Your opinions on the twins

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, Jun 25, 2009.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Ok, These twins have caused a lot of controversy. The whole "Twins being racist" made Yahoo news, and a lot of people here aren't sure what to think about them being stereotypes or the fact that some people think their ugly.

Then their are some who love the twins, thinking Skids and Mudflap are hilarious as well as having unique designs.

I love the twins since I thought they were hilarious, and I also like their designs. Heck, I've even got the Skids toy and definitely plan on hunting down a Mudflap toy.

So, what are your opinions on the Twins?

2. red4

red4 Banned

I feel the same way about the Twins as I did about Jar Jar Binks: Nothing. Nothing against them, nothing for them. They're just characters, and... whatever.

3. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They're kids. Siblings who get along about as well as any set of siblings would. Aside from their wigger characteristics, I thought they were damn funny and enjoyed them.

4. F-22Starscream

F-22Starscream Well-Known Member

I also really love the Twins because of the fact they are different.

They are just two loveable Idiots. They so remind me of myself and my best buddy in school. They are just two young and dumb Teenagers xD

5. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    I'm still not fond of the head designs. But for comedy they were decent enough, for personification they present a good window for the next movie to give other bot personalities perspective in comparison, and the audience I had seemingly enjoyed them thoroughly. So I've got no complaints. They didn't jar jar jynx the franchise yet. So let's hope it stays that way. Right now they're just the youngest protos, and rookie warriors that don't even care about human safety yet. The present some interesting aspects that can be explored, but I don't want another movie of just them goofing around. We need more personalities to play off those two to define this world and what the other 'bots think of them.

6. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

I liked them and think they're harmless comic relief,nothing more,nothing less.

All this talk of them being racist is utter crap and anyone thinking that should get over themselves and stop looking for things to get offended about.

7. Darth Grimlock

Darth Grimlock Banned

Ebay:
    I enjoyed Skids and Mudflap. I didn't plan on buying either one of them until seeing them in the previews and started enjoying the freshness of them. The toys are up there with some alternators to transform, but they have a great gimmick. Headbangin'!!!! After seeing the movie and playing with the toys they remind of Beavis and Butthead.

8. nintendocon

nintendocon Autocon

I thought that I was not going to like them but after seeing the movie I must say that they grew on me. But as far as the whole racism controversy goes, you would have to be looking for a reason to call them racist because there was absolutley no hint that they were making fun of anyone, that could have been the way they spoke, and the gold tooth could have been put there as a joke because of the way they sounded. But also they were red and green, if they had been black or white then I could see an issue, but all I really see are people making a big deal out of nothing.

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    The voices and dialouge were good enough to redeem the faces.

I'm still buying only their ice cream truck toys, though.

10. Warpath90

Warpath90 Shuddafugup Chip!

I felt they got old and really annoying over the movie. I was hoping Devastator would annihilate them.

11. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I didn't know if I was going to like them or not, but as I'd heard more from and about them their characters grew on me. And after seeing them in the film, I thought they were great, very fun and funny characters.

As for the whole "racial stereotyping" thing. Unless street hard gangstas (which need I remind you is a culture/lifestyle more than just one group emulates) are a race, I don't think so.

12. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

I loved them. They were hilarious and I'd watch the movie again just for Skids acting like a ninja.

13. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    ok, first of all... if you (people who think this) thought that the Twins were racist (and I think they aren't) then I don't want to hear that you went and saw Bruno because that is the most steryotipical and racist movie ever (along with Borat).

Anyway, I loved the twins!!

14. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

After all the initial negative vibes they were getting, I was a little worried, but I really enjoyed them. I suppose robots are the only ones that complain about their characters being racist, but I haven't heard any reports on that (unless the Onion has one :p )

15. fleshling

fleshling Well-Known Member

I thought that they were fine. I laughed at a bunch of the stuff that they did in spite of myself. Whether or not they hold up under repeated viewings remains to be seen, however.

16. Omega77

Omega77 Crystal City

I didn't have a problem with them. Anyone who did I guess also has a problem with K-Fed and the like (then again, who doesn't have a problem with K-Fed). I agree with the mention of Bruno and Borat, of which, Borat has been called one of the funniest movies ever made, and I'm sure Bruno will get the same. While on the subject, Jar Jar when under heavy attack, yet no one mentioned how Asian sounding the whole Trade Federation was. This is a case of looking for something to complain about and looking at the world through the spectrum that everything and everyone is racists.

17. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They were actually in it less than I thought they would be but they were both enjoyable.
    A few of their lines were funny and I liked seeing them fighting Devastator.
    Overall they were a neat addition.

As for the racism shit, I'm not even going to bother dignifying that with a proper response.

18. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

I love them! Except for their looks. >.> <.<

There are other twins I love more, though. xP

19. mentat_emre

mentat_emre Well-Known Member

i love everything about them! Nobody messes with the twins:D 

20. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I love the twins and I love Jar Jar Binks. Yes, I just said that last part. :) 

The twins remind me a lot about how my brother and I used to act when we were little. Always beating the shit out of eachother and saying rude shit about certain people. :lol