Your gun speaks your play style! Lets hear it!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DaggersRage, May 1, 2007.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Gamers have a preference in their weapons when it comes to shooters, action games, adventure games and some times, even RPGs.

What is your weapon preference in video games? For now, lets keep it focused to one weapon prefernce, no "I like sniper rifles and pistols", you'll have to make a choice between the two.

Then also, how does the weapon assist in your play style?

I'll start off....

I enjoy assault rifles the most, I like the accuracey and rate of fire they bring. They work good in short to medium range where I can sometimes even get some long shots on it, but I dont count on it. The damage with most assault rifles are kind of weak because they're simple guns, so I try to work around this weakness with speed and drawing first blood. I move with "angles" and focus on flanking tactics, I dont have to be stealthy, I just have to be fast, like my assault rifle's rate of fire.

2. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Knife. Always.

I got so many kills as the spy in Team Fortress, I was banned from three different servers for cheating.

3. DaggersRage

Oh yeah, I should have mentions that this isnt just focused on guns. If you have a preference in swords, fisty-cuffs, toilets, speak it out :D 

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    In RPGs, my preferred weapons tend to be gunblades. Take out the weak ones at a distance, then get up close and personal to clear out any survivors.

Unless we're talking FFXII, in which case it would have to be the Greatsword weapon class.

5. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shotgun

nothing makes you feel more like a man than running through halo pawning people with a big shotgun, i like getting up close to people and meleeing them and shooting them and use grenades if i'm far away

6. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

Railgun.

Have to be twitchy, accurate and skilled to be good with it.

Especially in games where other weapons are available to other players.

Some of the best times I've ever had is playing the Q3A instagib mod.

7. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I play Counterstike and love to get down and dirty with MP5's and things that shoot fast and are damn lethal at a close range.

Also like maps in CS where all the players have the same guns, like scoutzknivez or aim_mp5...

8. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

If my love for Cruellock doesn't give it away, I prefer Claw-type weapons and Great Swords.

9. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A shotgun has always seemed to be my favorite

10. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    I like a nice bazooka. If I can't get that, a shotgun is okay too.

11. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

My favorite was the gauss rifle in Perfect Dark that shot through walls. Generally speaking, the sniper rifle - I'd rather kill them before they know I'm there.

12. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

QFT. Pretty much any FPS I use the shotgun, a pistol or assualt rifle for back-up. I miss playing Halo 2 on live. Shotgun and pistol/sword. XD

13. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    honestly, I never stick to one weapon, but if I had to pick a favorite, well the only first person shooter I really played have been quake series, and metroid prime.

for quake, I like the rocket launcher, its always a good weapon :) 

14. Firestorm

Firestorm Red Mage in Training

Only because of Halo, but I prefer the pistol. Decent sized clips for up-close work, and a scope for long range. Halo is the ONLY game I stick with the pistol in, usually pairing it with the Assault Rifle.

15. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Giant. Fucking. Swords.

16. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Depends on the game. When I play the Delta Force series, I love nothing more than camping 1000 m out with my M24 sniper rifle.

For standard arena-style FPS where you don't have the option of getting so far out, I'll usually stick to an assault rifle - whatever has a fairly high rate of fire and larger magazine capacity. The RPC-90 in GoldenEye rocked.

17. DaggersRage

DPC-90 = FN-P90 :D 

[​IMG]

18. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    A Huge Rocket Launcher.

(I like pretty explosions!)

19. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Game dependant.

Cod2 I used rifles, CoD3 I use the shotgun from the medic kit since its great for up close and defense unless its a more open map then I use the support big assed machine gun. GRAW2 I use a big assed machine gun to just tear through people and lay down cover. Battlefield 1942 I sniped for nearly 5 months straight never using another kit, I finally switched to anti tank and the bazooka, Desert Combat I soley used the RPG. Battlefield 2 I varied so much mainly using the unlocked .50 sniper rifle, the Assualt rifles, and the anti tank kit with the unlocked shotgun and rocket launcher. BF2 Special forces I primarily used the Assault Kit and the Ant Tank kit (same or similar to BF2) because of the grappling hook. Rainbow 6 I use assualt rifles and Gears of War I use the Shotgun because its the only thing I can act like I know what I'm doing with. Halo I used the assualt or battle rifle which ever one was in the first. In Halo 2 I usually stuck to dual wielding SMGs but i didn't stick with the game that long to really explore my options.

Basically my play style is lazy. I lie around somewhere and play defense except for BF2 Special Forces because the gear lets you go all ninja and climb around everything. I prefer sniper rifles but the only game I've ever really been great at sniping and could do it consistantly was BF1942 (only game where I can keep a distance between me and my targets).

20. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Halo2, energy zapper and the machine gun.
    One drains the shields, then a few shots from the machine gun and they're gone.