Your kids and G1

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mega-con, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    So, do any of you have kids that enjoy G1?

I swear I felt a single tear running down my cheek when I snapped this with my iPhone.

[​IMG]

2. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

get that poor kid a chair! i have 2 boys ( three and four years old ) and they really like transformers but they would still take whatever is on nick jr first. nobodys perfect

3. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    There is a Spider-Man chair behind him just barely in the picture. It's his call.

My kid hates commercials. He gets pissed, actually. We play a lot of DVD at home. LOL

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    My kids didn't really like what they saw of the Sunbow cartoon. They love playing with my G1 toys, however, and are fascinated whenever I tell them stories from the Marvel comics regarding said characters.

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    That's pretty cool! I know there a lot of collectors who watch Animated with the kids. But first thing's first for me, gotta knock up the wife.

Got the DVDs ready to go once that happens!

6. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    LMAO

I just remember being in that same position on the floor back in 1984 watching Transformers. He's two years younger than I was, but still seeing that takes me back. Good times.

7. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

don't have kids, and don't really plan to.
    my younger brother, who's 14, loves anything transformers though. we've watched the 86 movie together multiple times, the 2007 movie, animated, and most recently G1. we like to laugh at the QUALITY moments, but it's fun seeing him compare older iterations of characters to their newer ones.
    I always think it's so cute seeing how people's kids react to G1 and it's characters. It really shows how timeless and iconic the show is, even with it's not-so-good animation.
    I'm still reeling from that Mighty Muggs optimus thread last night. that was cute overload.

8. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My 4/5 year old LOVE G1, and Animated..G1 More because when he head's to Dad's toy room he heads right for G1 Magnus, Powermaster Prime, Galvatron and Tripticon.

9. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    Nice.

Since my son is 2 years and 9 months I'm only spoon-feeding him a little G1. I don't want him to get tired of it. His attention span is really as short as his pinky. For him to have watched two whole episodes really made me proud. LOL

Oh, the funniest part was that for an hour after he said everything in his best Frank Welker's Megatron voice. Hahahaha

10. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    My son luvs G1, He would for sure win a under 10 trivia and even do well against grown ups lol...

11. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

About a month ago I threw in "More Than Meets The Eye" part 1. I wanted to see if my 3-year-old daughter would even watch the 1st episode for more than 30 seconds. To my surprise, she actually liked watching the episode. But the single tear came when Soundwave's first lines were spoken, and she pointed to the TV with a big smile and said "Daddy, I likey that one."

12. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:

Hahahahaha

So awesome.

13. Blackabar

Blackabar Miserable glitches...

My 5 year old daughter is heavily into Transformers. She likes G1 and Animated the best.

For Christmas she asked for Ultra Magnus. I told her I was fine sharing my Animated Magnus with her any time she wanted (we share frequently). She then pointed in my display case at G1 Magnus. I told her that they hadn’t made him for a good many years and that I didn’t think I could find one for her. She said, “That’s OK, Santa can make one.”

-Sigh-

So I did find a reissue Magnus online somewhere and got it for her.

When she opened it she just stopped and stared at it. Then she looked at me and said, almost in a whisper, “This is exactly what I wanted. How did he know?”

I think she likes him for his selflessness. She really likes the episode where he shields wheelie with his body during combat and Wheelie and Daniel go to find his birthdate.

14. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

My kids love G1 too.They have watched the movie so much.I can put in the soundtrack and just by the song,they know what part of the movie it is.My little girl loves the "HotRod song" the one with him and daneil heading to see the shuttle come in. Now if i put in Voltron,they are so quiet,its like i don't even have kids.

15. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    My boy loved G1 until about 6. Now 9, he thinks transformers are for babies because that is what his friend say TF Animated looks like (not me). The cool thing right now is Lego power miners, but we also are making our way through He-Man and the masters of the universe (80's).

The best fun with TF we had was when superlink was on. We used to shout out all the ridiculous stuff like "grand-o convoy soopo modo" etc.

16. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

His freind is foolish!

17. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    I need to try the Voltron "trick."

Yeah. Doesn't the Bible say that bad associations spoil useful habits, or something to that effect?

18. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    My son really likes animated, and will occasionally toss in the g1 movie. He hasn't shown much interest in the g1 series though. He does like some of the toys though.

My youngest daughter will watch anything with bumblebee in it. She's even got a pair of Bumblebee boxers.

19. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    See, my son just doesn't seem to be into Animated at all. I really tried, but he'd rather watch SpongeBob. On one hand, I'm glad. I don't really like Animated. I just hope this G1 interest continues.

(By the way, the other doesn't have a point.)

20. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

My 3 Year Old Loves ALL the TF series! :D