Your Thoughts on Alt Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Fortress_Wise, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Fortress_Wise

Fortress_Wise Head of Dalyst

I think he looks good, but i don't think i can wait till july :thumb 

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    He can't get here quick enough...

3. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    The more I see of him, the more I want him (and I've wanted him from the start).

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personally, I've wanted the figure from the first time I saw him. I was a little concerned at first, but decided to wait and see. Now that I've seen some decent pics of him... the only real complaint I've got is his little pee-shooter, but I guess when you have a line that makes guns out of the vehicles engines... you aren't going to end up with a large-ass rifle.

I also like the fact that he's larger than most of the others figures and he's going to make a nice opposite for Shockwave/blast as I consider him the leader of my Decepticon Alts for now.

My only real complaint about the Alternators line right now is that it's got too few Decepticons! Other than that... I'm happy... it helps to think of it as an alternate G1 reality or simply just it's own reality instead of G1 revisited.

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    He's becoming Alt. Ironhide as fast as I can sculpt a new head for him.

6. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

I only have one complaint and that when he is in Bot mod. Those Hideous(sp) shoulders. I thought they were put wrong but the box art even had them up. If they were Half to 3/4 the size I would have no complaint, but I think they a tab to high.

I hope though he has a trailer hitch on his back, so I can find a trailer and have him pulling Side Swipe. Red SRT-10 pulling another Red SRT-10.

7. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll buy it, but I'm not thrilled about it.

8. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

I would preferred it to be Trailbreaker. I already consider 20th Prime the leader of my Alts. and I have no problem in passing up an Alt.(I've only bought about half them so far), so I don't think I'll be getting him. More for the rest of you, I guess.

*hopes and prays for the remold to be Trailbreaker*

9. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got MP Optimus Prime so I don't need another Prime sitting with my BTs.

Only way I'll buy him is if he ends up being repainted into Trailbreaker and/or Hoist. I don't want this mold as Ironhide (he looks about as much like G1 Ironhide as the Sideswipe mold does - jeez, can't you people see past the fact that he's RED??) or any other character, thank you very much.

If it never ends up as Trailbreaker and/or Hoist then I'll skip it and I won't loose any sleep over it either.

Steve.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Well, I really like the headsculpt and not much else. Something seems 'off' about the body.

I REALLY like the Alt. mode. I've always like Rams so I'm happy we finally get one as an Alternator, besides it's something BESIDES a sports car.

I'm definitely buying it, but he's no Optimus Prime to me, that title (like many other of you guys) goes to my 20th Anniversary prime:) 

11. Dragstrip85

Dragstrip85 Well-Known Member

your inner self thinks you are :D 

You'll probably love it when it's in your hands

12. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    I too will get one, though he may on occasion be addressed as something other than Optimus.....

13. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I like it. I'm not fond of the shoulders, but overall it's not bad. I always have a few minor nitpicks with everything.

I'll be picking this one up. My Alt Autobots need a leader, and it's nice to have a newer Prime, that actually has an alt mode.

14. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

will buy if it ever comes in black to make into trailbreaker. otherwise, I'll buy the red one and accept it as ginrai.

15. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

Good Alt mode. I wanted that Alt mode. It's not prime. I'm tired of Hasbro trying to make a profit off of me with bad ideas. I'm also a completionist. I've decide to break that habit when this toy was produced. I Just can't let Hasbro profit when they make really bad choices for charcacters. SO, I will pass him on the isle I see him, but if he ever gets marked down to half price $10, I'll pick him up to minimize Hasbro's profit. I would display the truck as it is really nice and I want future trucks. The bot mode however is hideous in it's own right.

If I do get him and display him in bot mode it will be something to the effect of all the cons beating him in the background, while the Autobots smile and pose for the camera. A true old fashioned gang-bang beat down.

MP-Prime was and IS my alt prime.

16. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    if a BT comes out, i'll get it and leave it in truck mode. The 'bot mode is such a mess. if only an Alt is released, i'll probably pass. dunno why.

17. Firestorm

Firestorm Red Mage in Training

I'll buy it. I like Prime in general, and this figure does not disappoint me. It probably won't be my favorite Prime or my favorite Alternator (that's Prowl at the moment), but I'll enjoy him nonetheless.

As for the problem of 20th Prime currently leading my Alts. My Alternators and Cybertron figures stand on the same desk, not too far from each other. In an attempt to remove any that could stand in his way, Cybertron Starscream will fire upon 20th Prime, fatally wounding him. Wheeljack shall then rebuild him in the body of Alt. Prime, and 20th Prime shall be displayed separately from now on.

18. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Don't get me wrong.

I love the Alt mode, the bot mode is nice, if not a bit uninspired. The only problem I have with it is the fact that it is Optimus Prime, I got to thinking about why that is and decided that I am being a silly fan-boy. So they made Prime a Pickup truck, I'm not even sure that's why I don't like it being Prime, actually the idea of prime being a Pickup is not a bad idea. Even better it's basically a pickup that is a viper underneath. So you have this rough and tumble, fast kick ass Optimus Prime. I really think the main reason I got miffed about it being Prime is the fact that in my head my 20th anniversary Prime was the leader of the Alt Autobots - pretty silly coming from a 30 year old man with children of his own that just happens to collect toys.

It is for the most part a nice figure, though the shoulders are a bit funny looking. I will get him, but them I have to decide what to do with 20th Prime, maybe he will get his own shelf or something...

19. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

My thoughts exactly.

20. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I've hated it since the first time I saw it and will probably never consider buying it in any way, shape, or form.