Your thoughts on the show so far?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by MaxLinden, Dec 1, 2010.

1. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    To me, Prime is becoming my favorite show of them all....
    I'm starting to like it more then G1 and Beast Wars..... Which I never thought it possible in my eyes but its slowly turning in to my favorite transformers series.....
    To me so far, nothing is bad about the show and I'm in love with this new megatron..... xD

What your thoughts on the show?

2. Hyoga

Hyoga Member

I like everything except the annoying humans... It's like they are there to mess up anything possible... When I saw this show was gonna be 3D I thought of Beast wars first and I remember what a good show it was... Then When I watched this one I compared them and I see only one flaw... Humans... Other than that the show rocks...

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    It's what the movies should have been

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I feel like I've seen all this before. Not done better or worse. Just haven't been pulled in yet.

5. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I'm enjoying it very much.

Where are my damn toys?

6. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I like every character except for Miko, who is really annoying. I hope her character matures, because she is that really annoying "tough girl" stereotype.

7. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Autobots are out numbered when the Decepticons have drones.

To me it was depressing for what happened to Cliffjumper. Rising from the dead to be a mindless beast as Megatron called him.

8. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    they are waiting for october 2011 to come lol

9. beanman

beanman Not a Decepticon

News Credits:
    I'm impressed so far. Being a generation 1 fan, the voice acting pulled me in... the darker storyline has kept me interested...

10. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I am glad they got the right voices for Optimus and Megatron.

Bumblebee talking like R2D2 is just too silly. At least in Star Wars, CP3O could translate for R2D2. I don't even know if Optimus can understand what Bumblebee is saying. There is also no explanation yet why the boy can understand Bumblebee's unique language.
    Bulkhead robot seems too large bec. his vehicle mode is not that large.
    The use of the ground bridge is interesting and reminds me of the boom tube of the New Gods.

Soundwave seems to just repeat stuff like a parrot which makes Soundwave look dumb. The Ratbat detaching from the chest of Soundwave does look cool.
    The Eradicons are too dumb and are no challenge for the Autobots so the Eradicons should be eradicated from the show for good.
    The show has started with too few Decepticons.

The human cast except for Fowler have no good reason to stay on the show and I hope all those useless children die an early death.

The first story involves the zombie Terrorcons which are also of no challenge to the Autobots. I think we've all seen how easy the zombies can be shot in the head so the first story is really a disappointment. I don't know why they went with zombies for the first story. They could've at least used the fast zombies variety from 28 Days Later instead of the original slow and dumb zombies.

Inventing dark energon was also unnecessary since the people are already familiar with the similar AllSpark from the movies and Transformers Animated. Dark energon pretty much is the same as the old AllSpark even down to the creation of zombie kitchenbots. The movies and the Animated series had better uses for the AllSpark than the creation of dumb zombies so I hope we don't see any more zombies in Transformers Prime.

11. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Its a good start so far. I think the one thing i dislike the most is the sound of BB talking.

12. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I don't understand how you can decided to love or hate a series after only two episodes in a 5 part opening. And by the way sense you asked I do find it a little odd that they're opening the show this way showing the first two parts at the same time and then having to wait a week to watch the last 3, 1 part at a time. It's a little irritating, I mean there was a long break of no Transformers then we finally get 2 episodes worth and leave you with a giant cliff hanger. I kinda want to save my cliff hangers for after I've gotten into the series not right off the bat when I'm still unsure of what's going on.

I'm having trouble with the premise of this series. It's a new universe and yet so far I fell like they've stuck me in the middle of the story of some pre-existing plot line and I have no idea what it is. It's kinda like watching any of the older Transformers series, starting from season 2 and then working your way to season 3 only to suddenly realize you've completely missed season 1.

I'm sure it'll get better as the series progresses but that's how I fell about it right now.

13. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    There's no need to show how the Autobots arrived bec. most people have already seen the movies.

14. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

its interesting so far, I wouldn't give it any awards or anything, not sure I am diggin the current meta plot..
    Resident Evil Cybertronians:banghead:  all shoutin BRAINSS:eek:  well or maybe OOOOIL:tongue: .. or maybe PAARTS :lol 
    they need to put miko on some damned decaf, they blew that sterotype WAY out of proportion, suprised this chick doesn't just vibrate like Blurr she is so bloody hyper.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  15. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

One has nothing to do with the other. This isn't the movie universe they just have the same writers. Even if this was the same universe as the movie they'd have some major plot holes to fill between ROTF and Prime. Like why Arcee is not dead anymore and looks completely different. Or maybe this is set between the first two movies in which case how does Arcee break her spine and why does Optimus get this new form and then go right back to his original alt mode, same thing for Ratchet.

BTW I actually like this Ratchet more than the movie because he's more the ambulance I'm use to (white with red decals) rather than the puke green of the Movie incarnation. Plus he pointed out that humans can go squish and that's my favorite part of the series so far. :) 

16. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I love it so far, but the cliffhangers get my circuits sizzlin'! I like the humans, they are not as bad as I thought they would be, Raf is so cool! The bots are cool, and Megatron is definately badass, especially with his eyebrows :D 

17. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm starting to dig it. The story so far is ... different from what I've come to expect from Transformers on TV, but I don't think I'll be able to reflect on it for another few episodes.

I think the producers did a fantastic job with the robot character's personalities. It's as if they imported each character from various other universes and improved their strengths while decreasing their weaknesses. The supporting human characters aren't bad either, but I don't care for them as much.

Finally, I'm really enjoying the background/landscaping graphic style they're using. It might have just been the relatively low-resolution video I was watching, but it seemed to have an almost Team Fortress 2 watercolor look. It's artsy without being too detailed or distracting.

18. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Why didn't they show them coming to Earth? Same reason why movies like "The Incredible Hulk" or shows like "Wolverine & The X-Men" or "The Spectacular Spider-Man" negate the origin story or touch on it once or twice. Everyone already knows the origins. It doesn't matter who's in the cast from series to series or what caused them to come here be it ship crashing, signals, etc, it's always the same. Good and bad robots fight on their planet, good and bad robots, one way or another, end up here.

19. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I agree. It makes a change for a transformers series to hit the ground running, rather than make us watch another "pre earth" and "how we came to earth" sequence of events. I'd like to see that stuff eventually, but we'll hopefully see it through flashbacks or comics (more Cliff, yes).

And before someone says "read exodus" or "play WFC" (awesome game btw) for Primes history, I personally don't consider these as Prime canon, and I have a hunch its creators don't either.

Oh, on topic, prime is brilliant. Had goosebumps through the entire first episode.

20. Superion1701

Superion1701 Supreme Leader

I've enjoyed the show a lot more than I thought.

I like the original voices for Prime and Megatron.

I dislike the children, they are unnecessary and seem forced into the story.

Arcee needs to be objectified more!