your opinion on the accuracy of animated figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by orionpx, Mar 25, 2009.

?

what is your opinion on the accuracy of animated figures

Poll closed Apr 24, 2009.
  1. worst ever

1.2%
  2. not bad

1.2%
  3. good but not the best

10.5%
  4. some of the best ever

52.3%
  5. best ever

34.9%
  1. orionpx

orionpx Banned

what is your opinion on the accuracy animated figures?

edit: yowza you people are fast

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Megatron,Magnus & Soundwave are the beast ofthe Animated toyline.

3. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

You sig and lack of grammar disturb me.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    They are, for the most part, extremely show accurate. It helps that a good amount of them, if not most, or maybe even all, of them were designed alongside their show models. It'll be interesting to see how show accurate the new toys we get this year are to their show models. Especially Blackout, Rodimus Prime, and any of the other new characters we get.

5. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

They're pretty accurate, all things considered. Its great how creative some of the Transformations have been to acchieve this (Bumblebee, Swindle, to name two off my head) even if some have to sacrifice one of the modes for it (Sentinel having a tiny bot mode, Blitzwing's jet mode)

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I have no idea how they are so show accurate, just amazing design and engineering. We've had super-show-accuracy before, but that's just because the robots on TV were just the toys that moved. Animated is not the same.

7. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

I noticed this with the Cybertron cartoon: Some of the characters (it was especially obvious on Megatron) even had the light piping on the back of their animation models' heads! So the back of Megatron's head, for example, was this huge red part sticking out.

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Which is yet another reason why the UT is disliked, but yeah, I went witht he secon to last option.

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Best ever. The Animated show has such a unique aesthetic, I figured it couldn't possibly be pulled off, yet it was, and to tremendous success. While the series and the toys were developed side by side, allowing for integration of a number of gimmicks. Unlike the UT, which was so slavishly integrated that we practically had giant screws holding figures together and toy mechanics on screen, we have this great balance.

All in all, I can't think of a better line that offered both quality fiction and quality figures.

10. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    That's a very good point.

On TFA, they are designed as characters, where as before it seemed they designed toys and shoehorned characters to fit the toy designs.

What makes the toys impressive to me is that the character designs are so expressive and cartoony, you assume they have to use cheats to make the transformation work. And yet they find a way to make it work in three dimensions. I also think they have better proportions and less kibble than previous transormer shows. Regardless of the alt mode, they're able to make the bot mode as tall, short, muscular or fat as the character needs to be.

My only gripe, and it's one I find baffling, is that many of the headsculpts aren't great. Surely that's the easy part. No compromises need be made. And yet some of them are noticeably off model. Jazz for example, if you compare with the art on the box, his nose is too long. It should be almost level with his cheekbones.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As good as it could get.

12. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

Easy call for me: Best ever.

The toys are astonishingly accurate to the TV show. Granted, we've had show-accurate Transformers toy lines before. But Animated gets bonus points for degree of difficulty. The TV robot modes are so stylized, I am amazed that the toy designers were able to capture their likenesses so perfectly in plastic.

13. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'd say perfect, sizes i agree with inception could have been better, nut overall i love them

14. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I find the figures to be amazing compared to the animation models. They are so close and full of character that I find it easy to overlook the differences. I voted good but not the best. The best have been the UT figures but as has been stated those were toys translated to show not the other way around. There are two different design processes going on.

15. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd rate Animated as probably the best in the area where the cartoon models are not ripped direct from the toys. There's the occasional difference in proportion or chunk of extra kibble (usually ending up around the feet of guys like Swindle and Sentinel Prime), but overall its very good.

Level 1 toy/cartoon accuracy: G1, Beast Machines
    Level 2 toy/cartoon accuracy: Beast Wars
    Level 3 toy/cartoon accuracy: Movie (2007)
    Level 4 toy/cartoon accuracy: Animated, Armada, RiD
    Level 5 toy/cartoon accuracy: Cybertron, Energon (cool! screw-holes in CGI! :)  )

16. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    On the whole, some of the best ever. There were a few things I get why Hasbro did like deluxe SP instead of Voyager, but still can`t get round Lugnut voyager.

The figures really have been great though, Lockdown is a monster from a deluxe toy. Most of the stuff we have seen is getting made too which is cool.

17. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I think the Animated figures are some of the most amazing Transformers ever. They manage to strike the seemingly impossible balance of duplicating the cartoon's stylized lines, but still end up possessing viable transformations (including some pretty clever ones, at that) and great play value.

18. AMG

AMG Old School

Some of the best we've ever seen. I'm still amazed at how accurate some of them are.

19. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    i am pretty surprised bout the accuracy. however they are filled with plenty of 'i wish they put in a little more'. ex: could've covered screws on shockwave. Made soundwave and swindle little taller. jetfire and jetstorm more....cool

20. talkin jibberish

talkin jibberish Well-Known Member

animated is superb accuracy, but i still dont think u'll get close to cybertron series accuracy..they look like they scanned images of the toys and animated them from there