Your Rewatchable Episodes

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by darksage78, Apr 18, 2009.

1. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Which episodes from what Transformers series do you guys and gals enjoy watching over and over and why? May not necessarily be your favourite episode, ie I loved Code of Hero, but I don't like watching it over and over to see Dinobot die >< *sniff*

Personally I've rewatched Beast Wars more times than I can count and with it being the Transformers series I grew up with as a child, it has a special place in my heart. So here's my list with a bit of Animated at the end...

Beast Wars:

S01E15 The Spark
    Love Larry Ditillio's writing in this epsiode. Loved the establishment of the Beast War's lore and concept of life and death. Never had much prior exposure to Transformers G1 lore at the point, so this shaped all of that for me. Always enjoyed the thrill of a stasis pod crash, so this episode always brings back good memories when I watch it.

S01E22 The Low Road
    Need I say more? Hilarity ensues =P

S02E01-03 Aftermath, Coming of the Fuzors Part I and II
    Mainly for nostalgia's sake. The real point when I started to watch the show faithfully. I still remember when season 2 premiered on YTV, back to back to back episodes =D Whole transmetallization process and return of Optimus Primal always makes my day.

S02E11-13 Agenda Part I, II and III
    Best arc in the season, so much going on and I'm rewatching this at the moment I'm writing this while waiting for the new Animated torrent to come up. These three episodes are my most rewatched episodes after the ones above. I never followed G1 before this so I didn't get a hell lot ouf ot the Ark but I did know of Optimus Prime so that was like OMFG to me when I was a kid. Still enjoy it because its theone time the Maximals were really aggressive in the Beast Wars, not to mention Ravage was so damn awesome!

S03E01 Optimal Situation
    I've forever loved the line "Well that's just Prime..." followed by "Well what's left of 'im anyway" I too remember when this aired back on YTV on that Saturday morning. A great followup to the Season 2 cliffhanger and I still remember watching Optimal standing up in the Ark and going "I want that toy!" But more to the reason, just seeing how the Maximals had to react and adapt to Megatron's master stroke while finding a way to mitigate it was always inspiring. The MAximals were always a few steps behind Megatron's schemes in this series and it was always rewarding imo to see them prevail.

Animated:
    S01E11 Lost and Found
    Lugnut and Blitzwing are pure win. The epsiode really put the size and threat of the Decepticons in to pespective for me, with two of them on the scene, the Autobots really had their work cut out. Plus I always found the whole scene where Lugnut and Blitzwing scan their Earth modes hilarious.

S02E03 Mission Accomplished
    I really liked this episode out of all of Season 2 where Optimus and his crew finally gets a break and gains Magnus' approval to stay on Earth. Not to mention provided a great battlescene between Optimus, Jazz, Sentinel against Starscream.

2. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

G1

War Dawn-The origin of Optimus Prime is revealed. The ultimate irony is that Prime actually admired Megatron before he became the leader of the Autobots. Great origin and we get to see Cybertron before the Great War.

Starscream's Brigade-Starscream goes solo and forms his own team of Decepticons. Great intro of Bruticus and this was the second combiner ever. I remember being stunned as a kid that there was a combiner not named Devastator. :) 

Revenge of Bruticus-See above.

Webworld-Immensely deep episode for a cartoon show. I am actually surprised they got away with this on tv (they certainly wouldn’t now). Explores the element of Galvatron’s insanity and what happened to him after the Transformers movie.

The Secret of Omega Supreme-Explored one of my favorite characters and gave a lot of depth to his speech and mannerisms. I really had a greater appreciation for Omega Supreme after watching (and rewatching many times) this episode.

Key to Vector Sigma Part 1 and 2-Introduced my favorite team the Stunticons. They were definitely badass and are probably still the craziest Transformers ever created.

Golden Lagoon-Deep underlying message with one of the best endings to any cartoon show. Beachcomber’s final words really make you think about the cost of war.

There are tons more but I am getting ready for breakfast with some family and friends and that was just off the top of my head. :) 

3. myhobby

myhobby ArigatouArigatouArigatou-

G1

more than meets the eye
    instant classic

hoist goes hollywood
    it really seems like the writers could see into the future with this one

BW

the low road
    die, maximals! shut up!

possession
    starscream makes an epic comeback!

CYBERTRON

balance
    G1 comics reference FTW!

ANIMATED

sound and fury
    the first cool soundwave to appear in a cartoon since G1

the thrill of the hunt
    lockdown gets his intro, and blitzwing back when everything he said was hilarious

4. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

The only G1 episode I think doesn't hold up to repeated viewings is the one where they're in the little kid's room,but he's a giant so they're like bugs to him. I've seen almost every other episode more than once.

5. OhSlag!

OhSlag! Well-Known Member

the whole beast wars series...

6. Lakanl

Lakanl Footmaster

I really haven't sat down to re-watch episodes, yet. As I'm still trying to watch every series from front to back.

7. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I'm back and thought of a couple more great ones I just watched last week.

Megatron's Master Plan Part 1 and 2-The Decepticons trick everyone on Earth into hating the Autobots by using props and television. The irony is I can seriously see this happening since so many people believe television as a valid truth source in such forms as reality shows, etc. This plan pretty much works and the Decepticons enslave the humans and send the Autobots on a course to the sun. Of course the good guys win in the end but I really felt that Megatron had a great plan that met with success.

Triple Takeover-Pretty much illustrates how badass Blitzwing is. Has a very memorable quote. Blitzwing almost crushes the Autobots by himself. Great all around massive fight at the end as well.

Can you tell what my favorite Transformer show is yet? :) 

8. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Code of Hero :( 

Bruticus wasn't the second combiner ever. Superion and Menasor were created before Bruticus, both chronologically and according to the airdates of the episodes (for some reason Aerial Assault was aired before Starscream's Brigade, so the Combaticons appeared on television before they were even created.).

I mean, the Stunticons combine into Menasor at the end of "Starscream's Brigade" to kick Bruticus' ass.

9. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G1:
    War Dawn
    Key To Vector Sigma 1&2
    More Than Meets The Eye
    The Rebirth 1,2,&3
    Starscreams Brigade
    Revenge Of Bruticus
    Secret of Omega Supreme
    all Dinobot Episodes in season 1&2
    Grimlock's New Brain
    Dark Awakening
    Starscream's Ghost
    Ghost In The Machine

Animated
    Transform and Roll Out
    Sound and Fury
    Thrill of the Hunt
    Lost and Found
    Survival of the Fittest (grimlosck's lines make this one of my favorites "him did it" classic)
    Megatron's Rising 1&2
    The Elite Guard
    Mission Accomplished
    Fistful of Energon
    S.U.V. (only for swindle)
    Autoboot Camp
    A Bridge Too close 1&2
    Transwarped
    Five Servo's of Doom
    Predacon's Rising
    Human Error so far

haven't watched the other series other than some beast wars as a kid and the occasional A/E/C when they were on tv (they weren't enough to bring me back to the fandom, too many race series episodes, bad story whatever)

10. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    More than Meets the Eye parts 1-3

11. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    All of G1. Even B.O.T.
    All of Animated.
    I'm watching "Transwarped" right now ;) 
    Of course the 86' and 07' movies.
    No Beast Wars.

12. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

G1: The Movie, Fire on the Mountain, War of the Dinobots, Heavy Metal War, Key to Vector Sigma, War Dawn, Starscream's Brigade, Revenge of Bruticus, Five Faces of Darkness, Fight or Flee, Ultimate Weapon, Burden Hardest to Bear, Return of Optimus Prime.

Beast Wars: Code of Hero, Agenda, Optimal Situation.

13. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Need to watch the other cartoons- I've seen parts of A/E/C and decided I didn't like it, but...

ANIMATED

Lost and Found: Blitzwing and Lugnut. Need I say more?
    Survival of the Fittest: I don't know why I like this ep, I just find myself rewatching it a lot.
    Mission Accomplished: I think I only like this 'cuz it has a lot of Starscream.
    TransWarped: I feel I don't need to explain this one- Blurr's death was the only bad thing about it.
    Where is Thy Sting?: The Twins get their intro! ^^^^

14. fujisakimari

fujisakimari New Member

my fave is

my fave ep is eather the rebirth from g1 or the last ep of energon were prime gets owend

15. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    G1:
    Something on youtube called "The Transformers: Compiled Data Tracks" to get my taste of G1 season 1 and 2 goodness

Here it is YouTube - The Transformers: The Compiled Data Tracks (1)

and the movie, "Dark Awakening", Ghost of Starscream two-parter, "Ultimate Weapon", "Only Human", Burden Hardest to Bear", and Optimus returns two-parter.

BW:
    First two episodes, "Chain of Command", "Double Jeopardy", "Victory", "Dark Designs", "Spark", "Spider's Game", "Call of the Wild", "Possesion", "Low Road", "Before The Storm", "Other Voices" two-parter, "Aftermath", "Coming of the Fuzors" two-parter, "Maximal, No More", "Other Visits" two-parter, "Bad Spark", "Code of Hero", "Transmutate", "Agenda" three-parter, "Optimal Situation", "Deep Metal", "Crossing the Rubicon", "Master Blaster", "Other Victories", and "Nemesis" two-parter

BM:
    "Reformatting", "Master of the House", "Fires of the Past", "Merecenary Pursuits", "Fallout", "Savage Noble", "Prometheus Unbound", "In Darkest Knight", "Spark of Darkness", and all the three-parters.

RID:
    Any episode after episode 12.

Armada:
    "Swoop", "Overmatch", "Gale", "Credulous", "Conspiracy", "Desicive Battle", "Rebellion", "Tactician", "Link-Up", "Desperate", "Regenaration", "Rescue", "Mars", "Crisis", "Miracle", "Puppet", "Cramp", and "Mortal Combat"

Energon:
    "Megatron Resurrected", "Megatron's Raid", "Starscream: the Mysteriuos Mercenary", "Unicron Perishes", and "Distribution".

Cybertron:
    "Fallen", "Time", "Ship", "Savage", "Sand", "Champion", "Primal", "Trust", "Retreat", "Revelation", "Critical", "Assault", "Starscream", "United", "Cybertron, "Balance", "Darkness", "Escape", "Titans", "Giant", "Fury", "Ambush", "Challenge", "Optimus", "Showdown", "Guardian", "End", "Unfinished", "Beginning"

Animated (so far):
    "Transform and Roll Out" three-parter, "Blast from The Past", "Thrill of the Hunt", "Along Came a Spider", "Sound and Fury", "Lost and Found", "Survival of the Fittest", "Megatron Rising" two-parter, "Elite Guard", "Return of Headmaster", "Mission Accomplished", "Garbage In, Garbage Out", "Rise of the Constructicons", "Fistful of Energon", "Autoboot Camp", "Black Friday", "Bridge Too Close" two-parter, and ALL of Season 3 so far.

Man, this list makes me want to watch these episodes again.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    This. All of Animated minus Total Meltdown and Megatron Rising P2. (can't stand the bad animation in them) Nanosec, Nature calls, Mission Accomplished and S.U.V. from seasons 1 & 2 stand out as episodes I really like to rewatch for Animation and story. Transwarped is also fun.

I do like to rewatch BM, though not right after BW. I love the CGI, VA and plots of many of the episodes.

G1 has some episodes I like, too. Most are absurdly awesome in their dated-ness, while some are just good episodes because they're actually good.

I also like to rewatch both movies from time-to-time.

Nothing from RID, A/E/C is rewatchable for me.

17. Nemesis Liger

Nemesis Liger Well-Known Member

G1

Fire in the Sky
    Fire on the Mountain
    Microbots
    Autoberserk
    The Master Builders
    The Golden Lagoon
    The Key to Vector Sigma Part 1 & 2
    War Dawn
    Aerial Assault
    Cosmic Rust
    Starscream's Ghost
    Webworld
    The Killing Jar

Animated

Megatron's Rising Part 1 & 2
    Autoboot Camp
    Where Is Thy Sting
    Predacon Rising
    Five Servos of Doom

Armada

Past part 1 & 2

18. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Mortal Combat in Armada was THE best episode in that series. Anyone who dismissed Armada has to watch THAT episode. Megatron Ressurected and Megatron Raid were awesome in Energon. The final fight between Ops and Galvy in Cybertron was worth seeing simply because its the battle ends the Great War, at least in the AEC universe.

19. Mini-Bot

Mini-Bot Blackout Fan Girl

Transwarped
    A Bridge Too Close Part One and Two
    Where Is Thy Sting?
    Megatron Rising Part One
    Along Came a Spider

20. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Um, i think there's no point me listing mine. I can rewatch almost anything. A hundred times over, given the necessary time.

The only thing i can't rewatch is A & E. C's half decent. Oh, and i never rewatched G1 or the Beast trilogy. Simply because i've never seen them the first time round.