Your Most Disappointing/Worst Game of 2011

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ShiroPrime, Jan 6, 2012.

1. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Should've made this sooner, ah well. I haven't had the displeasure of playing shitty games last year, but if I were to choose games that disappointed me for various reasons, I'd say...

-Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
    -Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

Yours?

2. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    Elaborate.

For me its earth defense force insect Armageddon.

3. AMG

AMG Old School

Brink is the most disappointing 2011 game for me. It had so much potential.

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I gotta say that while I liked it, I agree that Zelda was my biggest disapointment. As for reasoning, the game had some pretty bad writing with lines that didn't make much sense or just didn't read well. Traversing from location via flying was cumbersone and should have had a quick travel option once you've been somewhere. The main environments were over used and for a Zelda felt like there was a general lack of them. The user interface was unintuitive. Fi only served to annoy you via re explaining things. The rest of the game re explained things way too much as well. Bad direction in terms of plot critical elements. Sparse environments in terms of details (not all, but certainly some). Mini games that were just not a lot of fun. The motion controls were touchy and not as needed as much as they were used and the controller got uncentered several times each time I played.

I could go on, but generally all the praise it was getting, with perfect scores everywhere, had me thinking it would at least not have any major standout issues, but I found them all over the place that took away from my enjoyment of the game. There were great things- the dungeons were as good as ever, the sword control was fun, the art style was appealing, and the new tools you find are a blast- but that doesn't help that my expectations were just far from met.

5. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I know that I'm gonna get infinite flack for this. But I just gotta say it...
    Uncharted 3 sorely disappointed me. It just isn't as good as Among Thieves. And while yes, it is a good game. It just didn't live up to the high expectations I had for it. Especially after it was so praised. It just lacked something that the others had.

6. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    Forgot about this game, agreed.

7. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

brink. god what a piece of shit that was. i should have gotten my money back when i had the chance.

8. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Batman Arkham City.

I loved B:AA enough to have purchased it four times (regular 360 - traded, CE 360, GotY 360, GotY PC) but AC just started out so wrong. Once I progressed further into the game and realised I had started with a ton of gadgets it got a little better but I had expected so much more. It didn't help that the game seemed to have specific spots to tell you how to use things or just didn't let you know you had some stuff. I was two hours into the game before it told me what button was counter (which I knew from playing AA), but I didn't know I had some of the gadgets and forgot how to select them until I looked it up. Still a good game but it was pretty disappointing for me.

Also, Assassin's Creed. I can't do those games annually.

9. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    zelda wii and 3ds for me
    i think its getting stale, and ocarina just polished in 3d, eh nah
    traded in, got preorder on mass effect 3 :p 

10. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

BF3 and MW3, but that's just my deteriorating interest for FPS.

Uncharted 3 and InFAMOUS 2 were both slight disappointments, mainly just not being totally as good as or better than their previous installments (Among Theives and InFAMOUS, respectively).

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I find this hard to believe as the counter button is explained before the strike button is. During the intro as Bruce Wayne it prompts you with "Y to counter attack" apon every enemy strike. Hell, the very first button you have to press is counter. You either had a serious glitch or simply weren't paying attention.

As for the gadgets, it doesn't hide them from you either. They're all visible when you select with the D-pad, so unless you never used the D-pad until two hours in... (Something I also have a hard time believing) And most are unlocked as the game progresses, so you actually don't start out with that many. Again, this is hardly hidden from you.

12. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Its not a bad game at all, but I feel its been completely overhyped. It started out great with me hearing Colonel Tigh's voice and having a dragon around. That was pretty awesome. But then you're let into the world and I just am not getting the same joy out of it that I got out of Oblivion. It just feels like it is missing something. For example, it seems that most cities in Skyrim are just smallish groups of straw huts. Contrast that with Oblivion where each city and its surrounding region felt a bit more unique.

Also, Uncharted 3. Once again, not a bad game. It just didnt live up to the incredible Uncharted 2 imo. The storyline took a little too long to get going at the beginning, and parts of the game felt unpolished.

13. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I was fairly disappointed by what I played of Skyward Sword. While previous Zelda games completely immersed me, I feel that this one was trying far too hard to add depth in unnecessary places, and held the player's hand throughout.

14. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Marvel VS Capcom 3. I waited 10 years for this?

I'm sure there's probably a game I can't think of off the bat, but MVC 3 is by and far what pops to my mind. It's also a double offender!

15. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

To be honest? I really...really... think BattleField 3 has been my biggest let down. I play the game to death and enjoy it, but there has been patches to further "balance" the game which I think are unnecessary and it's all because the player community just bitches and moan without realizing the tool's they have at their disposal to use.

That or The Old Republic, nothing is wrong with the game I guess, but I sit there and play the game, and I get the urge to go and play something else.

16. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

Same here, definitely MVC3. I never really got into MVC2 so I was even more excited for this version and lets just say it was a gigantic turd of a fighting game. Just way too many horrible faults to mention and lets not even get into UMVC3 and what a joke that fiasco is.

17. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    ah bf3 and mw3... id say the most dissappointing one is the one that is poorly optimized for pc and ran at 2fps on lowest settings (bf3)
    my contrast mw3 runs on high with 2x aa at 720p on my laptop

18. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    L.A Noire, god I nearly fell asleep playing that game

19. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Uncharted 3 -5 out of 5. Poo.

20. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    MW3