your ideal group shots

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by supernova222, Apr 17, 2012.

1. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what are some epic group shots that there could have been in the series or movies that you would want to see.

mine are:
    beast wars-all season 1 predacons
    armada-megatron, starscream, demolisher, cyclonus
    armada-all decepticons
    2007 movie-megatron, starscream, blackout, barricade, frenzy
    animated-megatron, starscream, starscream clone army
    ROTF-new autobots
    ROTF-megatron, starscream, soundwave
    ROTF-all autobots in egypt
    ROTF-battle damaged autobots at end
    WFC-megatron, starscream, soundwave in trypticon
    DOTM-megatron, sentinal, starscream, soundwave, and shockwave
    prime-megatron, starscream, soundwave, flanked by 2 or 3 vehicons

what are yours

recently found this ine hubworls so its one down
    [​IMG]

2. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this is kinda what im talking about with the ROTF one, was this so hard for the makers to do???

Attached Files:

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Prime Arcee, Tailgate and Cliffjumper, in the style of those Movieverse CGI shots, with a white backgound.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    A lot of the G1 toys' back-of-the-box-art is pretty amazing. I particularly love that one featuring Powermaster Optimus Prime, Skullgrin and Landmine, among a few other TFs who were battling it out in that scene.

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

G1: Galvatron, Cyclonus, Soundwave, Ravage, Shockwave, Triggerhappy, Missfire, Slugslinger, Devastator and Trypticon.

G1: Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Prowl, Ironhide, Warpath, Ironhide, Ratchet, Superion and Metroplex.

BW: Megatron body 1, Inferno, Scorponok, TM Tarantulas and Rampage.

BW: Optimus Primal body 1, Depth Charge, Dinobot, Airazor and Tigertron.

BM: Srika, Obsidian, Thrust and tankor/Rhinoks.

Energon: Megatron, Demolisher body 1, Starscream, Shockblast, Tidalwave, Bruticus Maximus and Contructicon Maximus.

Energon: Optimus Prime, Jetfire, Inferno, Team Rodimus, Superion Maximus and Omega Supreme.

Movies: Dreads and Barricade.

Movies TF1 Decepticons.

Movies: ROTF Megatron, TF1 Starscream, Shockwave, TF1 Brawl, Barricade, Mixmaster, Longhaul, Demolisher, Devastator and Dreads.

Movies: TF1 Autobots.

Movies DOTM Autobots.

Animated: Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Ratchet, Prowl, Jazz and Omega Supreme.

Animated: Megatron, Lugnut, Blitzwing, Shockwave, Strika, Cyclonus and Blackout.

6. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    For that quality^? No. :lol  But for actual ILM-level quality? Yes. It would be lots of hours of dozens of artists doing their best work.

Don't blame "the makers". Blame the rushed and poorly executed production. Heck, since shots like these get passed between the hands (computers) of dozens of different artists in many different positions, they don't really have a say in what characters appear where. They are told what character to add where. Obviously they were told to "animate Ratchet, Ironhide and Sideswipe rolling into the shot". It's someone else's fault that Arcee and Jolt weren't mentioned (again, the hastened production). They haven't seen the script. They have (relatively) little idea of what the movie as a whole, or even an entire sequence will play out like. Obviously they have enough information to go on in order to do their job, but why should they question it? Should they question their supervisor with every. single. shot. they're delivered? "Are we sure that every random robot character involved in this scene is visible for this shot?" No. Not to demean them (because I want to be one of "them" someday), but they're only one employee doing their one little job. You can't blame animator #21 for not noticing that Jolt should be in sequence X. You can't get angry and compositor #40 for not questioning where Arcee is. So don't get upset with "the makers". </angryILMfan>

7. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    agreed, u make a good argument, so i am pissed at the producers

8. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Yeah, sorry if I got a bit angsty. :eek:  It's basically a team-effort to blame here. Your example (amongst numerous others throughout RotF) are the kinds of things that the director, editor, VFX supervisor and even director of photography should've noticed. But alas, they didn't. :( 

But I do agree with you on your original point. That could've been a really great group shot had the others been seen. :) 

I would've liked to have seen a more epic group shot of the Autobots before they get exiled in DotM. All of them standing there all fore-lone and whatnot, saying their goodbyes. Basically with the whole "Why has it come to this?"-feeling.

9. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i did just find this on hubworls so i guess thats one down
    [​IMG]

10. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    dkr7 posted some awesome G1 S1 poster group shots in his collection thread a while back:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pure win.

11. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Soundwave looks like an angle of death, man.

12. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Energon Galvatron, Demolishor (body 1), Cyclonus, Tidal Wave, Starscream (Energon-upgrade version), Shockblast, and Six Shot

Cybertron Optimus, Hot Shot (first body), Red Alert (first body), Scattorshot (second body), Jetfire, Wing Saber, Crosswise, Override, and Vector Prime