Your Premium Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MPrime10, Feb 22, 2012.

1. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

I've gotten to wondering. What would be considered a premium Transformers figure? I thought it might mean that the figure fits into some of the following categories:

Expensive
    Rare
    Limited Edition
    Popular with Hardcore Collectors
    Foreign/3rd Party Items

Please tell me. And after I've been told what you consider premium, I'd like to know what your most premium figure is in your collection.

2. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think the two main factors would have to be quality and price.

Something like TFC's Hercules would definitely fit the bill, as would most of the MP figures, but maybe not all. I kind of feel that when Hasbro cheaps out on an MP figure, like Rodimus for example, it's not really much of a "premium" figure.

I'm not sure if I consider "rare" figures like Henkei Smokescreen or Red Alert premium figures, but I certainly paid a premium to get them, so maybe...

I would probably say Hercules is most premium figure, but I still haven't bought the final two figures! Honestly though, my "most premium" figures wouldn't be Transformers - I have an original canceled Pimp Daddy Destro from the '97 GI Joe line as well as all the Sideshow GI Joes (all exclusive versions). I also have a few Hot Toys figures, but I'm trying to sell them all off right now.

3. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

This is what I thought about. I actually want MP-1 (Don't think MP-10 is anywhere in my budget), and possibly the Fansproject TFX-04 Protector Set. But sometime soon, any MP Optimus is a necessity. I'll think about Grimlock later in the game.

4. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say my fansproject shelf is my premium stuff. The secondary market for most of those toys has gone crazy the past few years. Other than that, I have a masterpiece/alternity shelf going too. I always look at those toys as having more value than the other stuff in my collection.

5. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Vintage Japanese G1 is definitely pricey and premium imo, MPs, fansproject, TFC,

for my collection, MIB Overlord, MP-10, 3, 5, 6, Hasbro rodimus, Grimlock, and original DVD or whatever Prime. everything fp has dne minus the cj kits and a couple re-colours, Hercules

6. MasterxBlaster

MasterxBlaster THUGFORMER

News Credits:
    When I think Premium I think Takara... *And Cut*

7. 2punish&enslave

2punish&enslave Starscream's Brigade

Ebay:
    I guess my premium figs would probably be TFC Hercules and MP-04 Optimus.

8. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Fro me it's gotta be my 70% complete Transformers Victory collection consisting of:
    Star Saber
    Victory Leo x2
    Road Ceaser Giftset
    Greatshot
    Multiforce aka Landcross

Deathsaurus
    Liokaiser

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Yup. That's because they actually paint their product.

10. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

I would say price and quality. My premium items would be my Japanese MPs, MP-02, 09, 10. And my one third party item of Battle Tanker.

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The word premium does not really make me think of old, rare, or necessarily expensive toys. Yes figures like Fort Max and Overlord may be grails for a lot of people, but their value is based solely on supply and demand. These things were mass produced and available at any department stores in the eighties (well not Overlord but you get the idea).

I think quality and complexity are my main criteria and not many figures from Hasbro or Takara fit that category. I would say line like Masterpiece and Alternators are the most premium figures we have received. Alternity would be another.