (Starfox)
    9. Magus (Chrono Trigger)
    8. Kefka (Final Fantasy 6) Evil nihilistic psycho clown. How can you not love that?
    7. Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil series)
    6. Luigi (Mario Series)
    5. Samus Aran (Metroid) When it absolutely positively has to be destroyed overnight.
    4. Knuckles the Echidna (Sonic Series) Though he just barely edges out Metal Sonic, Sonic himself, and Cream the Rabbit (What I love cute game breakers). Lots of characters in that series.
    3. Simon Belmont (Castlevania series) Sooooo many badasses in Castlevania, so I just chose the most prominent. And I mean the original Barbarian with a mullet Simon, not that emo goth raver they turned him into recently.
    2. Megaman (Megaman classic series) The classic blue guy.
    1. Link (Legend Of Zelda) Since Link is intended to become the player, is this pure egotism to put im at #1?

11. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    1. Raiden (Mortal Kombat)
    2. Batman
    3. Scorpian (MK)
    4. Sub Zero
    5. Baraka
    6. Master Chief
    7. Mario
    8. Pikachu
    9. Snake
    10. Link

12. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

1. Tony Hawk
    2. Joe Montana
    3. Colin McRae
    4. Bruce Willis
    5. Vin Diesel
    6. Freddy Mercury (Lego)
    7. Kurt Cobain
    8. Ricky Gervais
    9. Xzibit
    10. 50 Cent

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  13. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    ^LOL.

Some characters that have been picked confuse me. Sub Zero from MK? Seriously?

This would be a lot more interesting if people actually said WHY they liked these characters. What makes you like Batman? Is it because he stars in his own comic series and has a bunch of various quality films to choose from?

What makes Solid Snake stand out more than Sam Fisher? The fact that he is one of a trio of clones? Or the fact that you control him in awesome setpieces? Which means thats less the character and more the game.

So anyway, in no particular order.

1) Ken and Ryu, Street Fighter series.

These two are essentially the same character, one cannot exist without the other. Their childhood backstory, their eternal friendship and rivalry is the centre of the whole Street Fighter mythos, which makes their conversion to small time arms dealers in the Live action film all the more laughable.

2) Lara Croft, Tomb Raider series

See there are a couple of great big reasons to like this character. She has some of the greatest environments to play in, and she has actually had character development applied to her throughout the series. Sure the series had become stale by Angel or Darkness, but Tomb Raider Legend bought it all back, this is a chick you would love to be friends with, loyal to a fault, but cross her and she becomes someone you don't want to mess with.

Oh and she has big boobies. *snigger*

3) Voldo, Soul Edge/Calibur

Apart from the fact he has the same birthday as me, whats not to love about this creepy stabby gimp, who has been charged with protecting his masters treasure vault years after said masters death? In a world of carbon copy fighting games characters, this one made me sit up and go, WTF?

4) BB Hood, Darkstalkers.

Aw. She's so cute! Look at her, bouncing her little Red Riding hood self down the path into the creepy haunted woods... TO BOUNTY HUNT EVIL WITH HER BASKET OF WEAPONS. Cool.

5) Pac-man.

One of the first iconic games characters of all time. Quite simply, a mobile mouth. If you show Pac-man to virtually ANYONE, they'll know who he is. Or if they're statisticians they'll think its a pie chart.

6) Darth Revan, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

I can't say too much about this character because of spoilers, but those of you who haven't yet played this gem, do so. Then you'll know why this Bioware character is so much better than Commander Shepherd. Shepherd IMO kinda cheats a bit, because you can change his/her origin story to suit, so really, you're making your own character. Which is kinda cheating.

7) Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid
    To be fair, this one isn't the character himself, but the situations he finds himself in. Snake himself is a fairly stereotypical amalgamation of Rambo and Snake Pliskin, 'I don't want to go to war, but its in my genes.'

But this is also a man who is creative enough to hide in a box, mean enough to attack a peeing man from behind, and lechy enough to perv through air vents at hot girls working out in their underwear. Snake, I salute you.

8) Faith, Mirrors Edge.
    They could have gone down an entirely different route. In fact, the main character of ME was going to be the blond girl you throw the package to in the opening mission. But someone saw the designs for a sub character and the Faith we know got promoted.

And its not exactly the character I love either, sure she's polished and very well realised, but what makes her stand out is the things she does, from the viewpoint we see it from. Running in a game has never felt so fluid or exhilarating.

Bad guys are storming the roof, I need to get out of here. How? There's a news helicopter, but its filming the action from quite a way away... can I make that jump? So you go for it. The bad guys see you and open fire as you sprint toward the chopper, gunfire zipping around you. There's no going back, the edge of the building looms toward you, as Faith leaps into space...

Also, the fact that combat in this game is HARD and entirely not recommended means you feel the vulnerability of your character. But this was an aspect that I suspect most people just don't understand. They expect the game character to shrug off bullets and explosions like Arnie.

But in ME, you see a guy standing there with a gun? You run the hell away. Run Faith Run!

9) Sonic the Hedgehog.

The original eco warrior. Saving his woodland chums from the technological development of Dr Eggman. Who didn't marvel at his speed and fluidity? Who didn't marvel at his characterization when you stood around too long and he started tapping his foot? Compared to a certain Italian Plumber this blue Hedgehog was a revelation you marvelled at.

You didn't? Oh, you must be too young then. Get off my lawn.

10) That last Space Invader Alien.

You know the one. The last remaining alien who suddenly goes so fast the refresh of your TV can barely cope. This pesky alien, who was once part of an Armada now becomes your Nemesis. Shot after shot pass harmlessly by as this alien decends ever closer. Suddenly you realise he's practically on top of you. Next pass he'll be too low for you to bring your gun to bear.

So you grit your teeth, take a breath, feel the force, and fire. The alien casually passes your shot, descends one more level and takes out your ship. Shit.

And just like Futurama, the alien gets out of his craft, and cackles, 'Instead of shooting at where I was, you should have shot where I was going to be!' *evil cackle* [/Lurr from Omicron Persi I8]

14. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    What is wrong with Sub Zero? He's an awesome character in both the movies and especially in the games. I play Mortal Kombat all the time on my PC and I play MK VS DCU all the time on the Xbox, and I always choose him because he has the tomb stone attack which is pretty hard to escape, and he can make things freeze by just using his hands. Everything he does is awesome anyway, hes a freaking ninja!

I also chose Batman because its awesome fun to play with him in ANY game, I even love playing on him in the McDonalds crappy toy I got. Its fun using all his counter attacks and just general fighting moves in Arkham Aslyum.

And Solid Snake is fun to play as and there is nothing wrong with picking your favorite characters just because you like to play as them...

15. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    But thats why I'm asking.

Do you like playing as Batman because he's not a Games character, but a Comic and movie and TV character? Lets face it, how many decent Batman games have there actually been? One? So should he be one of your favourite games characters? Or is he a character you enjoy playing in a game?

Because in that case I really like Robocop because I loved the 80's film.

And Sub Zero is basically a pallet swap ninja, with Ice attacks. He has no personality in ANY form I've seen him in. I know this appears rich, seeing as I've picked Ken and Ryu (who started out as pallet swaps) but these guys have been refined and honed to front a games series that you couldn't imagine them not being in.

Its not a personal attack or anything, just my observations on some posts, and without some sort of explanation I can't for the life of me see why certain characters have been chosen.

Edit
    And there's nothing wrong with liking a character because you like playing as them. I myself said that about Snake and Faith.

16. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    I think sub zero is a pretty cool guy, he shoots ice from his hands and doesn't afraid of anything.

17. McBradders

Everyones list is a POS except mine.

18. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    50 cent was a wise choice.

19. McBradders

You mean Xzibit.

20. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd