Your thoughts on Hasbro UK

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wars, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    So heres the idea behind this thread. I was thinking to myself one day about how I feel about Hasbro UK, and I thought I would ask all those who live in the UK and Ireland how they feel about Hasbro UK.

So, I share with you my thoughts on Hasbro. Personally, like many, I'm not too fond of the fact that they seem to cancel everything after a certain amount of time. To my recollection, Generations has been the worst so far. We've seen nothing in general toy stores or anywhere else to my recollection past wave two. Seriously? Why cancel after only two waves. What makes it even worse is the fact that some of the best toys in the line were released after this wave.

And, as a young teenager who has parents without credit cards or anything like that, I'm unable to import from even places like Amazon UK or Kapow-Toys, which means I'm depending on Hasbro UK and whatever they release.

However, on a good note, because of all the limited releases, and the common dry spells in the UK and Ireland, it means I have a chance to catch up on whatever has been released, especially seeing as how I have no permanent source of income, I cant buy all the new releases at once. So, as I say, I can pick up the stuff I want that I missed out on when it originally came out during the dry spells we have.

So, those are just my thoughts. Share your comments, critiques and opinions, good and bad. on Hasbro UK and we can all discuss them together. I imagine this thread will mainly be composed of comments by members from the UK and Ireland, but I'm sure anyone who's had experiences with Hasbro UK can join in too.

2. MegaPaultron

MegaPaultron Well-Known Member

Hasbro have been seriously lax lustre over the last few years and I agree to cancel near enough everything and fall behind on supply and demand is rather alarming not a lot of stores supply a lot of things and they are a bit slow Hasbro on releasing new things I have found that the only recent release is "War in Space" Rodimus and Cyclonus double pack that has caught my eye.

As a Transfan in the UK I feel that I am shortchanged when the only decent things I can pick up are through swaps and online auctions/sales on the Junkion Exchange in fact that page is a godsend as is the Entertainer that still keeps a good back stock of Revenge of the Fallen at good prices Leader Class Optimus being £24.97 not to be sniffed at and many voyagers being £6.50.

But as for other stuff not a sausage even Forbidden planet doesnt stock anymore and having to buy Drift off of Amazon is a chore and for £15.99 no less!!

3. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Towards Hasbro UK, there are no thoughts, only rage.

4. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Here's a leaked document from their marketing department.

[​IMG]

5. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Haha, brilliant!

6. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

My thoughts about Hasbro UK tend to be dissappointed ones, which grow into grumbles when I see another mold I can't get without going to the net.

7. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I just buy from Kapow these days, so I don't think about them :) 

8. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    i may not be in the uk but i beleave there must be some one that works there that has one hell of axe to grinde agianst transformer colectors for this to keep happening to yous to bad we cant find out who is in charge of sending you guys stuff i mean hell over here in new zealand we have so much extra stock of rotf stuff its not funny from what i renember yous didnt get much why cant they ship the extra stock over to yous people that want it

at least that way yous will get the extra stock sure its more handling but it gets the job done

9. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Oh, there's plenty of ROTF product. At least the first three waves.

They don't have any problem getting retailers to take movie product, perhaps because they dont' actually have to do much work to market said products thanks to massive media coverage.

Non-movie products... different story.

Once the movie franchise winds up, for a while at least, they may have to try a little harder.

Actually, the idea of Hasbro UK not making any money amuses me somehow.

10. Wars

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I have this weird feeling in my mind that if they did ship all of your remaining Revenge of the Fallen stock everything would be lost except for the boxes upon boxes of Wheelies, Chromias and Skids and then we'd end up with even more shelf-warmers here in the UK and Ireland.

Yeah, when the movies are around everything gets bought and sold and there's no trouble with moving stuff, but as Miscreant said after the movies die down there needs to be more effort put into selling the damn things, because they have no proper advertisement besides what ever's in the catalogues.

11. MegaPaultron

MegaPaultron Well-Known Member

Hasbro Uk is ROTF only words they know

Post 2007 their was Armada,Energon,Cybertron lining the shelf.... Unfortunately I feel like I missed a golden age.

12. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Hasbro UK = a useless shower of incompetent fuckwits.

13. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they are just now starting to offer a decent service and not over ordering early waves

Before that they where a shower of incompetent twats when it came to distribution esecially in energon

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    My thoughts regarding Hasbro UK can be summed up very easily. However that many paragraphs of insults and swearing would take me far longer to type than they are worth, so I will simply echo BCM77's sentiments above:
    Bingo.

15. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
    This is exactly how i feel too.
    Hasbro UK cancelled Generations to concentrate on promoting Stealth Force. :crazy: 
    I can't describe how that makes me feel. But as Draven said, it would involve lots of swearing and insults. :banghead: 

16. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

They cancelled Generations to promote Stealth Force?!?!?

I am now spewing a string of curses so imaginitive, they border on poetry.

I'm tired of seeing crap like Robot Heroes, Legends, Fast Action Battlers and Stealth Force littering the shelves these past few years. Yet we never got cool stuff like Universe 1 and Robotmasters.

Argos are finally stocking Universe/Generations Cyclonus but he's packaged with Rodimus that I already have. And where the slag are Windcharger, Thundercracker, Thunderwing and Dirge? And we never got the Classics Skywarp and Magnus 2 pack. Or Blades or Treadbolt. Or for that matter Ratbat, Springer, Roadbuster and Dirge (War Within).

I miss the old days when Transformers were cool and we didn't get crap like Scalpel and Ejector or Stealth Force.

Don't get me started on the lack lustre, one line tech specs. Why don't they just reprint the old G1 tech specs onto their modern counterparts? Those things could make you buy Ratchet or an Actionmaster and love them.

17. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    We did, and I'll never forget the day I saw about 7 of them clogging the shelves in woolworths for £14.99 a pop. And to think, I didnt even pick up ONE, let alone scalp the crap out of them!

But yeah, I'm the impatient sort who can't be bothered to try and second guess what Hasbro UK will or won't put out there, so I get most of my stuff online (mostly from kapow).

18. Wars

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    You're f'ing joking me?! They cancelled Generations to promote something as stupid, unnecessary and unpopular as Stealth Force!

:banghead: 

I'm swearing so much that my words aren't even swears anymore! Heck they aren't even words!

19. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think Hasbro UK needs better distribution, or at least bring out later waves, even if it's on a Hasbro UK website or something instead of in shops, if they're worried about the younger customers not being interested in the "collectors series" like Generations or Reveal the Shield

20. Sinestro

Sinestro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except H:UK doesn't seem to be doing a good job on that either, over the last month and going to countless Asdas, Tescos, Sainsburys and a couple of TRU's I've only found one Tesco which had any stock. And that was only a couple of Primes and 3 of the smaller ones. Not that I'm complaining though...