Your Thoughts on the Movie Trilogy beign Asia Exclusive news?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by eagc7, Feb 11, 2012.

1. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

There will be no Wheeljack and Soundwave released here in the U.S. They will be Asia-exclusives.

2. NEST SOLDIER

Does anyone know where Brian Goldner lives? I think he needs to receive some fan mail.

3. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

I am not mad at Hasbro for getting us excited about toys we aren't getting locally. These toys had to have been marketed to the brick and mortar stores at or around the same time we as fans saw them. Personally, I think that these were probably ordered, but as wave after wave of deluxes where half the box was bumblebee, the movie toys were harder and harder to move. If I was to go to any store selling dotm deluxes I would find multiples of at least 2 versions of bumblebee and little else. This is where Hasbro failed with their distribution, but the b&m stores also failed by over ordering the first waves. Perhaps Hasbro didn't start the next waves in a timely manner so that they would have different toys filling their shelves with each restock.
    I don't believe Hasbro intended to cancel the movie lines the way they did. I spoke to our local Hasbro vendor at toysrus shortly before Christmas and he told me more movie toys would be hitting the shelves early this year (including mirage ) and I don't believe he would have intentionally lied. What would be the point?

So to sum up after a long rant blame the perceived importance of bumblebee and the imperfect marketing strategies. Now to decide whether to pay the price for a takara HA Soundwave.

4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Havent seen actual news of these two being cancelled yet, just that we are not getting the allstar/trillogy line. The original Wheeljack/Soundwave are suppost to be part of DOTM so there is always a chance that we still get them here. All that was said (unless I missed something) is that we are not getting the trillogy/allstar line. I think we are all just assuming that the rest of DOTM is cancelled as well.

5. NEST SOLDIER

You talked to a Hasbro rep who said Mirage was coming out? A deluxe Mirage from DOTM? Where was this?

6. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We are assuming.

But I should remind people they told us last year at SDCC that DOTM would end by about november of 2011. There's been about 6 months of people rationalizing how that wasn't really what they meant- but I think any real hope of anything else being the case died today.

Only question now is will there be any new molds in the Asia line (I really doubt there will be- but that's still unknown. But how often does Hasbro show repaints for a new line when they have exciting new toys they could be showing?).

7. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Whoa whoa whoa. Who said the rest of the movie stuff is Asia only exactly? I've apparently missed something. If that's the case, why is it not front paged?

8. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's buried in the transcript from the Hasbro panel. Unfortunately there's a always a flood of news toyfair weekend. Even if you pick through the news feeds yourself it's still easy to miss something. DOTM stuff is no longer the hot story. :( 

9. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    And this is absolutely confirmed? Or just rumor? If this shit is fo' realz, Ima go bust down Hasbro's doors and give them a good helping of my foot in their asses. I want to complete. My. Movie. Collection.

10. barrelks

News Credits:
    People are jumping to conclusions. Only thing that was reported from the boardie at the panel was:
    "Movie Trilogy - Asia Only"

"Movie Trilogy Prime - in USA"

And when someone asked "any word on DOTM Deluxe and HA Soundwave and Wheeljack/Que" the attendee said "no"

So, being as the original Soundwave and Que are not part of the trilogy line, but rather the last wave of the DOTM line, who knows right now. I ordered my Deluxe Soundwave to be on the safe side, and if I have funds will order HA Soundwave, but as far as I have seen, Target's upcoming reset (end of the month) still keeps the movie deluxes around, just not the HAs. It is concerning that they havent shown up yet, but until we get word, I wouldn't go as far as to say the original releases of any of these planned for the DOTM line have been cancelled.

11. NEST SOLDIER

Okay, I was told that the DOTM line was officially cancelled. That's why I said what I did.

12. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The cars section at the stores in my area are packed with Lightning McQueens does that mean Disney over estimated the importance of that character. Not really, cause what they're doing is making sure there will always be a Mcqueen on the shelves, just as Hasbro does with Bumblebee.

13. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    ill still hold out my hopes for a HA Topspin, and Deluxe Soundwave being released here

if I cant get SW and Que here ill just find em for a decent price and get em there, hell I still gotta get Darksteel, Air Raid and Armor Topspin

14. Godzilla Ranger

Godzilla Ranger AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Maybe they can sell the remaining figures as gift shop exclusives at the ride in Universal Studios Hollywood.

15. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    So that Movie Franchise that made a Billion Dollars apparently can't sell toys any more then. Unless they are 2" tall and contain springs and make no overt mention of the Movie Universe whatsoever.

16. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

I panicked and bought HA Soundwave for $70 today. If It turns out I dislike it, I'll sell it for $35 here. Make the proceeds go to Dlx Leadfoot. If I don't like that one, I'll sell it for $20.

Who's with me? I do this a lot with TFs. They're experimental most of the time. I keep most of what I buy, but I've been known to get rid of TFs once I get them. Anyone interested? Just don't count on it, but do ask.

17. barrelks

News Credits:
    Sounds like me and my stock trades a while back. Im with ya brotha (except the selling part). I had a Deluxe Leadfoot on preorder from BBTS a while back that came in, and purchased Deluxe Soundwave today. I gotta fund my Botcon fund a little more before thinking of dropping $70 on HA Soundwave, but he is going to be in the near future.

18. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why sell it for 35? You paid 70 for it (which seems to be good even in terms of the inflated market price), so I think you should at least try & sell it for that amount first, especially considering the disappointment you went though during the experience. I mean, I could understand something that you've had for a little while because there's actually a period of ownership to account for the price drop (and where selling it at a lower price is done so for the sake of putting it toward something new), but this would just seem like a loss on your part.

Like, this isn't to say that I'd turn down a 35 dollar HA Soundwave (in fact I'd jump on it), but you know.

19. AMG

AMG Old School

I just want a DotM leader class Megatron. That's all I want.

20. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think I just figured something out! "Movie Trilogy" might be Asia exclusive, but I'm willing to bet that the same figures from that line will be released in other countries under the "All Stars" title! *crosses fingers*