your gaming wtf moment

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by metcar, Mar 16, 2009.

1. metcar

metcar mmm donut!

what moment made you go wtf in gaming and i mean in real life as you're playing or something that happend to your game while you were away and yeah even stuff on the game that made you go uhhhhhhhhh huh? lol for me it would be being on the last level of sonic 2 adventure battle and my nephew erasing my save.

2. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    My Super Mario World for my GBA not being able to save after you FINALLY beat the game 100%.

Says save file is corrupted.

It always happens.

I heard since the game is old, maybe the save battery in the cart died?

This has happened to other people btw with the same game.

Help me! PLEASE!

3. metcar

metcar mmm donut!

hmmm maybe does it let you save anywhere else? if so then you must have a glitchy copy if not then yeah the internal battery is dead

4. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    It lest you save all the way until you finally beat it.

Even if I didn't do the side missions to complete it 100%, if I beat the final fight against Bowser it would not let me save.

Sucks too cause I want Bonus mode sooo bad.

Q: Should I just try and get a copy of the recent GBA Player's Choice re-release version? It is technically newer than the original cart release.

5. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

Looking at a dude's anteater while playing The Lost and Damned...

6. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I played Marvel Nemesis on the PS2, I had 100s of wtf moments. But it was a great game. Same with the entire Halo series. But one game I go WTF at a lot is Mario Kart DS. Besides all the cheaters on Wi-Fi, the game has constant glitches. This one time one of the racers respawned while driving.

7. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

my little bro sent me a video on his phone of some soldier he killed in FEAR 2, the physics had caused him to slowly shuffle across the ground.
    when he killed him, he was slowly shuffling across the ground into a pop machine.
    when my bro left and wandered back into the room 5 minutes later, he had gone all the way to the other side of the room.
    I got a good lol out of that. I <3 ragdoll physics.

8. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

one of my big moments was in Zelda: OoT when you finally find out that Shiek was Zelda. it totally blew me away!

9. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals

When you're in the temple to get the Dual Blade ... and there's a graphic bug, so all you see is blotched pixels everywhere, and you just have to walk up in a straight line to set the scene in motion (THANK GOD).

10. metcar

metcar mmm donut!

oh never winter nights 1 diamond edition complete freeze and if i ctrl+alt+del it completely crashed the pc gave me a blue screen and restarted the pc happend alot

11. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    the tf movie game had all kinds of wtf, only one i remember off hand is after beating a challenge or level itd go black and white and zoom in on you and all the loose stuff on the map like barrles would float to the sky in the background?

cod4 online ps3 has all kinds of dubyou tee eff mates......

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    1. Battletoads for the SNES - specifically the level with the bike thingies.

2. When I found out (the hard way) that Counter-Strike's Arctic Warfare Magnum kills with just one shot.

3. When I found out just how much had to be done in Diddy Kong Racing.

4. The final battle in Metal Slug X. I thought the fight was over when I had beaten the spherical alien craft, but then the huge mother ship descended from the sky.

5. When Samus Aran revealed herself to be a woman.

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After playing for a while on Zelda, a Link to the Past and beating the first 3 Dungeons, finding out that the game had really just started and you now had 12 more to beat. Gaming bliss at its finest.

14. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    I've got a few worth mentioning.

One that was my own fault, was when I was playing Red Faction (PS2 FPS) and I accidentally jumped into a pit. I paused and went to load my save file, but accidentally saved, thereby ruining my file, as everytime I loaded my game, I was freefalling.

I recently spent almost 30 minutes replaying a certain road rage in Burnout Paradise, and I finally beat it (Target Achieved message popped up) but the event wasn't cleared from my map, and I never got credit for it, so I had to redo it.

And the best is this awesome PC game I have, called Hard Truck, made by Valusoft. It's the best worst game ever. It's essentially a big rig racing game, but you can buy parts for your truck, etc. Well my friend and I were playing/laughing at it one day, when the computer opponents rammed my truck out of their way and went speeding directly through a mountain. When I tried, it was clear that it was a solid surface. Ok, weird glitch, makes winning impossible. Later, I was driving along when my truck suddenly blast up into the air and started spiraling violently until all the environment textures vanished and the game froze. Ah ValuSoft.

15. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My copy of Mario 3 died just as I made it to World 4 for the first time. I can't tell you how anxious I was to get to the famed "Big World." And then... mail that cartridge away and wait 6-8 weeks for a replacement... Hard thing for a kid to handle!

My most recent WTF moment (in-game) was in Uncharted. Those of you who have played it know what I'm talking about... After more than half way through the game, all of a sudden you are fighting a completely different enemy in a completely different style. Amazing game.

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me it was MGS3, when Volgin "touched" Big Boss (who was disguised as his er, lover).

17. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

FEAR 2's ending is a major WTF but I don't know if that counts.

It's hard for me to think of one WTF moment that stands out above the rest. One time in Battlefield 1942, I got ran over by an airplane, in mid flight.

In Gears of War 2, I'm in the horde, I think it was with ColorMechanist even, we're having a bitch of a time getting past one wave, we're almost done and suddenly we both explode. The death was not caused by any enemies and game only said that we just died.

In Mercenaries 1, I'm driving my uber awsum'z sports car and have it get ruined by a helicopter that fell out of the sky, it just fell, I don't think it was damage because I didn't see any fire come from the heli's rotor, it just decided to fall on me.

That's about all that I can think of.

18. BigBadBoombox

BigBadBoombox Boombox Cakes superior!

I had to think about this for awhile. in my 20 years of gaming i'd have to say was when i had a modded ps1 in 1998, and i was given a copy of a game called "Thrill Kill" from my manager at the Babbages ( old school name for gamestop) that wasn't released but the dev's dropped a workable copy on the net for 24 hours. There was this dominatrix chick that would what i figure is the erotic piledriver, whereas she stuck the opponents head between her legs and did a split down, smashing their heads into the ground while moaning... too bad this game was ripped apart and made into that Wu Tang Game.

19. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

halo 2. the cliffhanger ending is the biggest pile of BS ever!

20. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I agree, the whole series is shit :wink: