Your origin story, sans Primus

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by kronatron, Sep 4, 2017.

1. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

I must admit that I don't know much about the Quints. Only saw the one in the movie for a few moments, and I couldn't sit through a whole episode of energon without spiralling into an abyss of regret. What's their schtick? From whence do they descend and are they just plot fodder without much character development?

-Kronatron

2. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

My personal origin story involves my mother and father finding their thrill on blueberry hill. Not as exciting as everyone else's story, but it is dear to me.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Wanna touch things I don't feel

News Credits:
    I'm kinda partial to the whole "God is just one of us" thing. So perhaps someone who rarely emotes or expresses an opinion and never really takes a leadership role could be God. Someone who sticks to the side and lets things play out, gathering information and only fighting when necessary. Someone who is good at managing and commanding minions anyways. Someone who is just inexplicably badass and memorable. Hmm...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    We don't know much about their origin. My headcanon is, they probably self engineered themselves to be biomechanical beings, that were originally something else, maybe humanoid. So they evolved into 5 faced beings with tentacles and have no ties to Japanese culture ;)  ;)  uuhm anyway, the real history in the cartoon was, that cybertron originally belonged to the Quintessons, they do intergalactic trading and cybertron was a big factory basically. They manufactured the autobots as consumer goods and the decepticons as military hardware. The quintessons gave them enough intelligence to manufacture themselves at one point, which lead to them growing sentient and thus rebelling against their creators and with the help of A3 (the young Alpha Trion) who build the coder remote to deactivate the dark guardians, they managed to drive them off cybertron. Whenever the quintessons catch cybertronians, they hold them for trial. Mostly the bots nowadays are found to be innocent and sentenced to death anyway, because they took cybertron from them. Which they still see as their property after millions of years. The quintessons even managed to revive optimus prime in a ruse to lure the autobots and decepticons away from their planet. They are a mysterious race with ties to ancient cybertron and their ealierst biomechanical experiments can still be found dwelling in the depths of cybertron.

I guess the transformers are humanoid in appearance because the costumers of the quintessons were mostly humanoid themselves. Cybertronians only developed the means to transform much later, when the decepticons strived for power and dominance over the autobots and the first civil war among cybertronians broke out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Also they say God is a DJ. dj_soundwave.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. kronatron

Cool, thanks for the run-down. So are these guys to whom Lockdown was referring in AOE? I know we saw a hand and that was about it, I was hoping by now we'd get more backstory. I dunno, I prefer to ignore movieverse until it fits my headcannon needs.

-Kronatron

• Like Like x 1
  7. kronatron

...just a stranger on the bus...slicka-slicka?

Oooh! What if the whole primus is one of us deal goes deeper, like sleeper cylons? Sometimes a resurgenve of the primus code gets embued into a new 'bot that goes on-line. And it may live the rest of its days without ever knowing it is a reiteration of "the one." In times of strife, the one can access the extraordinary ability to manipulate other cyberforms (to a certain extent, perhaps more the environment around it since it is an extension of its own body).

Iterations of The One have surfaced throughout the eons, each time in a different vessel, thus the face of the Autobot sigil has changed with each resurgance as the One leads the populace into its next chapter.

Legend foretells the coming of the next One. The war has raged for so long, many who believe in this theory also think the One has been eliminated before it can become aware. So often must this have happened, that proponents of the One believe its next manifestation will be that of an outcast who feels no tie to either side. When the vessel of the Obe is found, he will denounce the birthright and attempt to flee his own devotees. But a tragedy will awaken something in him. If nourished, his power will light the way to a brighter tomorrow. But if neglected, the embers will dim and a great hollow will consume everyone around him. It is a force even the fearless Megatron has sought to harness, or exile.

-Kronatron

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    As far as I know Primus had nothing to do with my parents meeting and conceiving me. That's my origin story which does not involve Primus.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Curious and Creative Man

The Transformers have an origin tied to the very events that shaped their solar system and world. (Long post; abridged version at the bottom.)

Cybertron was created by space debris pulled in by a young star. Early on in the star's life, it drifted into a cloud of space dust. The star absorbed much of the material and expanded, causing it to devour some of the planets which had already started to form and push others away. A gas giant pulled a small nickel cored planet away, pulling it into a cold zone. As it moved through the material, it grew over time until reaching its final orbit. This bred a planet consisting of inorganic elements, primarily a unique metal along with familiar ones like iron and steel. Along with frigid temperatures and toxic chemicals, some of which liquefied and remain under the surface of the planet or boiling over it, generating friction. The rapid growth combined with the nebula and friction of the surface bred violent, stormy conditions and chemical reactions generated an atmosphere. The storms, however, continued, and as the solar system changed so did they. The storms eventually generated quite the unique form of energy (for lack of a better term) under Cybertron's surface.

Constantly transforming, this pseudo-energy slowly began to store information. Some of this information came from the already existing forms of life spawned directly by the storms and planet's surface. These would serve as a sense of "inspiration" to the dumb, nonsapient primordial stew. It would compile information over time, becoming aware of the larger universe and eventually itself. It is then when this specific cluster of code decided to take form. It influenced the malleable planetary surface and became a sort of supercomputer. Other clusters soon followed suit after taking "inspiration" from the original. It was a stalemate, until one realized in a sense that they could gather the latent nonsapient energy and condense it into new forms.

These started low class and were easily stomped out by the creatures still spawned by the storms. Thus, an era of trying to outsmart these creatures was spawned. One calculated that learning may well be quicker if its creations could somehow send it feedback. With that, others followed suit and Cybertron's new lifeforms grew more complex and hardy through continuous phases. There was still something missing, however, as the ones who survived would relay information less than those who died. Many supercomputers fizzled out in this time, dispersing as the energy they composed themselves of. This is when the supercomputer, Vector Sigma, developed a plan and generated its first semi-aware creature. This was capable through migratory programming and social structures to connect with, and relay information directly to Vector Sigma.

Vector Sigma continued to improve its design based on what it learned from its creatures. Yet still, it considered this inefficient, and developed a means of connecting multiple creatures to itself and using that information directly to create another. It was initially many but with such a large group, some creatures were being picked off in varying ways so Vector Sigma reduced the required number to a pair. Similarly, it developed a means for its organisms to outrun some of the speedier competitors: transforming. It was pretty basic st first, then overly complex (thus taking up valuable time) and ultimately settled on a medium while the organisms themselves became more complex. A semi-humanoid form was spawned from conditions and then came full sapience.

Vector Sigma's billions-year journey is still going on to this day, with the Transformers revering it for the marvel that it is. Why sapience was gifted to the Transformers is simply unknown to them and Vector Sigma's semi-sentient nature makes the situation entirely ambiguous — not to mention the spiritual experience they get when interfacing with Vector Sigma. This vast supercomputer is still changing, weeding out the less favorable forms for Transformers; it intends to make a successful agile body type standard within the next thirty million years, pioneered by modern female bots.

In short, gravitational forces pulled a Cybertron into the conditions in which a cosmic hotbox birthed supercomputers who competed with each other and random creatures spawned by that hotspot until one became clever enough to spawn the dominant lifeform of Cybertron — Transformers.

Just an idea, however...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

Zeroth Age of Cybertron: Origins

The planet which would come to be known as cybertron was originally not unlike earth in composition. As their technology expanded, the native sapient race - the Vok - turned the surface of their planet into a vast ecumenopolis and built a wide variety of primitive drones to maintain it. Eventually, the Vok warred with themselves until one released a biological weapon which spread through their space bridges until all of them were dead.

First Age of Cybertron: Prehistory

Without maintenance, the Vok's drones gained glitches in their programming. As some glitches proved beneficial while others were harmful; this simulated evolution eventually turning what were once drones with a single purpose into a complicated ecosystem of living yet still mechanical beings. More than one of these beings evolved sapience; traditional transformers culture classifies all cybertronians to belong to one of thirteen tribes though this is conflated with the later thirteen primes and not to be taken as scientific fact. The first actual transformers were predacons; disguising themselves as powerful species to avoid being predated on themselves.

Second Age of Cybertron: Civilization

The early transformers spread wide across the planet creating a great variety of cultures as they did so. The religions of Primalism and Constructivism can be traced to this era. Though remembered peacefully; Cybertron was actually divided into many warring states in this time.

Third Age of Cybertron: Invasion

At first, the quintessons were seen as miracle workers. Though Cybertron had entered its own industrial age, they had yet to dream of interstellar travel like the ship's the quintessons arrived in. The quintessons traded many new technological goods to the cybertronians in exchange for resources. However, it soon became apparent that the resources they were really after were the cybertronians themselves. A group of rebels soon emerged and fought the quintessons and their experimentally created terrorcons and removed them from the Cybertron system.

Fourth Age of Cybertron: Pax Cybertronia?

These rebels decided that instead of returning the various states they were from too autonomy, they should remain together in a new world government over all of Cybertron. They were united in war; why not in peace? They expanded colonies into new solar systems though when they came upon more organic life; the new Assembly was of two minds. One side believed that the quintessons proved that Cybertronians were superior to organic life and should not allow their empire of progress to be hindered by inferior lifeforms. The other was weary of war and simply wanted to focus on Cybertron's own affairs. Let the organics have their own space to squabble so long as they don't integrate with ours.

In spite of this schism, things were relatively peaceful for a while. That ended when the planetary core Cybertron used for most of its energy ran dry. The Assembly forced more labor in their colonies to send more energy and materials to Cybertron in order to make up for the deficiency. The extrasolar colonies felt spurned- they were doing well on their own; why should they break their servos for some far off 'motherland'? Tensions rose until Straxxus of the United Cybertronian Combaticons proposed a new solution; his scouts found a single planet previously unknown which offered enough resources to get Cybertron by for cycles. There was just one hitch; it was also heavily occupied by organic life.

The isolationist majority Assembly voted against Straxxus' proposal but he took a personal contingent of troops and ravaged the planet in secret. When the secret origin of this new source of energy 'Energon' was discovered, many outcried. By destroying all that made this planet, Straxxus and his cohorts proved themselves no better than their own oppressors from long a ago and by going behind the Assembly to do it; they showed their own dishonorable deceitful sparks. Decepticons they were branded. But they and supporters argued that it was surely better as Decepticons on a living Cybertron and rich colonies than tools of an inefficient Assembly over a dying one.

And so the age of peace had ended and a new violent age had begun. It would be Cybertron's last...

• Like Like x 1
  11. kronatron

Very well thought-out. I especially like the part of predacons being the first, but I must question - what would predate upon a predacon?

Was this planet that straxxus found, Earth?

All very cool. Thumbs up!
    -Kronatron

12. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

Does it count if I do include Primus, but I dodn't portray him as the godlike being most of the continuities portray him as? If not then no, I haven't really came up with an origin without Primus.

13. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

Definitely the dweller and the turbofox among canon ones - though I now find myself questioning the usefulness of their disguises when they must be of similar scale to said predators anyways.
    I'm still considering it. The planet gets completely destroyed, so that would remove any chance for a typical transformers on earth story, but it could be cool to have a reverse story; human refugees find themselves stranded on Cybertron and under Optimus' protection.

Glad you like my idea.

14. kronatron

Sure! Give it a whirl. Or a vortex. Skyhammer?

-Kronatron

15. kronatron

Perhaps competition within similar alt-modes to establish pecking order in the group; the fattest walrus, the alpha lion?

QUOTE="Rewind Eject, post: 15068758, member: 100174"] I'm still considering it. The planet gets completely destroyed, so that would remove any chance for a typical transformers on earth story, but it could be cool to have a reverse story; human refugees find themselves stranded on Cybertron and under Optimus' protection.

Glad you like my idea.[/QUOTE]

Now there's a nice spin on the ol' plotline! Humans leave to rot the only home they've ever known and take to the stars, come across a planet of sentient machines and weasel their way into their culture. The humans seem harmless enough at first, but the planet is already low on resources and the humans are like a plague of locusts. Prime and gang don't necessarilly want to squish them, but it's getting harder and harder to protect them against the Purists that want cybertron to remain fleshy-bot free.

-Kronatron. Maybe that's another origin story, when the TFs start adopting furry modes as a F-you to their rivals and it sorta sticks.

16. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    I like the idea of competing origin stories. After millions of years, do we really expect the Transformers to remember where they came from? Some say they were built by another race of beings called Quintessons. Others believe in a holy God-like being called Primus who lives in the center of Cybertron and that Autobots and Decepticons are the flip sides of his consciousness. Still others believe they have evidence that ancient sparks arrived from space. Or may be there's a legendary "Vector Sigma" or "Allspark" computer from which life sprang forth and will return to when they die.

Depending on which culture a Transformer derived from, he/she is more prone to one belief over the other.

• Like Like x 2
  17. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

Okay I had this origin idea written out for a while now. It's mostly inspired by G1 since I got the idea of "What if Primus and the Thirteen are mistaken as gods due to legends about them being passed down through history?". Thus it led me to this little origin story I wrote up.

Primus and Unicorn were created as war machines, Primus to conquer planets while Unicron was made to destroy planets when the inhabitants continue to show resistance. The creators of these two robots, the Quintessons, used them to control many sections of the galaxy. Whether it be from Primus' mighty strength or Unicron's display of destruction. But over time, Primus started to gain sentience, learning what kind of effect his presence leaves on the planets the Quintessons made him conquer. Not wishing to be used as a machine of war, Primus fled to far reaches of space. Enraged at their creation's rebellion and not wishing anyone to control Primus' power, the Quintessons sent Unicron to hunt him down. While Unicron had a small amount of sentience developing much like Primus did, this sentience is overpowered by his programming to consume planets, so because of this, as he searches for Primus, Unicron consumes all planets in his path.

Primus didn't want anyone to use his devastating power so in order to remain hidden, he changed his form to that of a planet and entered eternal stasis so that way if one were to discover what he truly is, they still wouldn't be able to access his power. But before he did this, Primus believed that he needed guardians and so from learning by watching the Quintessons create machinery. He took samples of his chassis and forged thirteen chassis and transferred some of his power source to them, creating the Thirteen. But rather than being powerful beings, they were merely soldiers, built to protect Primus. He dubbed these thirteen soldiers as Primes.

The Primes kept watch over Primus like they were programmed. But just like Primus, they too slowly began gaining sentience, especially since they carried fragments of his spark. They kept watch until one day the Quintessons did manage to find and defeat them and take over. But much to the Quintessons' dismay, when they traveled to the center of Primus' form, they learned they could not harness his power. But despite that, they were intrigued when they learned their own creation managed to create some creations of his own.

So they created Vector Sigma, a device that could extract energy from Primus' spark and transfer it to chassis they made. They created many robots to perform their tasks while others were made to create an army to help them continue their conquering. This sickened the Primes to no end so they decided to start a rebellion to help free their kind. They constantly battled and rescued more and more robots. The more acts they committed, the more the robots gained sentience.

Enraged that once again a creation they made was rebelling, the Quintessons started destroying robots, believing they could make an example, to strike fear into their hearts (uh... sparks) and control them with fear. But this failed to shake the rebellion, instead only encouraging them to fight even more. The robots kept rising up until finally it was too much for the Quintessons and they fled with them vowing they would return and destroy all that Primus managed to spawn.

With all of the robots now having sentience, they decided to rename Primus to Cybertron. But having to witness the Quintessons' tyranny, the Primes did not wish for the Cybertronians to turn to them as leaders. So they created the Matrix of Leadership, a device with their stored knowledge, having made it as a device that Cybertronians could turn to for advice. To insure that know of the Cybertronians would seek them out, the thirteen Primes went their own ways and into hiding.

• Like Like x 2
  18. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

I wrote TF story trying to give it a bit of a GOT feel, and in doing my backstory/world building I kind of came up with an origin of the universe (including Cybertron)that took as close to a scientific approach as I think is possible. Some quotes from the story dealing with the origins of life on Cybertron:

“Alright.” A-Three looked up and took in the countless falling flakes descending upon them. “Despite its name, Cybertron is not a fully cybernetic planet. But unlike the vast majority of life-bearing planets in the universe, it is not fully organic either. As far as I know, it is the only planet that is a naturally occurring hybrid of both; a planet that has given rise to vast organic species, each producing individuals given life through an intangible and temporary, but nearly infinitely reproducible life-force, as well as producing far less numerous quasi-mechanical species with tangible and far more enduring sparks, including our own theoretically immortal species.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Cybertron is not the only world to have produced spark-based life!” Nightbeat snapped. “The Big Bang produced many Omega caliber hyperdense energy clusters that formed planets around them. Our Vector Sigma is not unique.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The President took a deep, exasperated breath. “Fine, then tell me again how it is that your type of life can exist.”

Alpha Trion smiled. “Thirteen point eight billion of your years ago all matter and energy was condensed into an infinitesimally small coalescence of…well, everything. In an instant it erupted, its expansion vaster than even I can easily envision. But the energies didn’t transfer evenly, and enriched portions of energy collected, creating instances of hyper-dense energy clusters that kept their vast energies contained within themselves…for the most part. There were different categories of these clusters, the most energy-dense that we’ve come across are categorized as Omega class or caliber. These have a strong gravitational pull, so planets always form around them, which is the case of our Cybertron. Often times these clusters will pulse, emitting a tiny fraction of its life-giving energies, which if exposed to the right mix of nourishing materials…”

• Like Like x 1
  19. kronatron

As is the way with many earth cultures throughout history. The Mayan Popol Vhu is one of the more fascinating ones to me, thus we get to the heart of this thread. Thanks for the addition. Your origin distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

-Kronatron

20. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

Well, Gandalf kills the Balrog, and then... wait, what were we talking about?