your thoughts on Rescue Bots taking place on Prime continuty?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by eagc7, Jan 14, 2012.

?

thoughts?

1. I am Happy, gives more stories to tell on the Prime canon

35.7%
  2. There is no way it can be Canon!.

42.9%
  3. i havent seen the shows, so i dont care at all

14.3%
  4. i havent seen the shows, but i thinks its a cool idea

7.1%
  1. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    as u may know Rescue bots have been said to be part of the Aligned Franchise (aka the WFC/Exodus/Prime/Exiles/FOC Continuty), so i was wondering what ur thoughts on this

as i havent seen the shows, i dont really care, but despite that i am fine with it beign part of the aligned continuty

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I still can't see how Rescue bots can even fit in the timeline. However if there's a good explanation that's not shoehorned for the fun of it I'll be impressed and believe them.

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Do we know it? I hadn't heard anything beyond speculation.

But honestly, I don't care. It's as easily ignorable as anything else. And none of the other supposed "aligned" projects really mesh together anyway. Everyone can take or leave whichever ones they like.

4. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love the idea and I hope it leads to good stories.

5. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Hasbro said that any new tf stories starting with WFC (not including stories that have been part of older continutys) will be part of one single continuty, thus making Rescue bots and any possible future cartoon/games/books part of the same continuty

6. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    I think Rescue Bots could easily be a part of the Prime universe. These bots are on the other side of the US from the bots in Jasper, and they're not there to fight, but rather maybe to help humans get slowly get used to seeing giant robots (and to later find out their aliens) so maybe it won't be such a surprise when the world does come out.

"Wow they're aliens? And yet, this whole time, they've been trying to help out humans, saving lifes and such, so they must be good aliens." Or something like that.

Optimus in the first ep didn't want the RB to be part of the battle, so that's why they're separated from the other bots. But I'll admit, if they did somehow show up in the Prime cartoon, I think they'd be pretty awesome looking.

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    That still seems vague like they could back out of it if they want. I think Rescue Bots will run for a little while, quietly fall off the air and be pretty quickly ignored and forgotten, as soon as the current crop of kids in their target demographic grows out of it. And kids in the super-young demographic grow out of stuff fast. I don't think Rescue Bots is going to be the next Go, Diego, Go or Thomas the Train or whatever.

8. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

This. The only problem is that Hasbro's letting them do what they want so one show might have the Bots get revealed to the world while the other doesn't. But until that happens, I'm happy.

9. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    I think it does take place in the Prime universe, but in the future- maybe thirty or forty years ahead, which would allow the belief of such advanced technologies as transforming robots built by the government and jetpacks, but not be too far ahead so as to allow for the duster-ish police car the Chief's driving at first.

10. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Aligned-schmaligned.

It's not as if the aligned continuity actually means anything.

11. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't want RB to be forcefully fitted into Aligned Continuity. RB is RB, and Prime is Prime.
    But I will be happy if Prime and RB are nicely fitted into same continuity.

12. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

The toys are not a proper Transformers line, but a sub-line of the Hasbro-owned "Rescue Heroes" brand from Fisher Price, which was recently expanded into the Fisher Price "Heroverse" which includes not only Rescue Heroes versions of the Transformers, but also versions of D.C. Universe characters. As such, I'm pretty confident that Rescue Bots is immune from inclusion in the Aligned Continuity, due to explicit inclusion in another universe..

13. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rescue Bots does seem to rather go out of its way to implicitly explain WHY it can be part of the greater Aligned concept. Why don't the characters interact with the larger Prime cast? Because they live on a faraway island. How can they perform public acts of heroism if humankind at large doesn't know about Transformers? They have a public cover story about being advanced human-built technology. Advanced technology? But the Prime world doesn't have anything like that, how does that work? The island is a government testing ground for new technologies. All these little facts are built into the basic premise of Rescue Heroes, but if it existed in isolation, there would be no NEED for them - they could happily be robots doing their thing out there in an super-tech future world, not aliens living in secret on a unique island, with no real differences. These things seem to exist to explain how it can work in continuity with Prime.

14. flamepanther

...besides maybe to allow kids to believe the Heroverse could be in OUR universe and WE wouldn't know about it? That's not an unprecedented story device. Also, many childrens' shows are set in small, isolated locations in order to explain the small cast and to keep things simple. Examples: Bob the Builder, Neighborhood of Makebelieve, etc. It's a device as old as the Hundred Acre Wood.

Or maybe they just want to let fans have it either way they want it.

15. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    Where is the "I don't care" option?

16. flamepanther

Uh, second up from the bottom?

17. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Optimus does seem to make a comment on "Young of Earth" or something like that.

18. flamepanther

Which implies..? I'm not being snarky, I just don't follow you here. I'm curious what you mean, help us out some.

19. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Jack, Raf and Miko. Well I think he was reffering to them.

20. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He remarks that the young of Earth make the best allies. Implying he's got some of his own. Which he does, in Prime.