Your Limit

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, May 2, 2012.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Where do you draw the line, in which "It's just a damn'd toy..." ?

Me? I will never import a Transformer. No matter how awesome it is... never. I am not paying thirty dollars for something we can get in America for seven-ish dollars. Even if it is this "Sweet ass repaint", IE TerrorCon Cliff. Especially seeing as say, the shipping from Japan is outragous, because ontop of paying thirty bucks for said toy... even with sal... I'll range up about to fifty? Screw that noise.

Now, you look at Revenge of the Fallen. Aint. No. Friggen. Way. I. Am. Going. To. Pay. Any. More. Then. Fourty. Bucks. For. A. Leader. Class. Toy.

Seriously, I've seen leader Megs price hike all the way up to 500... 500!!! Aint happening, and I don't know what these scalpers are thinking... because, once upon a time. They where shelfwarming at a nice little price of 25 bucks... Did I take it? Nope. Why? Not really a movie toy fan, though I am upset about it though. Why? Mr.Jetfire... I never saw the guy. Though, there are claims he was all over the city. I still never saw him. But, now if I want to get him? Straight up 300... Really? Friggen really?

This goes for other toys though. Like Kamen Rider. Bandai has this fun little line called Figuarts. They are posable little actionfigures, that come with a couple of accesories here and there... Neat, right? Most of em? Range from 30+, and really scream "This is a toy.", not to say that it isn't. But, it almost does nothing to hide the fact that it is. So, essentially... You have these really cheap expensive figures. But man, god forbid you don't have them, you arn't in the cool collectors club. Screw that noise. SIC? You get two toys for 30 bucks eachs in a twopack, with a plethora of accesories, and it usually hides the fact that it is a toy. And for sixty bucks? That is totally worth it. But, then you look at figuarts... and dudes are breaking the 90 dollar mark, for one figure... Aint no friggen way. I mean, I know Bandai doesn't care, because they will make money either way. But... Really, for what little you get, it's almost like buying a Apple computer compared to a PC.

So, where is your limit? When is a toy, just a damn'd toy?

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Anything over $100 is my limit.

3. crewboy7

crewboy7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish I had your conviction. But sometimes I just gotta have my plastic crack....

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What limit? *snorts plastic crack*

5. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

The highest I paid for one bot was 250$.

Nowadays? I wait for it go on sale.

6. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

If it's not a sunstreaker or a sideswipe I don't go over 100 bucks. I will shell out all kinds of money on a Sideswipe and Sunstreaker though.

7. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    If you want something badly enough you'll pay the price for it. I wanted MP11, so I was more than happy to plunk down the money. And that toy is worth it's weight in gold to me.

8. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    if it's worth the price IMO, i'll buy it (provided i can afford it)

for example: HOS Shockwave is worth $140 IMO. and SDCC Bruticus is worth 100$ to me. i'm a Bruticus fan and not a pro customizer so i can't repaint Brut-aid but i'm willing to pay whatever for the right one.

but $6000 for a fucking G1 shockwave 100% in box grade 90? go f*ck yourself. i got mine for 70 and he was in decent shape. i also don't care what grade it is. doesn't make a difference. or g1 sixshot's guns, i learned they're $20-25...each! hell no. his tank and gun modes will do for weaponry.

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Wait, there's limits?!?

10. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    Generally, $40-50 is my limit. Yeah, I'm cheap.

11. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    I've been waiting for THREE YEARS for the price on those to come down.

It never has. Not once. It's just the same sellers for years trying to get the same prices.

All I want to do is make my G1 Sixshot complete! But I can't justify $50 for both guns.

12. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

60 bucks is my maximum. However I spent 120 on the Protector set, with a RTS Rodimus and a sidearm to boot.

13. crewboy7

crewboy7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Goddamn... Such a nice figure. Never bought third party before.... Pre-ordered today. I sorta feel bad about the cost... but at the same time it's he's so orgasmic I don't even give a single fuck

14. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't buy repaints unless it's of a character a really like (seekers) or it's a black repaint (I'm addicted to black repaints for some reason). This doesn't apply to Botcon figures, though. I usually allocate myself to 3-4 Botcon/TFCC figures a year.

15. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

I don't think I have a line... or a limit...

16. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I thought I was insane to pay for the above since it was only a part. Good thing the guy gave it to me with my purchase of other stuff. I laughed when the fellow board member handed to me in a baggie with his trunk open at WM parking lot. I felt like we were criminals. LOL

17. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    Honestly, online. I see shit for great prices, I tell the person, blah blah blah, I'm about to buy shit, then I see something neat at the store and blow $20 I
    was going to spend on a $30 FE Starscream >.> I'd easily pay that $30 in person, but buying online just feels weird. Like, when the cash in in my hands
    I'm more aware of how much I'm spending. I'm weird.

18. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    If its more than domestic retail then I usually won't buy it.

I won't import stuff unless its significantly cheaper than buying domestically. During Cybertron I bought a ton of Galaxy Force because it was far far cheaper than Hasbro UK prices.

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

About $50 for one figure.

Also, I think somebody named Darkov over in Radicons makes reproduction Sixshot guns at $9 a pop before shipping, which isn't that much to tack on really.

20. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    For me I try to limit myself to no more than $100 for a G1 figure, depending on who it is. As far as imports from Japan, only if I know for a fact that said figure will not be released in the US, and it's a character I like.