Customs: Your friendly moron back with another question

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by WO3004, Apr 12, 2014.

1. WO3004

WO3004 One half of a Duobot

News Credits:
    Now i'd love to create my own customised figures but I am not very talented when it comes to crafting so I suppose repainting and minor tweaks is more my sort of thing. Except I can't paint... i'm not very good with a brush so are there any types of pens that can be used to paint plastic and metal allowing me to repaint my figures?

2. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    Some people use metallic sharpies but they will rub off without a clear coat and even still id try taping the area putting a base coat. Scissors n masking tape if you're afraid of clumping use up some paint up prior so the can is thinned out adequately .i had issues with that when i started 10 years ago ....wow ole bendy prime

3. WO3004

WO3004 One half of a Duobot

News Credits:
    Clear coat?

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A lot of people use what is called Gundam Markers. They're basically paint pens. Not sure where you can find them specifically but since Gundam models are common in Japan I doubt they're hard to find.

A clear coat, unless I am mistaken, is a sealer. It protects paint from scratches. I use floor polish as my sealer but others use commercial paint sealers.