Your origin story, sans Primus

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by kronatron, Sep 4, 2017.

1. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

What's your origin story that does not involve Primus?

Did an energy-based life form from a higher dimension (sparks) cross over to ours and construct bodies to better interact but in doing so lose memory of their former selves?

Cross-overs:
    In a desparate attempt to regain stability without their queen, do the Borg forego their biological side and achieve technological purity?

Are TF's the inevitable result of Skynet's eventual success?

Are TF's the malfunctioning equipment infected with Agent Smith's lust for power and Neo's shtick for the whole free-will thing?

Share your plot thickennings here!

-Kronatron

• Like Like x 1
  2. kronatron

I'll start with an in-fandom theory:

A servant of a higher cause migrates from one inhabited world to the next, assessing their worth in the Great Annex. A cyberform himself, he sees that humanity is cruel to its neighboring beasts and out of compassion, uses nanites to give the zoo populations an advantage over their wardens. As the beasts grow intelligent, sapient, and their bodies reformat internally they become the first cyberforms to populate this world.

A little conflict here and there, first with humans and eventually with each other, and the only way to survive the beast wars is to go 'tronic. The populace upgrades so many times that they eventually reach a point where no one remembers why they were fighting and reach an armistice.

The Johnny Cyberseed fella returns from his conversions elsewhere and approves the reformatted Earth to join the Great Annex of cyberform planets. But now that the truth about his purpose is revealed, there are those who feel manipulated and a new era of distrust begins.

-Kronatron

3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Well it kind of involves a Primus.

The Quintessons originate from a vast empire in another galaxy.
    They are cyborgs, and while the Quintessons who rule the empire are a far larger form - basically the warrior caste - the Quintessons we know are formed of several different scientific, exploring and other castes.
    They have formed a VOC type company for the purpose of exploring other galaxies and discovering wether they would be worthy of adding to the empire.
    But our Quintessons have decided they would fend for themselves in this galaxy.
    They decided to create their own warrior-slaves - sentient robotic lifeforms - and build a trade empire.
    They discovered a strange bacterial colony on a drifting asteroid, and decided to use the exeptionally economical energy converting abilities of the bacteria to power an experimental highly sophisticate supercomputer to cyberform an uninhabited planet to become a gigantic labaratory and factory.
    After this was accomplished they set to work trying to produce their desired robotic slaves, they had several abortions like the Trans-Organics.
    Until the scientist Al-Badur came upon the idea to branch of daughter colonies from the mother colony inside Vector Sigma to power purely robotic bodies with a complex selflearning programming.
    The first products, the Allicons and Sharckticons were able to work independently but were insufficiently intelligent.
    Then a new self learning program was develloped and the first Transformer Primus was born.
    Soon thousands of Transformers were being created. Some served as the Quintessons army and others as intelligent slave laborers to serve them.
    Eventually many of both product were sold to a growing number of clientstates who the Quintessons effortlessly duped into wars that would fuel their sales of warrior robots.
    Somewhere around this time Al-Badur got greedy and decided to sell a large daughter branch and the transformer technology to a race inhabiting the planet Primacron that wanted to build a gigantic battlestation to destroy a neighbouring planet.
    This race spawned the boastfull last survivor of their kind who was named Primacron by his parents.
    This adventure didn't end well for Al-Badur who was banished to a different dimension not long after the same had happened to his friend Mara-Al-Utha.
    Eventually though the colony inside Vector Sigma began to spread out and merge with the metal it inhabited. What the Quintessons had originally tried and failed to do had happened naturally: a being was created through the fusion of organic life with metallic construction. The colony had become the supercomputer: Vector Sigma achieved full sentience. And not long after it's children became sentient one by one in the same manner.
    Soon they began to lament the state of their people. Primus who was a warrior robot sold to another race got sent back to Cybertron fo repairs and managed to stay there by trickery.
    He organised an underground network that enabled a revolution across Cybertron and the clienstates.
    Eventually the first great war would bring freedom to The Cybertronians and slavery to the clientstates who became part of the Cybertronian empire.
    Primus became the first Prime to rule. One day he found himself drawn deep underground and was given the Matrix that would give council about the past and the Axis that would give council about the future. Legend says Primus burried the Axis deep within Cybertron after consulting it.

• Like Like x 3
  4. kronatron

Very nice. Primus in this rendition reminds me of Animated Optimus. Hehehe, that's what they get, those pesky prideful Quints.

-Kronatron

• Like Like x 1
  5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Why thank you.

6. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

In the distant future, Voyager 1 gets sucked through a temporal wormhole and ends up back at the dawn of the universe, collecting cosmic material - spores, gaseous anomalies, etc. - which fuses with it and helps give it the power to propel itself through the cosmos by causing supernovas. It coasts on the force of one final supernova - in essence, creating our own solar system - to its ultimate location around what is now known as Alpha Centauri; once there, it begins to draw upon all that collected material to evolve into a silicon-based planetoid inhabited by various forms of biomechanical life, while the data contained on its Golden Record is used to shape all those forms (thus explaining why there are males and females, why there are beastformers, or even smaller things like why Jazz develops such an affinity for Earth-bound rock & roll). Ultimately the probe's computer and the Golden Record combine into a single sentient entity at the core of the planet - Vector Sigma.

So, yeah, basically I'd just take the last reel of "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" as an excuse to conjure up one of those we-created-them-and-they-created-us paradoxes. Not very original, I admit.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  7. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    Unfortunately my "personal continuity" origin involves Primus. So I'm useless here

8. Galvatross

Galvatross Make it Mac Tonight! Veteran

Millions of years ago, the Quintessons were at war across the cosmos with a race of green, powerful, alien beings...the Ogres! In an effort to stop their powerful foes, the Quintessons, who had the ability to change shapes, created a race of robotic slaves and warriors to combat their foes out of their elemental metal. Thus the Transformers were created.

The Transformers were so successful as weapons against the Quintessons' enemies that the race of Ogres was getting annihilated. A leader of the Ogres, and Ogrelord, named Shrek tried to stop the carnage in a last ditch effort to save his species from becoming extinct at the hand of the Quints and their soulless warriors. Wielding a mysterious, seemingly intelligent object of almost mystical powers called the Allspark, Shrek sneaks into the Transformer factory on Cybertron and gives life to the factory's robots and indeed all robots whose signal is connected to the factory/command center. The Transformers come to life and become sentient, sapient beings. Realizing that they are slaves to the Quints, the Transformers stop their battles against the Ogres and drive away their former masters.

Furthermore, Lord Farquaad, who is a shape-shifting Quintesson disguised as a short human, made some specific Transformers as princess rescuers to save princesses from alien beasts and castles on dangerous worlds. His desire for alien beauties can not be satisfied, and when of his Transformers, Orion Pax, is given life by the Allspark he refuses to do Farquaad's dirty work and respects the wishes of the alien princesses, many of whom don't want to be rescued for the creepy Farquaad.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

You said no Primus but never said anything about Quintessons. That's always been my definitive origin.

• Like Like x 2
  10. kronatron

Here's another one:
    John Connor delivers a debilitating blow to Skynet, corrupting the "cloud" it's stored so that it has no choice but to segment itself into smaller file sizes and upload miniscule fractions of i
    Still gla great premise. Throw a couple of borg in there for good measure and you got yourself an awesome crossover!

-Kronatron

• Like Like x 1
  11. kronatron

Aw c'mon, give it a shot!
    -Kronatron

• Like Like x 1
  12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    My personal origin story is blasphemous, but mine involves Cybertron bearing organic, primordial life that was silicon based rather than carbon. These trilobite-like creatures would evolve over eons in a typical way into nearly-primate level creatures, with simplified aspects of their bodies. The electrical impulses would over this evolution gather internally and begin to form what would eventually become a spark, because unlike other planets, Cybertron itself possesses a non-sentient neural network that sparks are linked to. The planet isn't alive so much as made of the same materials as the creatures that inhabit it, and over time some cretures above evolve into intelligence, and realize new life can be created straight from the planet itself. In their quest to improve themselves they eschew biological reproduction and begin quasi-artificial replication, only the replicants are aberrant, unique. No two are the same, and while greatly resembling the natural beings they become more and more technological as we'd see it. The primordial building blocks Cybertron provides are not systematic, and so the earliest Transformers are born as semi-organic robotic constructs, eventually completely phasing out the previous race as they rapidly developed a more stable society to keep replicating. The actual process is a mysterious and closely guarded secret, and only few know how to create new Transformers, and over time the amount of variation physically and mentally and the pursuit of more robust forms leads to modern Transformers.

Primus is the (relatively) recent belief that Cybertron was a creation, that Primus was a celestial being who discovered a barren world and seeded it with life. He tilled the planet and from it his people grew, only for his jealous brother to burn all the plants and animals out of spite due to his inability to create anything so beautiful. Primus then saved what little he could by changing the people and the planet itself into metal so it wouldn't burn, and then became one with his world so he would never leave it, lying in wait for his dark opposite's return.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mirimus

Mirimus Well-Known Member

Because it was what I was first introduced to (and was completely fascinated by it), it's atechnogenesis all the way for me. The idea of 'naturally occurring gears, levers, and pulleys' is certainly no more outlandish than the biological mechanisms in organic living cells, especially when the size of said gears, levers, and pulleys was never stated; they would likely be microscopic, just as with organic cells.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I prefer the sunbow g1 origin of the quintessons.

• Like Like x 2
  15. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy

Can't do it. In my head Primus becomes Cybertron, then makes some Primes, the first Primes bail for whatever, the Quints show up and start giving Cybertronians alt modes and jobs, get overthrown, Functionists eventually take control (although I admit I dont know much about Functionism, religion, and how they do or don't overlap), then are ousted themselves by Pax and Megs, who kinda try to make things work but the whole Freedom vs. Tyranny conversation rolls around and the Autobots vs. Decepticons war starts. Most of the Cybertronians who want nothing to do with another war set up colonies elsewhere. Everything else happens whenever from there.

16. kronatron

I just read this in my mind using my 2nd-Grade daughter's voice to narrate. I think Disney just got their next sequal to the Shrek franchise :) .

-Kronatron

• Like Like x 1
  17. kronatron

@ Split Lip
    AKA Beve Stuscemi
    "My personal origin story is blasphemous, but mine involves Cybertron bearing organic, primordial life that was silicon based rather than carbon."

Daaaang. This blasphemy tastes good with some awsome sauce and truth nuggets. I like your style. What, if anyhing, encouraged the silicon life forms to grow outside of their "organic nature?"

Keep it coming, this is great stuff!

18. kronatron

I would love to see or have described some of the simple early gechnorganisms of this type. Or are we talking the equivalent of a grandfather clock?

-Kronatron

19. Mirimus

Mirimus Well-Known Member

Not at all...again, it's about size.

20. kronatron

Hey now, size doesn't matter. ;) 
    Seriously though, what would a mechanical paramecium look like? A techno-amoeba would be fun. Which gets me thinking, what would techno DNA/RNA look like? Would it follow the TGAC chains of carbon forms, or do enough 1's and 0's give us a good genome.

Follow-up question: if a genome is decoded through TGAC chains, and we assign a binary code to each T/G/A/C, do we then have a digital blueprint for that same organism in a virtual world?

-Kronatron