Your Memories of Transformers at Christmas!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Brooticus, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Its nearly here guys, and I'm feeling festive! Simply post your favorite Transformers related Christmas memory!

Mine would be getting a Powermaster Prime at the age of about 5. I actually have the unwrapping of it on video. Mum tells me off for trying to open it with all the wrapping paper around because I'd likely lose all the bits. She was probably right.

I distinctly remember playing with it in the evening by the fire, eating skittles and watching Labyrinth. I'd emptied the Skittles into the Polystyrene packaging that was in the box. I think I also got a Pretender Bumblebee and Starscream.

Aaah, happy days...

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Back when Armada was just out, I got in trouble with my parents for some reason and was told quite seriously that the toy I wanted above all else; Armada Optimus Prime (the one with the trailer), would not be under the tree for me this year. Fastfoward to Christmas, and the look on my parent's faces was priceless as I opened up a present to reveal Armada Optimus Prime. Turns out my grandparents never got the memo about me not getting that toy.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I got Scorponok back in Christmas of '87. My brother only got Metroplex!

4. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    Christmas 1984:

[​IMG]

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

^Flap crease! :( 

6. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    Good one - thanks for the laugh!

7. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Ahhh. I remember being desperately in love with the Armada gimmick and designs when I was, what... 9 or 10? Opening up Hotshot and Jolt and the Star Saber on Christmas day still stands strongly in my mind.

It's kind of sad how dumb I was back then. Hotshot, for christ's sake... I later realized Demolisher and Sideways were far superior.

8. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    You got Soundwave and the other kid got Connect Four? I feel bad for him. The least he could've gotten was the tapes. :lol 

9. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    I still remember my first SHOCKWAVE when i was kid(10 yrs old).. i took the thing apart into pieces trying to fix the wires inside..LOL. those were the days..MEMORIES

10. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    Haha - don't feel too bad for him - he got Prime and Sideswipe. They just weren't in the picture.

11. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    My most fond memory was back in 1985 and I had opened a couple of small presents that were the minispies Powerglide and Beachcomber,cute and fun as crap.Then came a big present I started ripping the paper off and HOLY SH** it was Omega Supreme,I played with that sucker for a week str8.That was the single most memorable time of my life as he didn't just transform but was also motorized.I soooooooo miss that time.Thanks Brooticus for starting this thread it really is wonderful to think back that to that time.

12. Insecticon

Insecticon I am a Transformers

Ebay:
    Back in 1996 I had fond memories of getting BW Scorponok, Polar Claw, Blackarachnia, Armordillo, and most importantly, Ultra Megatron! :D  I still have those figures to this day!

13. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I remember the christmas of Overlord. The anticipation, the sense of gratification. I got exactly what I'd wanted (which didn't always happen in our house). That christmas was epic.

I also remember the christmas of Powermaster Optimus Prime.

14. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Christmas 84/85, not sure which year, I got Optimus Prime, Soundwave and Megatron. I quickly broke Megatrons head off :( 

Year or two after that, I asked Santa at the mall for all five Predacons. He delivered. Santa is a badass.

15. Falldown

Falldown Well-Known Member

I can remember being thrilled one Christmas morning to have recieved Predators' Stalker. I couldn't put him down, and he had pretty soon defeated all the Autobots I had at the time. Then we went to Grandma's for lunch, and she gave me Turbomaster Rotorstorm. The battle that followed - at least as I remember it - was pretty epic. Real shame I don't have those two any more.

16. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

man it was 1992?

it was the last gift under the tree and when i opend it it was G2 laser Optimus. i had the G1 reissue with the black trailer and voice box and thought "wow prime got meaner"

i still have it too even though it has seen better days and will not longer stand with out doing a falling over drunk pose. loose thigh joints. i am surprised it has stayed in such relitive decent shape still have most of the weapons the sward is long gone lost when i moved and the air plunger missing is gone and the air plunger broke off. still have the gun. lights no longer work as a battery leaked

17. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    ***G1 Omega Supreme walking down the hall*** :) 

18. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I got a few good ones, and one horrible one that involved Fort Max and decapitation.

I posted it once and was called an exaggerator, so I dont think I want to do so again.

19. Insecticon

Insecticon I am a Transformers

Ebay:
    ***Stomping around the house and spraying BW Megatron's water spray gimmick pretending I'm a choo-choo train***

20. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I remember getting BW Ultra Megatron was pretty awesome!