Your Overall Top 3 TF Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Waverider, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Arcticwave

Arcticwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1 - G1 Sunstreaker My first ever transformer, that I still have, even though his arm went missing some time ago and I have no idea how.
    2 - G1 Snarl Loved this guy as a kid... I couldn't get enough of the stegosaurus. I still think that he is one of the coolest dinosaurs around. The plates on his back and spiked tail do it for me. I really wish that he would of come to life in TFA!
    3- Bruticus upgrades by Fansproject They took this eeehhh figure and fixed him up to be an extreme menace on my shelves. Guns raised, towering over my collection he is a very impressive figure.

2. alex_kingdom

alex_kingdom Well-Known Member

1. Air Attack Optimus Primal - Best TF firure ever, due to show accuracy even down to his voice, lots of fun gimmicks, a realy nice sculpt of one of my renditions of one of my favourite TF characters ever.

2. MP Convoy/Optimus Prime - The most perfect rendition of the most iconic TF character ever. Well designed, inspired transformation a great display piece and toy.

3. Animated Optimus Prime (cybertron mode) - a really pleasingly designed and articulated figure and a great example of the insipred design of the Animated line.

Im pretty sure MP Rodimus Prime will push one of these out, it appears to be one of the most perfect TFs ever made.

3. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

1 - 20th Anniversary Prime - Seeing this on my friend's mantle started me up again. HIS FAULT.

2 - Alternators Silverstreak - This toy is the definition of the perfect modern TF toy. Cool alt mode, true Autobot form as a robot...

3 - Henkei Sunstreaker/Sideswipe (tie) - awesome updates for G1 toys I could never afford when I was a kid

4. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MP Prime (with trailer...and battle rollar...and reprolabels applied to all) - This is everything I wanted my Prime to do when I was little and you still had to store his fists in his cab. Super-flexible, HUGE, and has enough extra gimmicks going on that even if you end up displaying him, the first thing you do when he comes out of the box is put him in vehicle mode and roll him across a hardwood floor with "The Touch" playing in the background.

Animated Shockwave - Engineering genius, really. For a transformer to not only have four modes of transformation, but to be able to pull off each one without requiring "partsforming", kibble, or relying on the transformation being "move this one piece over here" is amazing. Despite even the crane/tank process being simple, each vehicle mode is different enough, and the Longarm-Shockwave conversion is perfect. Again: four distinct modes; no kibble.

Henkei Convoy - The perfect "modern update" to the original. Sure the transformation process has been reworked, but he's still a robot-legs-form-the-back-while-the-windshield-forms-the-chest-and-the-head-folds-back-and-under Optimus Prime figure. He's also anything a kid (who loved Beast Wars first and foremost because the figures HAD JOINTS) could want.

5. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

I can feel you on that one! He's one of my favorite Transformers period, I'd say he's easily in my Top 10.

6. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

1.G1 Prime
    2.G1 Starsaber
    3.MP04 Prime

7. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    This one's easy:

Universe Onslaught, Universe Prowl, Universe Cyclonus.

8. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Wow. There's a lot of good ones. This thread gave me another toy to my list of must haves. G1 Overlord.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    1. Car Robots Black Convoy/ RID Scourge- Best toy ever made. Easily can't wait for a CHUG Rid Scourge

2. G1 Sixshot. It's the best G1 toy peroid.

3. Cybertron Hotshot- This toy made me really get into collecting. However he wasn't my first.

Runner ups.

Energon Unicron- Best version of the mold to own.

RM Victory Saber- First Japanese toy i ever got.

Cybertron Ransack and Crumplezone- Best charecters ever.

Animated True Colours Shockwave- I mean wow this is easily the best Animated figure made.

Animated Ultra Magnus- He's heavy duty i tell you what.

10. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

G1 Powermaster Prime~The first TF that I ever owned. He has so much more play value than most of the releases today!

Cybertron Supreme Starscream~The first TF that my fiance purchased for me. It's a damn impressive brick of a toy! :) 

Masterpiece Prime~I've got both of the US release versions and the 20th Anniversary version was the first toy that I was willing to spend more than $20 on.

11. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

1. MP-01 Convoy
    2. Galaxy Convoy - especially with sonic bomber
    3. Big Convoy

12. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's tough, but...

Leader Starscream
    FP-modded Bruticus
    MP Grimlock

13. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    1) G2 Optimus Prime

2) RID Prowl

3) City Commander

14. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

1. G1 Jetfire
    2. MP Optimus Prime
    3. MP Grimlock

15. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Banned

At number one we have: Masterpiece Starscream. I pick him because it's the most genius jet mold for a Transformer i'v ever seen, it's mind blowing how accurate he looks in every way, plus the transformation is tons of fun to me.

Number two: G1 Soundwave. A toy with attitude, and is still my favorite toy that is modeled off a real device, due to use of batteries, tapes, and details/functions.

And last, yet awesome as can be: Alternators Sideswipe. G1 was great, but when he was turned into a scale model of a Viper, I was amazed.

16. Cliffbee

Cliffbee Well-Known Member

It's hard to pick just three, but I'll give it a shot.

Masterpiece Optimus Prime -- Japanese or US edition... don't care. The design and execution are very cool. This is the definitive rendition of G1 Optimus Prime.

Human Alliance Bumblebee -- The Human Alliance toys were the first to feature reasonable facsimiles of humans interacting with their Transformers buddies. Bumblebee was the first of the bunch, and although arguably some others are cooler, he's still a top contender for the best HA toy released thus far.

"CHUG" Starscream (in G1-accurate colors) -- This mold has brought us a series of great "seeker" toys. In many ways I prefer this mold to the "Masterpiece" mold, since this mold has less "kibble" in robot mode, and the size is more convenient for everyday play.

17. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
  18. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

I'll have to go with:

MP-01 Optimus Prime

G1 Optimus Prime

And, um, I don't know. Hard to pick a third that will always be a favorite in any year like the first two. Maybe...

Takara Masterpiece Rodimus Prime/Hot Rod. Yeah, still a few months from this being in the collection but... I can tell. It's a classic. :) 

19. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  20. BW megatron

BW megatron tiran

1. bw ultra optimus primal in all his variants and colors

2. bt smokescreen

3. BM deluxe Stormjet