Your opinion: would G1 Soundwave work with a display of the modern MPE Decepticons?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tycho, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

I am very particular about what Transformers I buy.

I just got MPE Megatron and have him with MPE Starscream and Alt Ravage and Alt Rumble.

Wouldn't the original Soundwave and Laserbeak both be about the perfect size to display with these characters?

I don't think they could improve Soundwave at all for some MPE edition. What? Make him black or gray and put Sony or JVC's logo on him?

IIRC the G1 Soundwave is about the same proportions as modern MPE Starscream. What do you think? Anyone got a picture?

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Soundwave would be a little smaller compared to them. He'd probably fit, but he was always a pretty lanky guy, standing close to the height of Megatron. I agree though, the original was such a well done piece that a Masterpiece could only take the design, make it a little bigger, and perhaps add legs that bend the correct way at the knees and ankles.

3. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think a Masterpiece Soundwave could work. If they made him the same size (in bot mode) as Megatron and Prime, they could make him a standard Cassette player instead of a Micro one. And I'd pay an additiona $10 per figure to see new in scale cassettes made to go with him.

The only thing I'd be a stickler about is that he be made like OP and be more toon acurate instead of looking like a real tape player.

4. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

Soundwave is just a little too small, IMO. They don't look right together.

100% agreed.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yeah Soundwave is WAY to small to fit in with the other Masterpieces. IMO he should be about the same size as Megatron, maybe a little smaller...but definitely taller than Starscream. I'd love a Masterpiece Soundwave.

6. megatrontsm

megatrontsm Active Member

Ebay:
    Well Soundwave when originally released was one of the best designed Transformers in the origional G1 line,and one of the few that closely resembled his cartoon counterpart while in Robot mode. Really all they could do to improve would be to increase his size to roughly the same proportions of say mp Prime add a little more articulation to his arms and legs. But yeah I would love to see a masterpiece Soundwave. while they are at it give us a masterpiece Shockwave as well. Shockwave again like Soundwave, also resembled his cartoon or comic counterpart and while been a fairly large Transformer at roughly 9 inches in height he is still just a little bit too small to be considered a masterpiece. Knowing that all they would have to do is take the origional Shockwave design and increase his size to the same stature as Mp Megatron as well with maybe a litle more articulation in both the arms and legs.

7. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

What Sol Fury said about making Soundwave's knees bend the right way (a way that would be natural for a human being at least - and Soundwave as portrayed in the cartoon), would be a way to go for a MPE.

Now so far the MPEs have been as realistic as they can be. I know Soundwave was traditionally blue, but I would not mind either a very dark blue or a black for a realistic tape deck color (or perhaps silver would work). Since Takara makes these, a JVC logo would be both appropriate and funny.

He could be a little larger than the G1 player and his cassettes could then be realistic size as well (to human scale). That might yield a robot form somewhat on par with the other MPEs.