Your thoughts on the Prime Line

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by eagc7, Jan 6, 2012.

1. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i dunno if such thread was made, thats why i made this.

what are your thoughts on the prime so far? and yours hopes for it

i myself only Have bumblebee as my dad bought him in USA last Month before returning to guatemala (toyline is not out here at the moment), but i liked Bumblebee and i am looking foward the rest of the Line (still not a fan of the other characters desings but still), i dont have alot of the line as i jsut have 1 toy, but overall i like what i have so far

your thoughts?

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm TOTALLY looking foward to the line!:D  I can't wait till it's out!:D 

3. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Oh, just wait til you get starscream...

4. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    The Prime Line:
    It's freakin' awesome and my wallet hates it.

5. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I like what I've own and seen so far.

6. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    amazing so far! iv got the first 3 deluxes
    i want cliff jumper NOW!

7. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

To sum it up:HASBRO TAKE MY MONEY!

I have screamer and bee so far and damn i love it.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of the figures I got, I'm mostly disappointed. Only one that completely lives up the hype is Starscream. I don't have Bulkhead yet. I thought Arcee would be good but a bunch of small things made me not like it. Bumblebee just sucks. Optimus Prime is okay, second best compared to Starscream. Vehicon has an ugly kibble butflap. Plus, the newer molds of Bumblebee and Cliffjumper look worse.

Honestly, the only figures im legitimately excited for right now are some more Generations toys and 3rd party.

9. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wants 3rd Party Knock Out

Alot better than expected. ALOT better. Almost as faithful to the character art as Animated.

10. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

I got Bulkhead. And I must say, he's an awesome toy. A little tricky to transform but not too difficult once you get the hang of it.

11. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    If you liked Bumblebee, you'll probably love the rest of the line. Bumblebee is, IMHO, one of the weaker releases.

Most of the line has impressed me. Refreshingly unhampered by gimmicks, the first two Voyagers out of the gate are very strong, clean designs, and the Deluxes are are surprisingly good (Even as the 'weakest', Bumblebee is still a good toy). The line feels like it blends the best of Animated and Classics engineering and design, with the movie aesthetic (But not engineering) blended in.

I'm looking forward to more Voyagers, especially Megatron.

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    All I have is Bumblebee. He's good, but not great. Still trying to find Arcee. Can't wait to see Bulkhead, voy Prime, Cliffjumper, and Vehicon. Passing on deluxes Starscream, Optimus, and Megatron in favor of the voyagers.

13. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

I only have Prime, and will be sticking with only Prime, but I have to say if the rest of the figures are half as good, the line will be really successful. Prime takes the screen accuracy of Animated and ramps it up to 11. The articulation is all really well implemented and the look of the figure is just amazing. The transformation is really well done, and once you know how the arms arrange, it's simple as pie. In fact, I transformed him this very morning in under a minute after not touching him since I got him.

The rest of the figures released so far look really good and normally I'd be tempted to get them, however I'm getting out of actively collecting toys. Plus, I think Animated really hit the sweet spot for me and as such, it was the last TF line I went large on before switching to other toy lines. I really don't want to start an entirely new TF line all over again just to end up with pretty much the same characters, especially when I prefer of them in the previous show-related line.

14. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I only have Arcee, and she's great! I'm saving my money right now, and I can't find any of the other first ed. toys I'm interested in.

15. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

My greatest hope for the line is to be able to find it in stores. I found a Bumblebee once, just one Bumblebee, and I went ahead and bought it. Seen nothing at all since then.

16. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    So far pretty darned good. The only thing I wish was that they had 5mm peg hands. The whole "human hands" shit just just poop to me.

So far I've got Arcee BB SS, but big Bulkhead is in the mail on it's way, and I'm freaking out to get that one!

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

My first thought is I'd like to be able to actually find the figures for sell on the shelf somewhere without having to drive 40 miles to see if any are in stock.

Then I think about the potential of the line since a small cast means toy line only characters will have to be used to fill up some wave slots.

But then I worry about the bad track record with getting full teams from Hasbro so I'm waiting for something to screw up and end up characters short of a full Autobot or Decepticon team.

18. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have voyager and deluxe prime, deluxe megatron, deluxe arcee, bumblebee, cliffjumper, and starscream, and bulkhead,

imo arcee is the weakest, the bike mode is too wide, and the bot mode too kibbly.

bulkhead is one of the best, everything pegs in securely in both modes, and he's a fun toy. voyager prime is great too.

starscream and megatron are awesome, both just ooze character and i can't ait for their respective voyagers as well

cliffjumper is perfect. the transformation and car mode are great, and the built in blasters are a nice touch

i originally was going to get bulkhead and wheeljack, but think i'll just keep buying them all lol

19. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Only have arcee, bee, ss so far but love the figures. Can't wait for the rest to come out.

20. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

I want them ALL!!!!