YOUR IDW Prowl Judgement ***SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by CVprowl, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Sockie

Sockie Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    It's not like there's anything indicating that's all Jazz is going to do for the rest of the series. Guys like Bluestreak and Warpath hadn't done much in the book, but they had a pretty large role in #13.

2. Pcm979

Pcm979 Some Guy

I'll turn the question around for you: How are they going to keep things running with him if he's going to ignore and manipulate his superiors and help instigate a civil war to prove a point?

I don't care how good he is. If he's willing to sacrifice freedom and democracy for 'security'- which is exactly what turns well-intentioned people into fascists in the real world- then he's not the best person for the job.

Incidentally, I don't trust his account of how important he is to be the objective truth.

3. fryguy81

fryguy81 Rungover

Ebay:
    I think this whole thing is designed to unite the NAILs with the Autobots against the Decepticons. Prowl knows that they are undermanned defense and offense wise, he knows the perception of Bumblebee is that he is weak and ineffectual leader, and he knows that they cannot survive a two pronged attack.

He needs to get rid of the 'Cons and the threat they pose, but he can only do it in a way that doesn't make them seem like a persecuted group that are being massacred and victimized. That would only lead to the NAILs coming to the Decepticons aid and destroying the work of the Autobots. So what does he do? (as I said in another thread)

He works to make the NAILs into Autobots. How? He seemingly starts killing the leaders and higher ups in the Decepticon group, uses Dirge's unfortunate accident of witnessing one of the "executions" and spreading that dissent and whipping the 'Cons into a frenzy. All he needed was the blasting cap to get the 'Cons to explode and that's why he needed Megatron. A weakened, weaponless Megatron mind. Build the "dead" 'Cons new bodies, with some fail-safes thrown in, and set the remaining 'Cons on the lose to terrorize and raze the town. Show the NAILs how dangerous they really are and in so doing turn them against the Decepticons, unite them under MEtalHawk who will make a stand with Bumblebee (he was already doing that a few pages before the big Prowl reveal) and destroy the menace once and for all. Threat over, NAILs united with the Autobots. Either Bee or MetalHawk take the election and Iacon is safe.

Prowl will take his lumps, if he loses his position; so what? The threat is gone.

at least that's what I see the chess player doing.

4. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I wanted to see what happens if Starscream wins the election.

Dealing with a conflict is much more interesting to the reader than seeing a conflict prevented.

But now with the past two issues, seeing a world where Starscream in command wouldn't really work out since Megatron returned.

5. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whatever happens with Prowl, I know it's gonna be a great read. Whether he dies, is exiled, is imprisoned, becomes a dictator....it all offers opportunities for some great story telling.

The next issue is too far away!

6. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A lot of people think this, but there's a BIG problem: this plan would be more successful, not less, if the Decepticon leaders stayed dead.

Also, these "fail safes" would basically have to amount to "Prowl is mind-controlling every Decepticon" and that would just be really lame and well outside of what he could accomplish on his own. Or it could be a physical fail safe if the early part of RiD wasn't about how laughably easy the 'cons found it to work around those and incite mayhem.

Someone besides Prowl stands to benefit here, someone who knows what they're doing. Prowl could have fallen on his sword for Bumblebee's benefit in a much safer and saner way.

7. fryguy81

fryguy81 Rungover

Ebay:
    I was going more for what Prowl had in mind as to what the outcome would most likely be. I'd absolutely love and bank on Starscream doing something that makes him a hero in the eyes of the NAILs and winding taking the election. Absolutely great drama and plot potential.

Why would Prowl be willing to fall on the sword; there is no logic in that (from Prowl's point of view at least). He's the one who has been fomenting the discord and causing the Decepticons to get crazier.

8. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Isn't the whole point of these crazy "Prowl builds all the 'cons into juggernauts, ???, the Autobots win the war (again), profit" plans is Prowl somehow sacrificing himself for peace and order?

9. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

but isnt starscream supposed to come out on top of all this? or was that metrotitan trippin?

10. lodestar21

lodestar21 Active Member

Maybe in the future, but not right now.

11. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

As far as the Metrotitan's prediction for Starscream goes... We have to remember that Barber and Roberts both start to plant the seeds for future plots very early. We might not see Starscream's rise to power for another 2 story arcs as far as we know. It might not happen until 2014 when the comic is in the late 20's. Then again, it might not even happen at all.

12. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

At least very effed up. Apparently, Soundwave's superpower of being a walking detector of strange frequencies and noises was MIA.

The way I feel about Prowl and Arcee is the way I feel about Batman. If everybody else has to be written as stupid in order for them to come off as smart, it's not a good characterization. And thus far, ALL of their opponents have been devoid of the skills and intelligence that tend to define THEM as characters.

13. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Depending on the explanation for the big reveal in RiD #13, it could turn out that some of those smarter characters like Soundwave and Shockwave were working with Prowl. I too would have been very disappointed if they were both outsmarted and defeated as easily as was shown in RiD #11.

14. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

There was also Ratbat and the Decepticon soldiers that pretty much sucked at being Decepticon soldiers when it came to protecting their leader.

Also, I was pretty disappointed that a freaking explosion was outsmarted by a sword! :D 

Really Arcee? You brought your swords to deflect the explosion? You're such the tactician. You must have spent forever preparing for this moment in the equipment locker.

"Let's see...what do I have that's good for blocking explosions...there's some shields, some forcefields...oh hey, look, the same damn swords I carry with me all the time, THE PERFECT DEFENSE AGAINST BLOWING UP!! And now I have a wry comment prepared in case the Decepticons ask why I have the same damn swords I carry with me all the time."

15. Arbiter

Arbiter Active Member

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that thought they oversold Arcee when she got the drop on Soundwave and Ravage. Honestly there should be very few if any people that can match Soundwave and co at espionage, even fewer that are actually better than him.

I'm guessing that if Prowl hasn't gone full out darkside they're going to make it he's being controlled by Bombshell via cerebro circuit but I genuinely doubt that.

16. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    personally i think Starscream's role as the Conqueror will come into play after this Megatron rising arc, Prowl is playing the decepticons in an attempt to remove Megatron from the equation, and once the dust settles the Galactic Council we saw in MTMTE annual will start a war with Cybertron, and Starscream will step up as the wartime general of autobots, remaining decepticons, and nails.

17. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    A random thought occurred to me today.

During the previous ongoing, prior to Optimus' group of Autobots departing Earth, Prowl had a private conversation with Megatron -- the majority of which we still have not been privvy too. When Prime asked Prowl how it went, I think he simply replied with, "I got what I needed."

I wonder if that conversation is going to come into play in upcoming events, given the way RiD #13 closed. It wouldn't be the first time Barber has tapped the previous ongoing for motivation for Prowl.

18. rung for life

rung for life designer

^ that's exactly what i thought but maybe it was something about the whole chaos thing... because prowl told prime what he had... right?

if not, it's definitely connected.

19. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

ive been thinking about that conversation for weeks... :sly:  hmmm...

20. ss4steve

ss4steve Rogue Phase Sixer

I like that idea. The question then comes to "how" do Megs and Starscream's rivals get removed from the equasion. THAT and how does Starscream manage to rally the confidence of the citizens of Cybertron under his leadership.