Your First

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rodimus, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

It's almost the 25th anniversery and there have been many TF series at this point. RiD was 8 years ago and Armada about 5 years ago. So I'm thinking it's been long enough that these fans should be in the regular community on the boards by now and I'm interested to ask the question.

What was your first Transformers series? Which series was it that you first paid attention to that made you a fan of Transformers?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Beast Wars all the way, second to none. The complex story arcs, amazing characters, voices, dialoge and stunning (for it's time) animation had me at first transformation.

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

G1, but it wasn't the 'toon that got me interested. It was the first time I ever heard of TFs, when I spotted them in my local Smith's back in '84, and got my mum to buy me Huffer. Little bugger got me hooked.

4. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Armada, Sideways was a very cool charachter and convinced me to find out more about Transformers. Soon after i got very interested in Beast Wars.

5. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

Soundwave and Buzzsaw. i was in grade 1 in 84, September and it was first day of school. mom was going to buy me robot walkie talkies at K-Mart. She didn't find them, but got me soundwave instead. i came home and was addicted right away. The cartoon came later, so it was the toys that got me first, not the cartoon, but i'm a G1 fan all the way.

Beastwars had the best scripting, and a majority of the best moments in TF history, i agree, but NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING will ever beat the sherman dam scene.

6. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I've been hooked since the very 1st shipment of G1 seekers hit Toys R Us.

3 seekers to choose from, I could only get one. Took me bout a half hour to decide whether I should buy Starscream or Skywarp. Skywarp won!

7. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I don't really know, the ads and comics (and obviously the toys) got me hooked as a child, don't think I really saw much of the cartoon as a kid (was it on a cable/sat channel here in the UK?).

Oh! Just realised I should say G1, oops!

I find it a struggle to watch a lot of MTMTE now, despite my best efforts my eyes want to close (I know, I know, sacrilige). My favourite series is Masterforce, but I'm veering off topic now.

8. alecgates15

alecgates15 DK is Triple Hitler

News Credits:
    My actual first, Supreme Cheetor. I never actually remember playing with him. But my second was RID Prowl, who I played with every day, but I lost him.
    First watched series was Armada, followed by Animated. I missed out a lot.

9. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same for me.

10. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beast Wars is what I grew up with. My two cousins had an amazing collection. The only transformers I had when I was a kid were G2 Skydive, G2 Seaspray, G2 Beachcomber (I wish I could find these 3 I know I didn't toss them) and some mcdonalds beast wars toys (I was really into Hotwheels, LEGO's and videogames as a kid). I kind of fell out of the loop after Beast Machines. That was until December 06' when I was in TRU and saw classics Starscream (bought him too)and I remembered how much I enjoyed Beast Wars. Then the movie hype started and the rest is history. I have really grown to like G1 stuff and started to watch the show (Im about 7 episodes into season 2).

11. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

G1

12. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    First series G1. Still watch it.
    First toy Windcharger. Still have him.

Does anyone have footage of the Marvel Comics tv ad for Transformers? I look around from time to time but have yet to find it.

13. GladiatorPrime

GladiatorPrime working on Rampage P2-V2

I was 9 when G1 aired.....been hooked ever since!

14. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

My first series I remember watching some was G1. Cybertron cartoon got me back into the show and the toys!

15. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Technically the first series I watched was G1 as G2, and then there's my vague memories of childhood watching the movie. The first toy I bought was G2 Drench.

The first series I really followed and collected was Beast Wars. Unfortunately, I honestly forget whether or not Wolfang or Ultra Megatron was my first.

16. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

My first exposure that got me hooked to Transformers was of coarse the original generation. It was early 1985 and the characters responsible were Smokescreen and Optimus Prime. A friend owned them and would bring them by and he explained to me what type of character Optimus was and how he was the good guy's leader. From that point I was really interested and began renting all of the original season 1 FHS tapes as much as I could and I was in love with Transformers!

My first Transformer was Optimus Prime himself, given as a christmas gift.

I never knew about the comics, but I watched the show as often as I could and by the time the movie came out and season 3 with 5 Faces of Darkness when the season's story arc had previous episodes having something to do with a future episodes event, and explained the beginnings of the TFS, that's when I was absolutely hooked to Transformers. The mythos, the toys, and all merchandise associated with the franchise. It was a great time to be a kid in 1986-1987. :D 

17. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

the movie then i looked in to G1 and beast wars and i was hooked

18. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My first series was G1.
    I was so young that I can't remember which toy came first.

19. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I'd have to tell the truth and say Cybertron. The first time I noticed Transformers for what they were was during RID, and I first looked at them in the toy aisle during Armada. I got my first toy during Energon, and then, finally watched my first episode during Cybertron. That's what got me in the craze. Then the Movie madness, which I got most of my toys from before I even saw the movie. Now, I see myself as a devoted fan, and usually one of the first to hear anything about Transformers, especially Animated, which I plan to spend a lot on.

20. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Beast Wars!!!!!!!!!
    it was my first transformers show and still my fav but animated may top it lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.