YOUR IDW Prowl Judgement ***SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by CVprowl, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megatron's primary motivation is also to end the war.

Well more accurately, to end war.

And the ends justify the means. After all, whatever happens behind the scenes won't matter once the goals are accomplished. Both of them believe that.

2. Pcm979

Pcm979 Some Guy

This may be obvious, but I think it's worth stating: The fact that we're having fairly complex moral arguments about a dude who turns into a talking police car is itself a sign that something's being done right here.

3. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This. So much this.

4. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Prowl is so fascinating now. He's like an Autobot version of G1 Marvel comics Shockwave. Forgive me, but since this is a thread about how we feel about Prowl, let me copy and paste what I wrote in the RiD #13 thread:

My guess is that Prowl is similar to the Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3. It looks like Prowl has been mentoring Bumblebee in how to be an Autobot leader and actually has Bee's best interests in mind. Perhaps Prowl "killed" Bombshell, the Constructicons, Shockwave, etc because his only way to recruit Decepticons was to rebuild them and deliver some kind of pitch while they were being rebuilt and helpless; he couldn't exactly knock on their doors and talk to them. Essentially, the same process Robocop was "recruited" by OCP. Perhaps Prowl wants to be seen as a traitor and empower these Decepticons so that the NAILs can see how stupid their pacifism is, and how evil the Decepticons are, thus assuring Bumblebee's victory in the election.

My theory (of which I have no proof, just fun guesswork) would confirm Prowl's unwavering confidence that Bumblebee would win the election. My guess is that Arcee is taking Dirge and Swindle to Bumblebee so they can rat out Prowl, thus showing Bumblebee that he has to toughen up his rule as Autobot leader and show more overt ruthlessness so that future Prowls are unnecessary.

Just my guess.

5. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally had a chance to read this last night. Holy crap! How can both of these ongoings keep topping each other like this? How long will The Golden Age last?!

I love Prowl.

6. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

forget it...

7. lodestar21

lodestar21 Active Member

Why'd this thread die?

Anyway, who's betting we'll get a Prowl miniseries somewhere along the line? That is the only logical conclusion.

I'm still hoping that if he does die, it'll be a huge fakeout. By him or someone who sympathizes I don't care. Then he hooks up with the Circle of Light or what's left of them. Then he ditches his old gear and gets retooled into Ninja Prowl like in Animated. His Master can be Yoketron.

He'll turn back into a prick but at least he's a Ninja Prick.

...I'm just sick of Prowl dying again.

8. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    I don't see Prowl actually dying at the end of this. He might end up stripped of his rank or in prison by the time it all plays out, but I really don't see him dead. He might WANT to die at the end, to get whatever ideals he wants pressed, but I see it backfiring in the end if he tries, and him getting saved.

9. Gridlock1987

Gridlock1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Translation: It's the fact, that Prowl is not personality-less G1 cartoon goody-good Autobot, that Sideswipe80 hates. It's just outside his comfort zone.

10. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Prowl wasn't in the cartoon all that much. His personality was pretty bland and almost generic. This new Prowl is a lot more interesting and is probably the sole reason we look forward to each new issue of RiD. RiD without Prowl would be a terrible comic.

I don't want to see anything happen to him. Taking Prowl out of the comic would be a bad move. Whatever happens, the comic should keep its focus on Prowl (alive).

11. Pcm979

Pcm979 Some Guy

Please define 'anything'.

12. lodestar21

lodestar21 Active Member

You want Prowl kept alive in prison? Nobody's going to forgive him for the shit he pulled, he doesn't have any friends. A few maybe, but the unholy amount of backstabbing he does, even for the greater good, demands compensation.

And if by some twist of fate he manages to Houdini himself out of this, what would he do? He said he wanted to leave Cybertron before but we don't know what he'd end up doing after that.

I can see Barber taking the easy way out and have Prowl kill himself for the greater good. But if he keeps Prowl alive he better have a good reason other than giving Prowl endless suffering and misery.

13. Pcm979

Pcm979 Some Guy

Or having him get away scott free.

That's why I asked for Bass X0 to define 'anything'. Because if literally 'nothing' happens to Prowl that would mean that after this stunt he'd keep his job, his respect and his attitude with no changes. Er, no. Something has to change in light of these events.

14. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I can totally see them exiling Prowl off world and forbiding him from ever comming back to Cybertron.

Then he can join the Lost Light :D 

15. lodestar21

lodestar21 Active Member

Scott free? Now that would be a twist. I don't know how they'd pull it off though. Hmm...

16. Pcm979

Pcm979 Some Guy

Yeah, 'respect' was the wrong word. 'Trust' is better- and before you say they don't trust him, they trust him enough to give him the job of second-in-command/intel chief.

17. Sockie

Sockie Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    That's a pretty silly comment, as RiD would have a completely different story without Prowl.

18. lodestar21

lodestar21 Active Member

Don't know why I edited my comment.

Judging by how Prowl described the rest of his officers in AHM they would literally be lost without him. And since he's the Autobot secretary how are they going to keep things running without him?

Wait a sec. Jazz is the de facto second in command when Prowl is gone or when the situation calls for it right? Think he'll step up?

19. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Well Jazz really hasn't done shit in the IDW universe at lage except for killing that one human. I wish we got a little more of him.

20. lodestar21

lodestar21 Active Member

Its kinda weird. Why would Barber want Jazz just to stick him in the bar and have two lines? Unless Roberts didn't want him which would mean so many unwanted implications.