Your most awesome deals.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AutoCon2076, Apr 10, 2010.

1. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Heyah. I'd like to hear stories about some of the most kick-ass fantastical deals any and all of us have ever come across. Be it deals you could acquire or for one reason or another couldn't. I myself have examples from both of these categories.

There was one hella-awesome deal a few years ago that I wish I would have been able to pick up. I was at the Columbus Flea Market in Columbus, NJ, with my father. This was back in like '98 I think. Anyways, I come across a guy selling a MIB complete Jetfire for FOURTEEN DOLLARS. My father was insistent on not getting it, wanting to save the last of his on-hand cash for his liquor.

I found a ToyFare in my backpack with a price-guide that said Jetfire was averaging $175 (as accurate as ToyFare is I guess...). He finally breaks like ten minutes after we left the lot and turns around; we get back and learn that the vendor started packing up after I first left. Yup - he was gone. Anything like this ever happen to you?

On the bright-side I've been able to grab more kick-ass deals than not. Back in '07 I got a four-figure lot: Black Zarak, Metrotitan, Scorponok, and a MIB Ranger - all of them complete for only $700. The fun doesn't stop there - over the past week I've visited a little toy shop down in South Jersey that has some G1 stuff.

[​IMG]
    Devastator Bust (w/box & styro): $30
    Needlenose (complete): $25 (<-- his tail fin alone sells for that!)
    2/3 Firespark guys: $5 & $3
    Crankcase (damn near mint): $5
    Ruckus: $3

Not pictured are some parts I got; six Lio Convoy missiles, God Ginrai's right arm, Energon Starscream's rifle, a Metrotitan micromaster-connector ramp, and a red Tracks decoy for $15. So yeah, those are my 'zomfg awesome' deals. Now I'd like to hear your experiences. Please do share.

~Z

Attached Files:

2. TrukkinMunky

TrukkinMunky Autobot

Ebay:
    I got a tight jointed Classics Hot Rod for 27.50! I thought it was a good deal considering every other one was 60+ (mostly henkei).

3. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    And I'm kinda surprised that the post about $7 Fortress Maximus still hasn't turn up yet. :p 

Edit: Ok, that was meant as a joke so don't come haunting/clobbering me. :tongue: 

For me, a C7 MISB G1 Punch/Counterpunch for approximately USD $2.80!

4. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Free Fort Max!

5. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    £60 for a MIB complete Fort Max.

The guy really thought he was getting the better deal.

6. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MOSC G2 Bumblebee for about £5 in 2007 - he seems to go for £100+ now.

7. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't seen to many lately. My Last smoking deal was MP Grimlock for 115 shipped from Japan. It was good enough considering how much these sold originally.

yeah I know the Hasbro Grimlock is coming but I figured both would cost the same. Considering Hasbro Grimlock is what 70 bucks? Plus tax which in texas is 8.25%, and then gas driving back and forth to TRU because restocks are few and far between so you need to catch it ASAP. That toy is right around 90 bucks now if I go on a day that TRU has Grimlock. Otherwise, I burn more gas.... With importing Grimlock, I get it now and the Jeep sits with a full tank of gas:thumbs2: 

8. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

Found a complete Armada Megatron at a Goodwill for $3.

9. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

My Greatest Deal .....a Lady came into my store and Traded me about 500 dollars worth of G1 figures for a 3/4 size guitar :)  .... I remember there were atleast 6 headmasters 3 targetmasters several autobot cars, a near complete jetfire, Optimus Prime, and a few dozen others .......there were also parts of Fort Max, but no main body, but I got an extra Spike and Cerebro from that whole trade :) 

10. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    15 dollar Masterpiece Prime. Somehow ended up in clearance upon it's immediate release at Wal-Mart

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    GAMES OF DECEPETION = $90 CDN

Thanx
    Transbot90210

12. MrMark

MrMark Minifigure

News Credits:
    I got a Rodimus for free (missing the missile though) last year when i bought Reissue Magnus,New year Prime and Powermasterprime w/Apex armour for £30.00 at a car boot sale.

13. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Is this the place that you speak of? the House of FUN

14. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Does it count that almost all my Japanese G1 figures were bought at retail or less :p  For under $200 I once walked out of my favorite local import shop with:

Artfire
    Road Ceasar
    Deathzaurus
    Landcross
    Metalhawk
    Headmaster Lione
    the 3 Godmaster Engines
    3 Dinoking members &
    Sixturbo

and put Grand Max on layaway :D 

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Complete, near mint Primal Prime for... well, free I guess. (traded for him, but eventually the kid gave me the figures back anyway)

16. MasterpieceMP33

MasterpieceMP33 Well-Known Member

for $2, i got all six 3-pack classic mini-cons MISB on ebay last yr

17. Master_Maximus

Master_Maximus Unicron's Headmaster

My best deal ever was a MISB Gunrunner for $17 American off of eBay in '99, the auction said nothing about it being MISB so a huge surprise when it arrived. Then today at Dairycon I got a complete Energon Prime for $10 American, was expecting to pay at least that much for a junker, all I really needed was to replace the helmet on my old one but for 10 bucks I'll replace the whole thing. I also got the 2003 Target exclusive Dreadwind and Smokejumper for $5, only missing 2 missiles which is unnoticeable in combined jet mode.

18. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    just got a leader bulkhead and megatron for £5. pretty good deal. Funny with my G1 stuff I got it years ago, just before reissues really kicked off. Means that i paid more for guys that have been cheaper recently (like hot rod, perceptor...) yet got guys like Scorponok for bugger all. I did get a great G1 wheeljack for £2 about 4 years ago.When it arrived i the post the guy had thrown in Jazz and Bluestreak for free! Score! Seems like collectors priorities were different back then...

19. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    Managed to get the original release of Masterpiece Prime from TRU due to a computer error for the price of a voyager. And that was when it originally came out. I was freaking excited when I got it and found out it was originally $70.

Another one was when I picked up an Alternators Prowl on Ebay for less than $25 shipped, complete with the red box.

20. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Dude, I can see you winning this thread! :bowdown:  + :lol