Your Thoughts on the Future of Bruce Wayne

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by OmegaScourge, Apr 18, 2010.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

So what does everyone think will happen to Bruce Wayne when he returns?

My take: he takes on another role and lets Dick stays as Batman...

Reasoning: Captain America. We get the supposedly Bruce died (Cap is shot and killed when actually it wasnt him)...we get the travel through time (Captain America: Reborn)...we get someone taking his role as he's supposedly dead (Bucky takes over the CA role).

but as for the role Bruce would take over, i dont know. DC doesnt have a SHIELD like team.

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I think it would be interesting if both of them were Batman at the same time.

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I hope Dick goes back to being Nightwing and Bruce as Batman. I am still holding out hope for Steve to return to his role as Captain America as well though.

4. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

I agree that he'll continue to let Dick be Batman, but at some point I think he might try to play good father to Damian and/or Tim to make up for lost time. It won't be long before he ends up in some heroic role in some form or another--and there's the fact Hush is running around with his face still.

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah... i'm curious to see how it all plays out... but Bruce and Dick both being batman could be interesting... have multiple batmans out there...

6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally I hate dick as batman. Dick does not have a personality that is worthy of the mantle of the bat. He just doesn't have the personality for it. Since dick has taken over batman just doesnt feel important anymore.
    Bruce Wayne became batman the day his parents died. Nobody else can be batman. The core of the character is so wrapped up in what Bruce went through and how he sees the world nobody can take his place. They can only carry on his legacy
    I still like grayson but he is his own man. Dc needs to let him be himself

7. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Of course Bruce Wayne will become Batman again & Steve Rogers will be Cap again by the time their next movies come out. Marvel & DC will want them in place for any new readers the movies get.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Dick Grayson has never been more than "substitute Batman", really I wish he could have stayed in the role a bit longer, he's barely had any time to be Batman.

I'd like something like Prodigal once Bruce comes back - leaves Dick in charge while he gets over the psychology of what he went through. It at least gives Dick a little more time to be Batman before moving on to his next role. Nightwing's currently taken though so I wonder what he'll be. Probably Nightwing as the other guy looks like he'll be vacating the role very shortly.

9. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THere is another Nightwing?

10. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

See Superman titles.

11. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

The Superman Nightwing only served as Dick's inspiration for the name. The current Kryptonian Nightwing has nothing to do with Dick's Nightwing.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Same. I just like them better as that.

Not that something different wouldn't be interesting.

13. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

I'd like to see Bruce take the 'Alfred' role and let Dick stay as Batman......Just please bring back Tim as Robin and get Damien off the streets before he becomes the next Jason Todd.

14. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, i'm not sure what they'll do with Tim... but i doubt he'll go back to being Robin... and Damien definitely could be really cool if they actually use him right... but they gotta age him just a tad and have him not be such a little shit...

15. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I see Bruce taking a break and trying to put his life back together. He trusts Dick enough to be Batman for awhile, so there's no real rush to take the mantle back. I see him trying to get through to Damien. I see something big happening that will force Bruce to become Batman again. I think it would be pretty cool to see a couple of issues with two Batmen working together.

As much as I dislike the name "Red Robin," I don't see anything else for Tim to do. I can't see anyone else as Nightwing but Dick and I can't really see Tim going back to being Robin.

If it were up to me, I'd erase every reference to Damien. I wish he never existed.

16. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

Dick has said it recently, i forget which batbook, that when they find Bruce, he WILL go back to being Nightwing. He never liked being Batman the first time, and i for one am hoping he goes back to being Nightwing. He's to much of a friendly guy to be Bats for too long.

Oh how i hope for the day i get my Nightwing book back!

17. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I thought I remembered Dick saying something similar to that as well.

And an after note aren't there 2 The Atoms? Palmer and Choi?

18. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Exactly. Dick has never wanted to be Batman for a long time, now. He forged his own path and frankly, Bruce has gotten better at raising kids after Dick.

I see Bruce taking a break, then Bruce goes back to Batman, Dick to Nightwing, Tim stays as Red Robin with Bruce still grooming him to take over the mantle one day, and Damien staying as Robin because the little psycho needs a really short leash.

And Douche Robin...who cares?

- Coeloptera

19. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

It's been hinted at that Dick may become a different hero eventually, but I don't know how that would work. Personally, I'd like to see Bruce come back and try to be a father to Damien. Let them become close and Damien actually open up and they form a close bond. Then kill Damien, pushing Bruce back into the role of the Batman and also getting rid of Damien.

20. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i'd love to see two batmen working together... it would put that old feel of batman back in, that he's an urban myth and not someone everyone knows about... and having multiple batmen would make that happen pretty easily... I think Dick won't be nightwing... but he may take a new role...

dick is too nice, that's for sure, but he's been getting darker lately... which works well, IMHO...

Maybe Dick will die soon? we know he was scheduled to die in Infinite Crisis... so maybe his time has come? that could be an event to lead Bruce back to being batman...

but i doubt Dick will die just yet... i think he'll just move on to his own thing... and Tim will keep getting groomed to become batman, because he'll be a better batman then Dick could ever be...