Your Thoughts on the Movie Trilogy beign Asia Exclusive news?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by eagc7, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I'll go back and catch up on figures from '07 and ROTF that I missed.

I'll save more money, because my primary focus has been the movie line, as the 07 movie introduced me to Transformers and I'm a fan of the aesthetic.

As far as the unreleased figures go, I wanted HA Soundwave because I'm a huge HA collector and it's been my favorite line since it began. But I don't care about Que, nor was I a fan of the deluxe Soundwave mold. I would have liked a Mirage, but I'm not too aggravated over it.

I've branched out beyond the movies, but only to an extent. I like some Generations/classics, have a Grimlock collection, and look forward to FOC, but I limit myself with those lines because the movie stuff has always been more my thing.

While I'm fan of TF: Prime the series, I can't say I'm a fan of the mainline toys (RID). I think it looks too cheap and gimmicky and can't justify spending my money on it. I'll get Prime characters in Cyberverse only.

2. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

...eh.

My only disappointment is Deluxe Leadfoot, because it's the only movie Wrecker I care about, and Target refuses to put the HA Leadfoot on clearance.

3. Will Trans

Will Trans Well-Known Member

Let's not speak for everyone shall we?

Personally I'm very disappointed. To me it's just bizarre to release such a line in just that region, did it do a lot more successfully there than in the United States or something? I just started collecting Transformers with the DoTM line and for the most part I've liked most of the ones that I have. I REALLY wanted to round out the collection with the ones that weren't released stateside (Deluxe Soundwave, Que, Leadfoot) along with ones I would have wanted (Weaponized Deluxe Roadbuster, Dino) so I definitely feel soured on the line now.

I don't know if the performance of the DoTM figures in the US are the reason why we're not getting the Trilogy line here but where I live it's been selling slowly but surely so it's not like every store here is stuck with a surplus of them. I'll see if writing to Hasbro will do anything (I doubt it but it's worth a try) so I just hope that at some point in the future they can release them in some other TF3 movie wave.

Otherwise I might have to import some of the Trilogy stuff from Asia provided the prices aren't TOO crazy. Gah, this sucks!

4. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sorry, wasn't intending it that way.
    Most of the reviews for these figures were about half and half with people liking them, so not having them released in the US wouldn't affect as many collectors as not getting the latest Universe line would.

5. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The 07 line was very nice. Except for a couple parts, very gimmicky-less. The non-movie toys were the best also.

6. Will Trans

S'okay.

The DOTM line has had a mixed reaction but I really liked them and I do think that there's a good contingent of people who did enjoy them and wanted to see the line completed (or close to completed) at least. I'm not at all interested in the Prime stuff so while everyone's all going crazy about the Prime stuff and moving on to that bandwagon I feel like as a fan of the movie line I've been left high and dry.

Granted, I really enjoy all of the DOTM figures that I have one way or another so I'm not ungrateful for what I have but I definitely wanted to buy the other figures. I dunno, it just seems odd that they would announce this last little wave and then withhold a wave given that they have the molds for them and distributed them in other parts of the world already.

7. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    After this, I can expect anything from Hasbro....What is wrong with them and their decision making? I loved the movies which is why i actually started collecting figures in general....im moving on, VERY disappointed, to other toylines ...thanks Hasbro, for not making an effort to take more money from me, lol....DC Direct, on the other hand, doesnt have to do anything else.....thats where Im at...take care Hasbro....hopefully by the time TF4 is out....your leader class scale wont become voyager class size, and your voyager class to deluxe class and your deluxe class, cyberverse? lol....then you wonder why they dont sell among other things...

8. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Well, I want Hasbro to know how truly pissed I am, because I sincerely wanted Wheeljack and Mirage. They really screwed us all on these figures. Moreover, if they can make a cyberverse Mirage, then why not a deluxe mold as well?

HEY HASBRO, WHAT THE FLIP?????????????????

9. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

YAAAAYYY BOTSHOTS OMFG THEY ARE SOOOO MUCH BETTER

*is really having an episode due to these last couple of hours*

And all those goddamn Bumblebees... They make me MADURGGH.

10. Will Trans

Is there some sort of way that Hasbro can distribute these without doing a mass distribution on the level of the DOTM line?

Like can they take in a certain amount of pre-orders to gauge interest in this last wave and if it hits a certain demand # they release them to the pre-order customers in a limited run? It's either that or bring these figs to cons like NYCC, SDCC, or whatever con they feel will get the most customers looking for them. Outside of that I can't think of a better way to release them unless they wait until the Prime fervor dies down and they release them as a separate special wave.

It seems like this DOTM wave just became a victim of time and circumstance due to the movie stuff perhaps sticking around too long in stores coupled with the Transformers Prime stuff being pushed heavily right now.

11. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't really care. I'm just done with movieverse toys now. I might get Deluxe Leadfoot, but otherwise, everything is a pass. I want to move on to Prime and Classics.

12. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    The only way I will really be disapointed is if this trilogy/allstar line has new molds in it, or carries the non-retool versions of Q and Soundwave. If it is just repacks of previous movie lines with slightly different paint apps, I can do without it. Hell, there arn't many non-screen movie toys that I buy, so I am alright with that too. Now if they get a huge release of already produced molds like Soundwave and Q, or new molds like HA Topspin, and Dino, Brains, god forbid a new Leader class, I will be a bit more hurt, specifically in the wallet. But at the end of the day, as long as I have some kind of access to them (albiet at a bit higher price), as long as I can budget for the ones I want, I will be happy that they are just made. Can't really blame retailers if they didn't want to carry the trillogy toys with the half-ass stuff we got for DOTM.

I just comes down to the fact that I want a complete mainline movie cast in toy form at some point.

13. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am sorry, but where was this announced?

14. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not the third movie. The line felt arbitrary in most spots and, if Hasbro ultimately does not act on it, missed a good 1/4 of the characters in the movie. Coming off the highly extensive ROTF/HFTD line, it felt underwhelming. And it's not like DOTM was hindering Prime and Generations shelf space in 2011- there were none; in fact, there was just about nothing new for any TF toyline for the entire latter half of 2011.

15. zannus

zannus Well-Known Member

I really wanted Leadfoot, Soundwave, and Wheeljack so I am not happy.

16. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

I am so fucking pissed off!!!!!

17. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

The line didnt even last as long as the last 2 and now they pull this BS off?!?!?
    FUCK YOU HASBRO!!

18. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm really disappointed. All the toy fair news makes the announcements at last years Botcon completely worthless.

19. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ No kidding. If you'd told me at any point that a domestic Transformers film would come out with Soundwave as a major villain and yet a Deluxe of him would never see the light of day, I'd have laughed in your face and called you a fool.

Let's see...from last BotCon, Twin Twist and Leadfoot two-pack turned out to be fictional, along with Leadfoot himself in the US. Only three of the 2011 Prime figures saw US release out of ten shown (thirteen of you count the kids). So eight non-Kre-O 2011 products were never-shows out of seventeen such items advertised...nearly half!

20. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Asia exclusive-

I'd care a lot more if there was any evidence it was going to be anything more than a short run of half assed repaints (which I've been suspicious of since they first showed them last year).

Hasbro has pretty much treated DOTM like a joke right out of the gate.

Every DOTM toy I actually have on display has been heavily painted/reworked by myself or somebody else. Out of the box these things just didn't measure up to ROTF (and I wanted more out those than I got a lot of the time).