Your Honest "Steal" Purchase

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MPrime10, Jul 10, 2011.

1. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

Do you ever go to a store looking to buy a Leader with $45 and walk out with a Leader and $20? Ever go to the register with a $10 toy and the clerk messes up the price so bad u walk out with the toy and $7? Thumbs up if u go back to correct the price, but they kept the price the same. Anyways, here is where you report a huge honest "steal".

Me, I wanted a $20 figure, but the guy accidentally got $200 on the screen somehow. So he tried to correct it and $2 showed up. i tried to tell him but he insisted it was $2. I walked out with the figure, some snacks, a drink and i still had a bunch of cash left from the honest "steal"

So its time for you you to report yours. Also tell us your finds on online deals. id like a Leader 'Hide for 27.99

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope. Closest I've had to anything like that was getting a Legends movie Megatron, went under the scanner for like $50, but they changed it to $5 or something

3. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    Maybe $20 on a super clearanced Cybertron Primus at Walmart.

Botcon '09 Skyquake for $35 (eBay)

Some people ended up getting animated "True Colors" Shockwave and Sunstorm for $2 didn't they? I wasn't one of them but I remember being extrememly jelly.

G1 Pretender Landmine $12 (eBay)

That's all I can think of right now. In other words, those are the only figures in my direct line of sight that I got deals on. Maybe a quick look at my shelves could refresh my memory.

4. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True story, scored a TFCC Skyfall like 3 months ago for $7 on another trading site. Guy had pics of a bunch of figs, and I saw him in the mix. I was like, hey how much for the red and blue plane? He said "ummmm, $7 shipped sound fair?" My reply... "Sure does". I damn near waited by the mailbox everyday until he arrived. And when he did, I skipped back to my house with the final piece to my Nexus Prime.

end of story. lol

5. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I scored an RTS Jazz for like...what? $3 or something? Similarly....an RTS Wreck Gar for $5 or 7 at a local grocery store only because they didn't have them on file so they just gave em to me :D  Then I turned around and gave it to fellow board members who were looking for them at cost.

6. unicron nemesis

unicron nemesis Infinite Black Photog

News Credits:
    G1 MIB Liokaiser for approx $260....let's just say the guy didn't know what he was doing...

7. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

All mine would be clearance tales. Most recently got leader SS for under $20 from target.

8. jimmynguyen41

jimmynguyen41 aka Special Agent JiMMeRz

News Credits:
    I scored RTS at Target for $2.97 when they were clearance, figures were Jazz and Tracks, and Mindset

second: i got Ldr Starscream and Ldr Battlehooks Prime for $9.97 when they were clearanced at Target

and third was when I bought ROTF Jetfire and Voyager Mix Master at TRU's as i was flirting with the cashier, she forgot to scan Jetfire i didnt notice till i got into my car checking the receipt, needless to say i didnt get her number but i got a free Jetfire.

9. Star Saber

Star Saber Primus Hates You!

News Credits:
    THS02 Convoy, THS02B Convoy and Classics Prime all for less than $100 from ebay :) 

10. Optimum1996

Optimum1996 Insert something here

I went into Tesco to buy Voyager Shockwave, the woman took off the security tag and forgot to charge me for it on the receipt, I tried telling her but she wasn't interested.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    $15 Cybertron Supreme king Starscream. :D 

12. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

A couple of months ago I was browsing around a local comic book shop, looking at their TFs. They had a MOSC Classics Ironhide on clearance for like 6 bucks.

13. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    Leader Movie Jetfire. Would never have bought him at full price. But they put him on clearance for 22 bucks, and I had a 10 dollar off coupon and my employee discount (I love being the financial manager for a superstore...I watch the money, then get the discounts) to get him for around 10 dollars after taxes.

14. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Only once. but I tried everything to rectify the situation.
    Everyone remembers "The Great Universe Inferno Debacle of 2008" right?
    HTS screwed up everyone's Inferno orders. Mine got lost in the mail somewhere and I got a refund(they were sold out). Low and behold a few days later a box was on my porch with Inferno inside, the package was marked "FREE SAMPLE".....WTF????
    I called HTS, told them what happened and they insisted that I not only keep Inferno but keep the refund as well? They said that there was NO WAY that they were going to make me pay for a "free sample". So I was like ok and I got Universe Inferno for free I guess.
    I know this exact same thing happened to A LOT of people on here, very strange.

15. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

i used to just plain steal toys when I was a kid, does that count?

16. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    a perfeclty MIB with all inserts part papper works etc etc g1 Bluestreak on ebay. Seller hade spelled the name wrong.

Price $88

Thx you :D 

17. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    No but I did have a huge argument over Universe Cheetor when they insisted I was scamming them in someway when I was trying to pay for it and it wouldn't scan - in the end I had to call for the manager drag him to the shelf point to the other examples on the shelf and ask him how the heck could I be guilty of some alleged offence when they's like another 4 on the shelf - I then insisted they take it to another till where it scanned immediately - they still didn't apologise for their attitude either. I can't imagine what was going through their tiny minds that something not scanning somehow = my fault ?

But no I don't remember a silly price error like that for a while. but I have bought a toy and got a voucher with it then bought another toy - got another voucher etc... until I ended up with like 60.00 worth of money off vouchers for buying a few toys. not a glitch just bad planning on their vouchers I guess - they expected people to not make multiple purchases and I made lots of single transactions and spent the voucher on the next and keep stacking them and kept getting more and more vouchers.

18. Darkman20xx

Darkman20xx Well-Known Member

I've come across a couple. Most recent being a Marvel Universe purchase. I found the Deadpool Taskmaster set that I've never seen anywhere else at a Pathmark on a late night shopping run. It didn't scan at the register and since they were about to close the manager didn't feel like checking the price and said "this doesn't look like it costs more that $5 dollars." OOOOOKKAAAAYYYY!!! LOL. Transformers related I remember like 2 or 3 years ago when animated was popular Target made a mistake in their computers and for like a day and a half the exclusive purple shockwave and Sunstorms were on sale but in their computers for $4.98 instead of what the sale price was supposed to be. This was pretty much a week to 2 weeks after they came out. Needless to say I racked up on them before they got hip to it.

19. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Would have been the Classics Ultra Magnus & Skywarp 2 pack for £15...but I didn't want it at the time. :redface2: 

But I did get Classics voyager Optimus for £10 when he was new in the store due to a pricing error (they hadn't removed the tag for a sale that finished a week earlier on older TF's); & Classics Ironhide in another shop for £3 because someone had labelled the price stickers wrong...so I bought two. :D 

20. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Top this:

Sixteen transformers for free thanks to a glitch by Hasbro on July 1st and they are shipping the stuff and it's not even costing a penny.