Your first transformer

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jonnyshaft, Aug 27, 2011.

1. jonnyshaft

jonnyshaft Well-Known Member

I was thinking of a thread where there could be little to no arguments, and I thought it would be cool to hear the stories behind everyones first transformer toy- what figure it was, how old they were, were they instanstly hooked, etc.

My first were Hound and Thundercracker in October of 1984 when I was 9. Saved $20 from doing odd jobs and my mom took me to Best to get them.
    I think Hound was around $7.99 and Thundercracker was $9.99. The artwork on the boxes drew me in instantly. I still believe that the packaging on the original toys was some of the best ever created for a toy, or any product for that matter.

Unfortunately, I lost that goddamn gas can before I even got home.

2. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Mine was Cybertron Landmine I was 6 when I bought him. Still have allmhis accessories besides his intructions.

3. khopson

khopson Well-Known Member

I was 10 years old. I got Soundwave and Thundercracker for Christmas. I actually opened my gifts several days before Christmas (without my parents knowing). I played with the figures, put them back how I found them, and re-wrapped the gifts. I actually did this twice. That's how much I loved them. I've been hooked ever since. Also, I agree that the boxes were awesome. Seeing the vintage stuff brings back so many great memories.

4. LordShockwave

LordShockwave Harold of Power.

News Credits:
    Mine was RID optimus prime I got from my cousin for christmas when I was like 4. Still have him, too bad i thought that it would be a good idea to take of all his rubber tires and lose them...stupid 4 yea old haha. I remember he always frusterated me as a child cause he was such a parts-former.

5. MrTuesday

MrTuesday Well-Known Member

Red Bumblebee, 86. I was 5 at the time I think. As a kid, I thought it was Cliffjumper. To this day, I have a love for the VW bug because of it.

I had one of the Seacons. Seawing, I think. Never got the whole set. Part of me wants the BBTS Piranacon just to get Seawing back.

6. Unfall

Unfall Shattered Glass

I believe my first was beast wars drillnuts

7. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I was 4. It was a SpyChangers Prowl and Sideswipe.

8. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:

That a crazy coincidence, the first TF I ever saw was a Hound in 84' (before the cartoon aired), and the first TF I ever owned was a Thundercracker in 84'.

9. blur3479

blur3479 Movie Prime Apologist

News Credits:
    Rid prowl I mightve been 4 got him for my birthday I broke him the next all I have to remember him by are his doors

10. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    RID Megatron, 7 Years old, Xmas 2001

11. arcee101

arcee101 wrecker

Armada Hotshot w. Jolt. I was 5. He's my fav character of Armada. Instantly hooked.

12. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    TF07 Legends Optimus Prime or TF07 Scout Skyblast. I was 11. I've now got 46 Transformers.

13. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I probably answer this differently every time, but usually with one of these 3- Cliffjumper, Bluestreak, or Thundercracker. One of them has got to be right.

14. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

My first was technically Bumblebee in 1984, but I don't recall liking or playing with it much, and in fact I think I lost it or traded it for something else shortly after getting it. I was already taken with He-Man and Gobots at the time and just wasn't interested. At Christmas, for reasons that I am not entirely clear on, I got Optimus Prime and Starscream and I really consider those my true first Transformers. I don't really remember how the timeline went, whether I asked for them because of liking the show or comics by that point, or whether someone getting me the toys out of the blue was what started me going. But whatever it was, I didn't want any toys other than Transformers for about four years after that.

15. meirelle

meirelle Sea of Shelfwarmers

Classics Sunstreaker. Yeah, I know. I came in late to the collecting game.

16. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Bye

My first Transformer was the G2 Optimus Prime that was similar to the G1 version but with a new trailer and a soundbox. I believe it was Christmas of '93. Unfortunately I don't know what ever became of that toy, I assume it ended up sold or given away.

17. NathanS

NathanS Well-Known Member

Sprocket, if you don't know him he's this guy Only have the attack car left, with one wing. Still car is in great shape and have been meaning to see if I can't get Sprocket himself and the other attachable pieces I'm missing.

18. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

I got a hand-me-down FlyWheels from a cousin who lived that '86 Transformers craze. I was born two years after. Got it in '93. I didn't realize it was vintage already.
    Three years later I got a BW Razorclaw at my 9th b-day party. But the first TF I set out to acquire on my own was Airhammer in '98. Somebody needed to deal with those Decepticons! Razorclaw and Airhammer have been each others' nemesis since. Throughout the '96-'98 I got McD Happy Meal TFs that I sorted into being Maximals (the Stingray was a Predacon, but I didn't know).
    I lost FlyWheels when I moved in 2000. I was very sad to have lost it. I personally brought Airhammer with me. I left Razorclaw behind, but I never ended up returning to my hometown, so I had family get me Razorclaw. Before that, however, BM Happy meals were being distributed across the US, and I got every one of them except for Black Arachnia :( 

19. Evil'Con

Evil'Con Genericon

News Credits:
    Cybertron Breakdown GTS.

20. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    '84 G1 Starscream.