Your RotF war stories

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sso02V, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    With the vastly different character play styles, RotF's multiplayer lead to some crazy confrontations, with even crazier outcomes. What kind of stories can you share?

I went totally Predator on this one team on the Downtown map. They were all huddled together on a rooftop, and as Sideways, I spent the whole match ritualistically picking them off from a different spot every time. Not once did they think to get down from the building, they just kept firing at wherever I used to be.

And nothing puts the fear of Primus into Jazz spammers like a Long Haul turning a corner and coming right at them. Just fire and pain, brotha.

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Though I often fall victim to that devious Megatron tactic of driving around a corner, activating the special, and nailing the guy following him with a fusion cannon blast as soon as they turn the corner. Gets me every time.

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I mostly rely on sniping as Sideways. I always make sure to keep moving while also staying as far away from the battle zone as possible. Did a lot of damage back then.

When I'm not sniping I'm fucking people up as G1-colored Starscream.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    One match my entire team was terrorized by a flight mode Megatron who kept camping our spawn. (this actually happened often, but this had a happy ending) He'd kill us everytime we spawned, faster and faster. Thankfully we all eventually spawned at around same time and were able to overpower him. Once he was gone and his douche tactic defeated, he and his team fell.

I also recall many not-so-fond instances of wandering the streets as Jetfire, only to be inexplicably beaten up by the tiny Jazz or Sideswipe running around my feet.

5. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well despite my short time playing it I do have a story or two. It was a Team Deathmatch on some Sahnghai map, and I was on the decepticon side and outnumbered. I knew it was going to be a potential blood bath so I just decided to wing it with Sideways. And for the next half hour.
    I. SNIPED. EVERYONE.
    It went so good I got an achivement for getting highter on the leaderboards.

So here is my advice, Always bet on the sniper.

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    OH, ok I just remembered my recent awesome moment. Playing on the bridge map as Protectobot. My team and I are storming the enemy spawn. A Megatron walks out from behind a building shooting at a teammate while I'm driving in.

I aim for him, ram his ass and he goes running. I give chase while Ironhide giving me some support. Megatron reaches a tight turn. While I'm still peppering him with vehicle shots Ironhide stops, transforms and starts covering the road in front of him with grenade launcher shots. The combined force of the grenade's blast radius and my shots put him down.

7. myhobby

myhobby ArigatouArigatouArigatou-

There was this time on the train yard map... Some years ago... My team of Autobots was pretty evenly matched up with the vile Decepticon challengers, with neither team leading in points for long.
    Then, one by one, my teammates all left the game.

So there I was, Optimus Prime vs. Megatron, Seeker and Grindor.
    I took a deep breath, geared myself and said "i'll take you all on!"

I promptly got my shiny tin rump handed to me.

I managed to kill megsy a couple of times, but there was no way to win the match.
    The other players even sent a message apologizing for the beat down afterwards!:lol 

Next match, I joined the Decepticons and we kicked can!

Not my most glorious moment, no. :D 

My best moment was no doubt the time I alone was able to thoroughly trounce a full team of Autobots as Seeker, using a mix of flying, missiles, robot-mode seeking missiles, and warping. :D 
    Fighting noobs made me feel a little guilty, but hey, they gotta learn sometime, right? :ev: 

8. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I jumped into a match of 2 vs 2. I was Ironhide. Other Team was Screamer and Blackout. They were killing my teammates. My teammates then leave so it's me as Ironhide vs Blackout and Starscream. I end up slaughtering the 2 of team by myself and they quit before time runs out. It was glorious.

I wish I could have saved my replays and show them to you guys. I had some awesome matches in this and WFC.

9. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

I was playing TDM on the Musuem level, 3 vs 4 on the Autobot side, we were getting our asses kicked royally, by a bunch of flight Megatrons/Starscreams/Grindors. Playing as Jet Prime was clearly getting my nowhere as the Cons were ruling the air, so I thought "fk it!" and switced to Ratchet.... I then proceeded to own the entire Con team single handedly using a combo of sticky bombs, machine gun, melee and some clever use of Healing. Before we knew it, I had turned the tide, and my teammates must of caught on, because all of a sudden there were 3 Ratchets driving around the level!! The Con players panicked and went all defensive camping behind Grindor's turrets but it was too late TEAM RATCHET could not be stopped and we ended up recovering and winning the game.

That game I swear I played as Ratchet, as I've never played as him before. :D 

10. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Me Nomad wanna hear more about Team Ratchet!