Your thoughts on the new timeslot for Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Aug 22, 2012.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It's a bit of a shock that the timeslot for Prime is now back on Fridays again. I like it because now you can see the episode a day early again. However I've heard talk about how it can put the show at risk of being canceled. Personally I'm not sure that'll happen. I mean Prime's the flagship show for the Hub and I doubt that it'll just let Prime go off the air like that not when they need the show to back them up until Tf4 arrives. It's not like it's on Cartoon Network where it does put thier shows into horrible timeslots.

So what do you think? What are your personal thoughts?

2. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    It won't be cancelled, at least until season 3 is done

3. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, since it was originally on Fridays (or so I heard), I think it's a nice return to the norm. Now instead of waiting for Saturday nights, people can have the eps online by Friday night-Saturday morning...nothing but good stuff here.

As for the friday slot thing, people have mentioned it before and I must second the opinion. Friday= Death slot for shows only really works with dramas and aadult television. With prime, a show aimed more at a younger group of people, they are usually home on fridays and being the last day of school for the week, will prob stay home to watch it. Besides, Fridays is a good day for animation based shows, I hear anyways. If it moved to Thursday or something weird like that, then you should be worried--

but on the final hand, Hub=Hasbro=TF, right? So PRIME should be safe regardless?

4. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

I remember when Smallville and Supernatural were put on friday nights and that was considered the green mile for tv shows, but Smallville went on to finish a 10 year run and Supernatural has an 8th season and very likely 9th season after.

So no I am not worried.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know shit about TV, that's why I don't work for any channel, all I know is that watching Friday night is faster than Saturday night so yay!

6. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

I'm not pissed about it, but I'm a little disappointed. Friday night's normally the night I go hit the bars and catch a buzz-on!

I liked it being on Saturday nights, because I'm normally just laying around - recovering from Friday night!:D 

Ehhh, if I miss it Friday night I'll probably just catch it mid-day Sunday. They normally replay it somewhere around there...

7. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed, I just wish they stop changing times.

8. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Friday seems like the best day for cartoons. The kids will be home to watch it and not have to worry about homework the next day.

I remember not being allowed to watch TV Mon-Thurs as a kid, so I'd like to think that Friday is probably one of the better days to watch TV for kids, especially if their parents/guardians did the same thing my parents did.

As for the other age groups outside of Prime's age target, Friday is still a good day to catch it and one will have the whole weekend to watch it online rather than just Sunday, where many might have all-day commitments.

9. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Yeah, if anything, monday-thursday seem like the shit days for kids shows to be on, especially these days with parents being so anal & over protective.

10. Avengers

Avengers Banned

As long as I get to see the newer episodes. I could care less what day and time they air.

The Prime show is in no danger of getting canceled. It exist to sell toys in stores.

11. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

what time PST on fridays

12. jazzgirl84

jazzgirl84 Mini-bot

I hate it! I work from 4pm to 3am on Fridays! Saturdays were perfect for me! Guess I'll be watching online for now.

13. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I don't think the Friday death slot really applies to shows like this. If that were the case, Clone Wars would have been cancelled by now.

14. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Yeah, what season is clone wars on now? 5? 6?
    This show will last AT LEAST as long as G1, the toys sell well to their target audience, and thats the whole purpose, if the toys stop selling, show stops airing.

15. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Clone Wars is now entering it's 5th season, I believe. Also agree with the rest of this statement.

16. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    96 episodes of prime AT LEAST? =P mmm, bring it on!

17. Avengers

Avengers Banned

The newer Prime episode that airs on Fridays. will re-run on saturdays. The Hub re-runs all Prime Episodes Seven days a week.

Fridays is a better day to show newer episodes. Because people do stuff on the weekends.

ABC created TGIF in the 1950's. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TGIF_(ABC)
    TGIF lasted until the year 2000. TGIF got block buster ratings thru it's run.

18. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    I'm very glad it's back on Friday's, works fine for me, but as I said earlier, if it were still on Saturday, I'd be there to watch live or record.....:popcorn 

Which brings up the fact that there's this little invention called a DVR and even if you can't be around to watch live, you'll still be able to have it ready for viewing at your convenience. While sadly, not everybody has that option, I think many broadcast channels have accepted that it's become a way of life now, even Neilsen Ratings and TV Guide posts their top 10 or 20 shows with live viewers and now are adding the DVR recordings to their total numbers for ratings. So if they're worried about ratings, based on viewership, they should remain the same or better.

For those who can't view the series any other way but youtube or downloads, I would imagine it really doesn't matter if it's Friday or Sat., they're probably better off with a Friday airing, that way those waiting on uploads should be able to view on Sat. instead of having to wait until Sunday. :thumb 

Someone mentioned the repeat airings...I noticed based on my listings Hurt will air several times on Friday and once on Saturday. :thumb 

All times are CENTRAL time zone..

Friday: 6:00pm
    6:30pm
    10:00 pm
    10:30 pm

Sat: 2:30 pm

The next time it airs is on Thurs. 8/30
    6:00 pm

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  19. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    I'm actually very happy that the day has changed to Fridays (Saturdays). It just means I don't have to wait until Sunday (Saturday for Americans) to download the fraggin' episodes!

20. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I don't mind at all. Friday is my favourite day anyway :D