Your Ideal Transformers Game

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by JJohnson, May 26, 2011.

1. JJohnson

JJohnson Well-Known Member

Just as a thought experiment, what would your ideal transformers game be? Which system would it be on? Which characters would be present? Which game engine?

I would go with a straight-out Generation 1 game, X-Box 360 / PS3, using the War for Cybertron engine. It would start out with all the season 1 bots and cons, with both Cybertron and Earth modes. The first level for the Autobot campaign would be to steal enough energy to launch the Ark, and the Decepticon would be to get recon on where the Autobots are going. Next level would be either Autobots or Decepticons, on Earth, trying to battle the other side, similar to the first episode / movie, then moving out to introducing Devastator and Omega Supreme and the Dinobots. There would be multiplayer, along with custom bots/cons based on a vehicle mode, a transformation style (Prowl-like, Jazz-like, Sideswipe-like, Starscream-like, Prime-like), and a Robot mode.

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I would like an MMO, mixing the gameplay of WFC and ROTF: The Game and adapting it to an MMO, also adding a bit of a "Star Wars" feel, with you being able to travel through various planets in the the galaxy [but primarily focused on Cybertron and Earth], as an Autobot, a Decepticon, or as a Bounty Hunter [Like Lockdown or Death's Head].

Set in a completely different universe from other TF series [so we can have a clear path for the story], but mirroring concepts from other Transformers Franchises.

Maybe having the feature of you being able to record the voice for your character and play with it, just to add some flavor.

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Honestly?

I'd have to go for a online only game, players split over two teams, bots and cons.

Levels are to be highly populated human cities, with one or two sources of energon, depending on the size of the map.

Cons have to steal the Energon, Bots have to prevent this.

Every player has control of a robot that transforms into a vehicle. Vehicles have no armament but move quickly, robots have guns, melee and can jump, but move slower. Robots are customisable however you like for look, vehicles are from a limited set, simply because they're meant to be a disguise.

Every player has a radar that only picks up robots (ie, players disguised as vehicles don't show up on the radar) or if that player has is carrying any energon.

If you are carrying energon, apart from the fact you light up like a christmas tree on radar you are also prone to exploding if you are hit too many times.

Cons steal energon and try to make it back to their drop off point (their spawn point, which is not shown to the Bots at the start of the round), bots must prevent this by stealing energon back to the energon hub.

End of the round, points are tallied winner get to insult the losers.

System on 360, because LIVE setup is much easier for group parties. All I've really done here is mix Counterstrike and Assassins Creed Brotherhood together with Transformers sprinkled on top.

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  4. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

L.A. Noire, but with Nightbeat as the protagonist.

5. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    Most of the base gameplay elements of Planetside would make an interesting Transformers game. Persistant large population world (or worlds as could be the case), rank and command structure with commanders unlocking squad and platoon abilities, objective based multiplayer focus over bases and recon towers (could add energon mining operations as well).

For anyone that ever played Planetside, imagine you have a squad. You decide to take a space bridge to a contested world to fight for a command outpost and energon mining facility. Instead of pulling out a Galaxy Transport, one member chooses a Transport/Support mode ala Stratosphere from RotF. The squad loads into him and you fly through the space bridge to the front lines. The squad hot-drops from the transport while the transport himself either lands and sets up a field repair base or turns into a mobile artillery platform (Konig Monster style).

6. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wild card:

First or third person. Assault-type, asymmetrical map. DotA-like RPG elements and allied NPCs.

7. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I'd like something like WFC, but with more G1 characters and set on Earth - call it War for Earth :) 

Those big tank guys in WFC? Would be cool to see a re-skin as Bruticus or something - could be cool :) 

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    WFC engine applied to a Guild Wars type MMO with a Champions Online-esque character customization element.

Fight in a war for control over points (PvP) while also completing smaller objectives (PvE).

PvP zones would be huge with as many players as possible (100+?) with multiple objectives to secure. PvE zones would be more traditional MMOish.

It would take place on several different planets but the focus would be on Earth and Cybertron with complete level paths focusing on either planet. (I want to play solely on Cybertron but I know I'm a minority.)

Now if only I had the $60 million to make it...

9. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

I had this idea a long time ago and I still think it would be awesome. Make a 100% g1 based game similar to the Metroid Prime gamecube games. First person view when in bot mode and switch to third person when in alt mode just like how they did it with samus' morph ball. Even all the scanning, targeting, etc thatwere in that game would work perfectly in a tf's game imo.

First game would be based on cybertron and the sequel would be based on earth. For those who played thse Metroid games, remember how epic the boss fights were? Now imagine how sick it would be in the g1 universe.

10. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    War for Cybertron 2. Basically a better version of the last game.:D 

11. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A good one.

12. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A Transformers RPG set on Cybertron in the early days of the war would be amazing.

13. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Oh dayum. DO WANT!! :D 
    Someone contact BioWare plz.

14. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    wfc but it a beast wars prequel!

15. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, WFC is the ideal TF game in my opinion. Just add some more characters, some more maps, fix the online a lil bit (host migration) and it would be perfect.

16. Sideways77

Sideways77 some garbage is okay

News Credits:
    I want an arena fighting type TF game, with the Movie characters, Animated characters, or Prime characters.

Sorta like Mortal Kombat, exept with not heads being ripped off. Okay, maybe Megatron can do that.

17. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fixed.

18. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Bah, I'm working on my own Transformers Game proposal.

But I want a TF game to have Sly Cooper 2/3 mission setup.

Character-wise, I'm not sure. Still working on that, but I wouldn't go with a lot of 1984 dudes. I choose from all years.

19. JJohnson

JJohnson Well-Known Member

As an expanded idea:

-online multliplayer, 1, 2, 4, 8, or 16 as one team or opposing teams
    -play as any classic G1 character in multiplayer, or as your own character.
    -multiplayer has survivor, capture the flag, hi-score mode (similar to RE5 Mercenaries, get as high a score as possible)
    -large city maps for multiplayer.

-Custom Transformers can be autobot or decepticon, and you choose your transformation style (like Jazz, Prowl, Breakdown, Starscream, Sideswipe, Drift, etc. so that if you want the hood to split open and become your shoulders, or become the chestplate, etc.)
    -Customs can choose a special ability - teleport, cloak, glass gun, etc. along with name, color scheme, face (if I recall, there were three or so basic face-types with different helmets

-in-game stealth is important to avoid human panic as an Autobot. Vehicle mode masks you from enemy radar, unless you 'partially transform' like the 3rd movie's 'mech-tech' with a vehicle battle mode, which makes you show partially on radar, but you can't get a fix unless you visually see the bot.
    -Soundwave's missions include spying and controlling Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw to extract information from Autobots and humans.
    -Seeker missions involve aerial combat with human forces and ground Autobots

-DLC would include the Omnibots, Clampdown, Deep Cover, Tigertrack, Sunstorm, Acid Storm, Hauler, Garboil, Howlback

20. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    A giant fighting game with the simplified controls of MvC3 and the cast size of MvC2.

God. Damn. Yes.