your head/target/powermaster preference

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by grunge, Jun 16, 2011.

1. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    in the rebirth, the target masters as well as the head masters were living beings inside mechsuits, which became the heads or guns for the TF. in the headmasters, they were already small bots that linked with a larger unit (transtector), or just becuase the "firearm" for a select bot. then we had masterforce in which they went back to being humans.

personally i liked the idea of the smaller more energy efficent robot linking to its vehicle. i not so crazy about the human being inside a mech suit then bending and twistin unanturally to transform. to me it should be a mini robot (minicon) as far as the headmasters go. for target masters and power masters, then i would say thats just team work.

what about the rest of you? your thoughts?

(i excluded brain masters, since they were never seen outisde of their transtectors.)

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Personally I lean towards the J-TF verse (Robotic Planet Master residents for Head- and Target- and [mostly] Human-Soul-Power for the God/Power- ), but I think there's potential in all the iterations of the concept, and it's a big enough universe that in my fanon they ALL exist, but the Nebulons get a lot fewer members ;) 

D/L

3. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I perfer robot's as being the "partner".

4. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    I prefer the robot angle as well. The comics' powermaster concept of humans having to eat copiously to power a giant robot was beyond dumb.

5. captaingambit

captaingambit Urban Explorer/Toy Addict

I prefer the concept where the "nebulons" are actually Cybertronian robots.

I like the Transtector concept behind the headmasters. The idea is that the larger robot is a kind of lifeless vehicle for the smaller robot, and when the robot needs to be larger sized, it doubles as a body. That's one thing I love about Headmaster toys. The head figures actually can ride inside the alt modes. So it is like adding a traditional "action figure with vehicle" play pattern on top of the traditional transformer play pattern.

For Targetmasters, I prefer the concept that the little guys are individual robots whose alt modes just happen to be guns. In that case, they are partners working with larger robot characters.

With power masters, I kind of waver somewhere in between, since the smaller robots don't turn into really anything in specific (a blockish chunk of motor, I guess). I guess as a play pattern it works better as transtector type deal, since the larger robot cannot be accessed without plugging the nebulon in place. On my toy shelf, I see the power master figures as being the actual robot, which contains that character's spark. This is kind of interesting because DoubleDealer is my favorite Powermaster. I see his two figures as being his spark split into two -- his noble side and his evil side. His two halves fight each other, but cannot seperate two far from one another since they are only halves of one character, and can only access one of the robot modes each.

6. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    and dont forget the binary bonding, in which a mental link is formed and the bot and the human share a link and to a point interegrate with each other.

i dunno the whole masterforce concept of the humans being the powersource becuase of their "chi" was a bit out there. and it took 3 humans to power god/apex bomber. i dont mind "mystics" as far as the spark goes, but the whole chokon, jinkon, and whatever the 3rd was, was a bit much.

the headmasters in jp-verse did it best as being minicon with a bulk body. the target master and power masters should be partners. i'd like to see a classics/universe god ginrai though.

7. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    that is a very interesting concept. a spark split in to the symbolise the different aspects of the cybertronians mind. like savage/noble in a since and they cant destroy each other but rather fight for domince. i like it.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Smaller robots = cooler

9. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    None of the above, Brainmaster!

10. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I personally LOVED headmasters and targetmasters. I would love to the figure if anyone of them got reissued. But first I would want some headmasters first.

11. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Robots all the way.

12. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    i read somewhere like last year they were going to redo a powermaster for the classics or generations line. never came. yes its long over-do for a "masters" remake.

13. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

I like to think of them as robots, but I kind of rolled the Micromasters/Mini-Cons/Nebulons into one group (blasphemy!) in my personal fan-iverse, and they're all Mini-Cons. There are already headmaster mini-cons (Rollout/Overload, Rook & Crosswise/Sideways) and Targetmasters, so I just lump all other Mini-Cons in as Powermasters.

As far as the Micromasters are concerned, something I've been wanting to do for a long time is remove the screws holding their bodies together, glue the body-halves together, then drill out that screw hole to match the 5mm Mini-Con connectors, thus turning all my Micromasters into Mini-Con Powermasters. Only two things stop me: I'm not sure I want to "ruin" all my Micromasters that way, and it seems like a lot of work.

My original Head/Target/Powermasters are just different types of Mini-Cons.

I wish we had more little triple-changing figures that have vehicle, robot, and head/weapon modes.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Love Targetmasters (I like thinking of them as Minicons) however i dispise the other two. I don't see the need for a Headmaster at all.

15. Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75 Master of the Rules.

Robots. The only aspect I liked of the Marvel Headmasters concept was the binary bonding. The way the two beings became one, and how each personality influenced the other.

The best example is Scorponok. Scorpy became more compassionate and "caring" towards his troops, while Zarak became a little more ruthless and calculating.

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I personally prefer all the *masters being robots, myself.

17. KNOOM842

KNOOM842 Ultra Con

Robots all the way and with that no more mircomasters only minicons. The only way i could see a human beinging a powermaster if he/she was some type of mutant with powers to mach like electro or storm. Cause food cant power up no Transfomer no matter how much you eat.

18. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    yeah i wonder if they ever calculated how much those powermaster humans ate calorie wise?