Customs: YOUR input on my next custom...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by jon5000, Aug 9, 2009.

?

Okay, I've narrowed it down to two... both equally cool, but which is best?

1. B-24 Liberator

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Union Pacific 'Big Boy' Train

21 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. jon5000

jon5000 Tea-Drinker

Okay... I'm going back to the idea of Ultra Magnus as a name now. Just seems to fit so well with the Big Boy frame.

And the name means, in Latin, 'Beyond Big.' Sooo apt. I mean compared to other movie-'formers he'd be huuuuge.

2. WheelJacksWrkShp

WheelJacksWrkShp Here goes nothin'

After watching the move last night it eludes to seekers being both Autobot and Decepticon. Wheelie was not specific as to what they were looking for and everyone seemed shocked that it was a Decepticon. In the beginning there were only Primes till the Fallen created the Decepticon faction. That's when bots started taking sides and I would be willing to bet that there were just as many Decepticons as there were Autobot seekers.

Anyway, Ultra Magnus would be an awesome setup for the Steam Engine. His character already matches some of the description from the other guys suggested bio concept.

3. Seansy

Seansy Me Grimlock say Go Do One

Ebay:
    b24 for lugnut!

4. jon5000

jon5000 Tea-Drinker

Ok, with your influence, I've decided that he's going to be a Union Pacific Big Boy called Ultra Magnus. Latin for 'Beyond Big', so apt. for this kind of locomotive.

Now, the hard part begins. What should he look like?? His vehicle mode is essentially a sausage, so how should that contort into a robot form? I'm thinking the cowcatcher would be very cool as a beard!

Argh, I'm going to draw up some sketches and stick them on here. Any suggestions in the meantime would be ace!

Thanks guys!

5. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

Hmm, from looking at the photo it'd seem fitting to have the tender making up the arms and all the under carriage stuff forming the legs. It's a little vague, but I'm sure something could be figured out from that. :) 

6. jon5000

jon5000 Tea-Drinker

Okay, gonna try this one out on here before I take it any further in the design stage...

What about, for his robot form, a more dragon-like shape?

I know it doesn't necessarily fit the Ultra Magnus name very well, but I'm really into the idea of having the main boiler kind of arch over, allowing the head to be the front of the train. So, he'd kind of be like Jetfire, I suppose - the way the fuselage of the SR-71 kind of arches over, with the panels folding over eachother - but his neck would, obviously, be a lot more protruding.

Like this:
    [​IMG]

7. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

I like that alot, it suits the alt mode very well (though personally I think Omega Supreme as a name suits that appearance more). But yeah, it'd be cool to see something along those lines that incorperates the appearance of the train into the robot more. :) 

8. jon5000

jon5000 Tea-Drinker

Also, I've found the perfect head for him...

The streamlined/deco look suits a train-former so well, I think!

[​IMG]

9. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    im good at drawing robot modes, but there is no scaner in this house, the camera cant take pics of it, and im getting a bamboo fun in OCTOBER. i would love to draw a mode for that guy....

10. jon5000

jon5000 Tea-Drinker

Be my guest!

As you can see, I can't lol.

For me kitbashing is kind of my design process - I sort of start out with a rough idea and then, while configuring where bits go etc., I get some interesting results. Kind of like how they went about designing the Batmobile in Batman Begins.

But, yeah, would be awesome if you or anybody else for that matter fancies a go at sketching up a bot mode for this guy! Always nice to have some other influence/input as I go along...

11. jon5000

jon5000 Tea-Drinker

OK, I think I've made sufficient enough progress to call this a W.I.P, so I'm going to start a thread in the main customs section.

So post there now, anyone with interest/feedback etc.

12. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    heres the progress im making in paint,

Attached Files: