Your Opinion On The Onslaught Chassis in WFC.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Mar 7, 2012.

?

Is the Onslaught Chassis in WFC Overpowered?

1. No, it's not.

16 vote(s)
    51.6%
  2. No, it's the weakest chassis in the game.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, all Leader Class Chassis are weak.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No. Other Leaders are overpowered but not Onslaught.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes, it is.

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  6. Yes, All Leader Chassis are overpowered.

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Edit2: Thanks for moving it. Sorry.:eek: 

I want to get the gamers of TFWs opinion on the Onslaught Chassis in War for Cybertron. I find it to be the most overpowered chassis in the whole game. I often see someone using it going up against big groups of my team and killing most, if not all of them.

I rarely (if ever) have killed an Onslaught. It just is ridiculously overpowered. It's Ion Blaster is great for both close and ranged combat and its fusion canon has a big blast. Don't even get me started on the Magma frag launcher. It's kill streaks are unfair. Punch and Kill everything lets it kill an opponent in one hit and I find it often leaps at you as if it has dash. Then there's the drop one tracking mine per second for twenty seconds so the enemy can't even move across half the map.

And the weirdest thing is that all the other leader Class chassis' have these weapons and abilities as well. But for some reason the Onslaught chassis has some kind of boost because it's the only one that seems ridiculously overpowered.

I also have trouble playing as Leaders as well for some reason. Maybe I just like thing that specialize in one area. I like the weak but quick Scout and the slow but strong Soldier. The Leader seems to be in between with standard speed and is only slightly weaker than the Soldier but has faster weapons.

That is a problem for me because I can't fight as one but I can't beat one type of them. I can fight (with some trouble) most leaders but Onslaught seems indestructible. Even when I can't fight another type of Leader, usually there's a more skilled player who can but the Onslaught chassis, as stated earlier, just rips through half a team before dying.

So what's your opinion on the Onslaught chassis?

2. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

Wrong forum.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I love using it to go up against groups of a dozen or more players and killing most, if not all of them.

4. soundwaverulls

Wait, how did this end up in the Movie section? I must have forgotten to check what section I was in.:banghead: 

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's been a while (a long while) since I last played this game, but I have to ask: how is his chassis stronger than any other? Aren't all leader's the same, save for the abilities tied to them--is that the question asked, about the abilities?

6. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Yea all the leaders are the same in powers they just look diffrent the only thing is is that onslaught is easier to hit because he is bigger then the other models

7. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Onslaught is broken as hell. Mark Target doesn't work on him and only him.

8. soundwaverulls

They have all the same stuff but for some reason I find that chassis just seems to be stronger and more powerful. At least that's what it seems.

9. Skywarrior

Skywarrior Member

Actually Silverbolt can't be mark in robot mode either. Onslaught and Silverbolt can only be marked while they're in vehicle mode.

10. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While don't find them indestructable at all I do have more trouble killing an Onslaught chassis than I do with other chassis'. I get killed with it just as often as I do with the Soundwave or Optimus or any other leader class chassis though. I'm not sure what HM did with the Onslaught chassis but it is definitly tougher to kill in the right hands. Also I play on XBL that might make a differance in some cases.

11. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    There is absolutely nothing different from this chassis compared to the others, only its unmarkable.

So I don't know what your chatting on about increased damage stuff. The reason you probably get killed by these guys so often is probably because they actually are just better than you.

Think about it, its a DLC chassis, so it's highly unlikely that your going to get a totally crappy new player going of and buying the DLC straight away. They most likely would have spent ages playing the game and got bored from hours of playing it, so they bought the DLC to refresh the game. Meaning the people using that chassis most likely have more experience... not all of them, most of them.....

12. soundwaverulls

That's what I think when I get killed repeatably by a scientist (just to let you know that I acknowledge that some people are better than me). As for the Onslaught, I find it can tear through big groups. When there are Soundwaves helping it, everyone on my team and theirs dies but it will survive most the time. I hope for the sake of fairness I've never been on a team with someone on my team using it and doing so well.

13. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Bulls**t. People of any skill caliber purchase DLC. Even if I sucked at the MP I would still buy the DLC for the sake of the characters. Do you think only the pros buy weapon packs for FPS? Not at all.

14. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Personally, I never noticed any differences in endurance/power as Onslaught, whether i play as him or face him. He's just the same as any other Leader to me.

I do adore his design, though; a nice change from the sea of Soundwaves.

15. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the look is stupid as hell

16. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Onslaughts just a badass. His chassis is really powerful, but not in a bad way like the magma frag launcher. Since all leaders are capable of going the same speed, aerodynamicy isn't a problem so his size can be used as a slight advantage.

17. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Care to elaborate?

18. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

The Leaders are one of the more unbalanced characters in the game. It is not solely Onslaught, however there is a glitch that causes him to not be markable by Scouts.

19. soundwaverulls

Unmarkable. Well that explains a lot. I wondered why I was having such trouble doing that a couple of times. Maybe sometimes I come across someone using that glitch I heard of that makes Leaders indestructible unless you get a headshot with a sniper as well.

If you combine the glitches with Leaders being slightly overpowered and pro gamers kicking ass as him, maybe I just imagine that the Onslaught is overpowered.

20. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Erm I bought the DLC straight when I got the game since I bought WFC quite late and all the DLC was released I bought the DLC....

I also see many players at lvl 0-10 using onslaught